Tevez backs down ?

adrianr said:
Could I just clarify something? There is a lot of talk about us 'downgrading' the charge from refusal to play to refusal to warm up, but the official charge from the club itself is refusal to participate. Is this a case of the media thinking its been downgraded when in fact refusal to participate covers both playing or warming up, or that refusal to participate is a fancy way of saying he wouldn't warm up?

The way I see it, there is no clear line between the one and the other. The manager might well feel he simply cannot field a player who isn't warmed up satisfactorily. Or he might think it's impossible to field a player who isn't following instructions. So yes, it could be a way to dress up a refusal to warm up, but it could also be that the club considers that in effect, refusing to warm up is refusing to play.

But that's not the only grey area. Consider that whilst Carlos might have only intended to refuse to warm up, his actions and words might have been ambiguous. It might have been that the coaches didnt understand him, they might reasonably have thought that he was refusing to play. It might have even been his clear intention to refuse to play, but in the cold light of day, proving that explicitly might not have been possible.

Everyone wants a clear version of events but in the heat of the moment things get messy. Even the other players might not have a clue who said what to whom.

Right from the get go, Kia was muddying the waters, talking vaguely about this being a misunderstanding, that being a mistranslation. And City won't go into details less outsiders take them out of context.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
bobmcfc said:
So if he's fucked off to argentina against club orders, what's our next move ?

Get rid of his locker at Carrington, Ban Corned Beef from the Club and give the Falklands to Brazil.
Lol

Easy way round the 10% rule is just have him on the bench even if he is fat as fuck, bring him on with a minute to go to fulfil that rule, he will be a laughing stock, rolling round the pitch like an old Maradona.

He really does think out of sight out of mind, he has gone to Argentina to sort his next transfer, he is on a meeting,he won't be back till after the international. break. Instinct tells me it Looks more like Chelsea.

moomba said:
Interesting that his lack of training is being put into the public domain, reckon this is probably an early shot fired in case Tevez is looking at using this 10% rule.

If we can say that he wasn't fit for a significant portion of the season it may help justify not playing him in 10% of competitive matches.

And if he misses training, fine him the two weeks, and do it again for the next session he misses. We could end up making a fortune out of it.

Sounds good to me, not to mention we can argue and win that if we played him unfit he could suffer injury so Mr Taylor you have been warned

One problem sort of fudged. Tevez then creates problem 2. Does he secretley think he should have got a 6 week fine, and is just making up for it with these stunts? All very sad.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
....and give the Falklands to Brazil.
And this is why my boss's boss is looking at me as if I have 6 heads. Proper laugh out loud funny that.

Swedish press now reports Teves has left the country, heading for Argentina without permission from the club, and further charges are to be expected.
Not a smart thing to do Carlitos, but I guess you no longer care.

PS - Sorry if this is old news, just heard it myself. It's on Sky as well:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7299648/Tevez-facing-further-punishment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... punishment</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.