Tevez and Aguero

Dzaguero gives us many dimensions. They key is Yaya and Silva being on their games.
Can unlock any defence, killer ball and sure up the midfield

I don't think there exists or has existed a top team that has a strike partnership where the players are as similar as these 2.

It works much better to have a contrast in styles or at least some differences.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:48 am --<br /><br />
SamCity123 said:
chrismcfc1 said:
Another example that these 2 are not productive as a pairing, main reason is they both like to drop deep leaving no one in the middle. Dzeko stays in the middle for the whole 90 mins.

Dzeko and one of tevez or aguero for me ?????

Why do we find Dzeko on the wing many times when he is on the pitch, though?!

Well, tonight, because he came on to form a front 3. Which never works for us. Chasing the game by lumping on strikers so when we lose the ball we have no shape.

Since the Newcastle away game on May 6th, Aguero + Tevez has been the starting partnership in 11 premier league games. In ONLY THREE of those games were City winning when the partnership was disrupted by substitution (normally by taking off Tevez).

Those who cite the total number of goals scored by Tevez and Aguero when they start together never mention that 9 of those goals came against Norwich and Aston Villa.

Tevez rarely passes to other strikers and then normally does so only if he sees a return pass in the offing. And that includes freezing out his Argentine 'pal'. I can recall Tevez creating clear-cut chances for Milner, Richards and Zaba. But when has Tevez created clear-cut scoring chances for Aguero? In contrast, for example, after Aguero came on in the 81st minute in the recent Fulham game, he was put clear through twice by Dzeko.

Aguero has been a disappointment this season.

His all round play is ok but he is our main striker and should be scoring more of the chances he gets. He misses far too many.

Dzeko is just too hit and miss to start him every game. I just know if he plays on sunday he will be bossed by agger.

Tevez isn't scoring either although his all round play isn't too bad. Last night he was poor.

Missed Yaya last night. Barry and Milner in midfield is never going to set the world on fire.

Tevez should take Nasri place and the new front 4 should be ( Tevez,Silva, Aguero with Dzeko ahead of them ).

Tevez City said:
Tevez should take Nasri place and the new front 4 should be ( Tevez,Silva, Aguero with Dzeko ahead of them ).

this. tevez to drop deeper.

We've only got Tevez, Aguero and Dzeko as forward options. We can't play them all every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.