Tevez and Aguero

Statistically the difference between City and Utd is in chance conversion.

City have had more shots than Utd, only Everton have more. City and Utd have a similar number of Shots on Target. City 70 (the best record in the Premiership) to Utd's 64, but Utd have scored a lot more goals from these shots

Therefore Aguero and Tevez need to step it up

This is all subjective now:

Aguero has been missing a lot of chances. Spurs was a case in pint for City's strikeforce in general. A lot of efforts on goal, but very few Friedel saves.

They're both great players, but when they both play I feel we miss the presence we'd have from having a larger player up front - ie Dzeko.
What I really liked about when they played well together last season, though, was Tevez dropping back a bit and Aguero further forward... In fact, I'd quite like to see Tevez playing more like an advanced midfielder where his work rate and creativity would maybe count more. Especially if Silva and/or Yaya are having off days.

Rebelblue said:
reason why Dzeko scores so many from the bench when the two Argentine's start is cos teams are shattered from being pulled all over the place by the incredible movement and energy they provide. It's not all about scoring, yet they both have a decent haul so far.

Must start every single big game for us.
Spot on!

bluebobom said:
They're both great players, but when they both play I feel we miss the presence we'd have from having a larger player up front - ie Dzeko.
What I really liked about when they played well together last season, though, was Tevez dropping back a bit and Aguero further forward... In fact, I'd quite like to see Tevez playing more like an advanced midfielder where his work rate and creativity would maybe count more. Especially if Silva and/or Yaya are having off days.

Like we did at West Ham is it? I love Edin, but to say he provides a presence up front is looking through rose tinted eyes. If he did half the work physically as the other 2 he'd be an automatic starter, he doesn't so he isn't. Simple..

When CT and Kun play together CT does drop off and play in the hole. Very successfully as the stats above show about how we win when they start together.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:21 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Statistically the difference between City and Utd is in chance conversion.

City have had more shots than Utd, only Everton have more. City and Utd have a similar number of Shots on Target. City 70 (the best record in the Premiership) to Utd's 64, but Utd have scored a lot more goals from these shots

Therefore Aguero and Tevez need to step it up

This is all subjective now:

Aguero has been missing a lot of chances. Spurs was a case in pint for City's strikeforce in general. A lot of efforts on goal, but very few Friedel saves.

Aguero was missing for about 5 of the matches where united racked up their 9 extra goals. Let him get fit and we'll see where we go.

The Tevez and Aguero partnership being the best is a myth. Pundits and fans both go on about them being on the same wave length etc. but they aren't. They occupy a lot of the same space and Tevez holds on to the ball for too long at times.

When Tevez plays in a two, he likes to come deep, hence the formation often being written on paper as 4-3-2-1 rather than say, 4-2-2-2/4-4-2. The partnership is successful against a high line because in coming deep, Tevez draws defenders out of position, and leaves Sergio to expose the huge quantity of space in behind. The partnership works better alongside Silva because of his quick thinking and his beautifully executed cushioned passes.
However, against a deep defence, I'd echo the feeling that they occupy much of the same space, and generally frustrate each other. Although I'd blame many frustrating performances against teams playing deep on the lack of a winger rather than the forward coupling.

IF Tevez and Aguero managed to score their easy chances in the first half, then we may have a different argument here.

IF Tevez problem that he likes to drop deep to pick the ball, then Mancini should just ask him to stay up and wait the team to create chances for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.