Tevez better than Sergio?

I loved Tevez from the first time I ever saw him play, for Argentina I think. His explosive bursts and relentless harrying of defenders was a joy to watch.

I remember when he came to West Ham, I was gutted it wasn’t us. Who’d have thought he’d, one day, wear the blue shirt? What a shame it wasn’t for much, much longer.

They are really hard to compare because with Tevez we got him for a brief period of his career with Sergio it was the bulk of his career and his best years too, while more widely he will never be considered one of the top imports into the English game a strong case can be made that he has been. However, for a one off game at their very best forgetting the baggage that comes with him I would go for Tevez

What's the point of even making this comparison? Seems very random.

And just to put my bit in, no Tevez is not and will never be in the same conversation as Aguero. One is a 10 year player at the club, with over 250 goals - the other was a flash in the pan.

That goal against Fulham is outrageous. The two touches in the box wow. What is 100% certain is he’s levels above Jesus as we know Aguero is. We had both Aguero and Tevez in same team which was amazing, I’d love us to have two top class strikers again.

No, however Tevez was a fucking great footballer. I forget just how good he was, he single handedly dragged us to wins in his prime.

I would love him in our team now

Different qualities - two great players. Carlos scored more spectacular goals. Sergio scored a fair number of spectacular goals as well and is the more prolific scorer of the two. Sergio is also the more loyal of them.

An aspect of Tevez's game that is often overlooked is the galvanizing effect his energy had on those around him. I cannot recall another player with such overall dynamism. Off the bench, he could raise the collective energy levels of his teammates by at least 10-15%, when you could actually get him off the bench, that is.

People are mixing up who is the better all round player vs who has done better for Man City.

Tevez is absolutely a better all round footballer than Serge. Whilst Serge has been the better player for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.