Tevez and Aguero

mansour's tow ropes said:
some games they work well, some they don't.

its difficult to tell because they never get a run in the side together, if they do both start its usually for the odd games and its difficult to judge.

for this reason, go through every possible pairing and ask if they are good together. its a tricky one to answer because of the rotation that mancini uses. as long as someone scores the winner each game i don't care who plays!

Each starting pair should be under no illusions that if they haven't brought untold joy to CBL3 Aisle 323 (and the rest of yer, of course!) by 55 or 60 mins, they should expect Mancini prowling the technical area with his shepherd's crook!

Every one of them has his strengths and weaknesses and they complete each other with Dzeko.

I think Mancini needs to start with 3 forwards, with Carlos playing behind Dzeko and Sergio.

chrismcfc1 said:
Are they a good pairing or not??

Can only think of Norwich away last season where they were both on fire and linked up
Great. Tevez rarely completes a full 90 mins and when we do take him off its usually for
Dzeko who then comes on and scores

Are we too predictable when together as the only route we have is to go through the middle.

My opinion is aguero number 1 striker then edin. Tevez and balotelli
2nd pairing.

I def agree with you

Wretched Vengeance said:
Rebelblue said:
reason why Dzeko scores so many from the bench when the two Argentine's start is cos teams are shattered from being pulled all over the place by the incredible movement and energy they provide. It's not all about scoring, yet they both have a decent haul so far.

Must start every single big game for us.

Good assessment.

Only thing I would add, is I'd like to see Tevez stop running into defenders trying to go through them with the ball, maybe be less selfish, more aware and lay the ball off.

Very slight criticism.

how can you call tevez selfish?????????

sorry:(

Think the OP's question is a good one and one that I've been wondering myself. Fact of the matter is they barely threatened the first half on sunday and didn't exactly run riot against Ajax when you'd expect them to. The jury's still out for me at the moment, two great players though no doubt and they can be immense together it's just whether they are good together often enough?

I've seen some brilliance from the 2 of them, and I've seen frustration between the 2 of them. Not sure if you could call either of them greedy, but there have been occasions where the pass was on for the goal and both have had the shot and missed.

Just a quick point, we won 11 out of 12 at the start of last season without Tevez and won the title despite him fucking off to play golf for six months. This myth that he won us the title in the last six games is exactly that, admittedly he played well in two of those six games but the other four he made very little contribution (one assist at Wolves for Nasri's goal but only because Bassong did his hamstring).

Great individual player, great when we lose possession because he fights for every ball and he will score the occasional brilliant solo goals but when we're in possession and he drops deep (which he does 99% of the time) then he kills the space the likes of Silva, Nasri and Yaya love to exploit and that also leaves Aguero completely isolated up front against two defenders. When Tevez plays as an out and out striker he's great but all this dropping deep every single time is killing the movement in the team because it leaves us with only one potential option for the ball in behind, so we end up going backwards to Vinny and Nasty way too much.

Dzeko and Balotelli make runs in behind which pulls a defender away and means that Aguero gets far more opportunities to isolate defenders one on one. All I will say is that unless Tevez changes this dropping deep bollocks (which admittedly is his natural game) and starts making runs in behind defences then Aguero will not score goals consistently.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Think the OP's question is a good one and one that I've been wondering myself. Fact of the matter is they barely threatened the first half on sunday and didn't exactly run riot against Ajax when you'd expect them to. The jury's still out for me at the moment, two great players though no doubt and they can be immense together it's just whether they are good together often enough?

I think if we score an early goal which we haven't generally done consistently of late this is having
A big factor. As once we get that early goal these 2 with extra space will run riot.
However Sunday highlighted it more than ever as I believe if we'd have stuck with
Aguero and tevez in the second half I couldn't see anything happening at all.

Maybe the opposition know we are only going to play one way and as long
As they mark up very tight they are confident to hit us on the break / set pieces.

fatbloke said:
Just a quick point, we won 11 out of 12 at the start of last season without Tevez and won the title despite him fucking off to play golf for six months. This myth that he won us the title in the last six games is exactly that, admittedly he played well in two of those six games but the other four he made very little contribution (one assist at Wolves for Nasri's goal but only because Bassong did his hamstring).

Great individual player, great when we lose possession because he fights for every ball and he will score the occasional brilliant solo goals but when we're in possession and he drops deep (which he does 99% of the time) then he kills the space the likes of Silva, Nasri and Yaya love to exploit and that also leaves Aguero completely isolated up front against two defenders. When Tevez plays as an out and out striker he's great but all this dropping deep every single time is killing the movement in the team because it leaves us with only one potential option for the ball in behind, so we end up going backwards to Vinny and Nasty way too much.

Dzeko and Balotelli make runs in behind which pulls a defender away and means that Aguero gets far more opportunities to isolate defenders one on one. All I will say is that unless Tevez changes this dropping deep bollocks (which admittedly is his natural game) and starts making runs in behind defences then Aguero will not score goals consistently.

that's how I see it too

and that is why we do not seem as free scoring with Tevez in the side

Edin needs to start more or he'll be offski so I would play him more at home with Sergio and keep his supersub role mostly for the away games

Tevez + 1 away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.