Tevez and Aguero

chrismcfc1 said:
Ideally yes, this isn't always the case though, I found the first half against spurs and a few times this season / last where we only had one way of scoring and no other way while they are both On the pitch together. I suppose that's the benefit of having 4 strikers but I'm a bit wary
Of the 2 together.

Obviously they won't run riot every week, no pairing does. More to do with the lack of cutting edge from midfield recently than their effort or runs. I think Kun is assuming the role higher up the park with CT free to drop off on either side, mainly he goes right cos it's where Zabs is.

I do think if we played wingers they would both bag more as mentioned above, but the probs they give opponants is incredible. No prob mixing it up for the games like Villa at home next week, start Mario or Edin or even both. But the big ones, got to be Tev and Ags.

Champions2012! said:
Rebelblue said:
reason why Dzeko scores so many from the bench when the two Argentine's start is cos teams are shattered from being pulled all over the place by the incredible movement and energy they provide. It's not all about scoring, yet they both have a decent haul so far.

Must start every single big game for us.

A striker's main task is to score goals, nothing else

Main task yes, sole task absolutely not. You can't score unless you perform a role for the team, it's impossible. Even if that role is standing still in the box, it's a role, but that day is long gone.

Do you reckon if Serg doesn't do his 14/15 little spin off the last man movement yesterday in the first 64 mins he gets it right in the 65th?

Their movement has been excellent but they've been missing that killer pass which Silva provides, lucky for us Silva is back now.

a great pairing, goals have been lacking a little... tevez been runing the wing at times lately !

true that when they run defences ragged, dzecko comes on with fresh legs and does the business...

im happy with them both, let them play together a bit more, liked the tevez maicon link up against spurs..

Rebelblue said:
reason why Dzeko scores so many from the bench when the two Argentine's start is cos teams are shattered from being pulled all over the place by the incredible movement and energy they provide. It's not all about scoring, yet they both have a decent haul so far.

Must start every single big game for us.
Absolutely this. Those two tire defences out.

chrismcfc1 said:
Are they a good pairing or not??

Can only think of Norwich away last season where they were both on fire and linked up
Great. Tevez rarely completes a full 90 mins and when we do take him off its usually for
Dzeko who then comes on and scores

Are we too predictable when together as the only route we have is to go through the middle.

My opinion is aguero number 1 striker then edin. Tevez and balotelli
2nd pairing.

I don't think Mancini considers the opposition enough or our own team selection:

If we play,say,Stoke - a 'big' team built on power and strength. Against such teams we need to play Dzeko who therefore needs proper 'service', ie wingers/wingbacks. The team should be set up for this type of match.

If we play,say,Liverpool or Chelsea - a 'smaller' team built on more subtle style. In this we should play more mobile agile players ie Tevez and Aguero when wingers are not needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.