Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

BillyShears said:
Taconinja - I'm not convinced we can keep 4 top line strikers happy as the vast majority of top line strikers have top line egos. For that reason I think Eto'o would've ended up being bad for us long term. I think the right thing to do when replacing Carlos is to look at someone young, versatile, and who'll be happy to sit out big games. Personally I'd love to see us get Muniain (sp?) as I think he's class...
Well, at the time I wasn't sure that Balotelli or Dzeko were going to work out. I hoped they would and they had shown flashes of excellence, but it really wasn't certain at all at least for me.

There's actually someone sticking up for Tevez?! Fuck me do some people hate Mancini that much....

Blue Mooner said:
colourmeblue said:
Imo the price we bought Tevez for has caused most if not all of this furore. We bought him (and others) at an over inflated price due to the fact that we wanted quality players in a hurry and because other clubs knew of the funds we had at our disposal and took advantage. With hindsight, it seems that Tevez' price was reflected in our situation as much as his own ability.

Other clubs interested in Tevez dont find themselves in the unique situation that we were when we bought him ie. a club with the desire to fast track a team capable of breaking into the top echelons of the game while having the financial muscle to make it happen. How can we expect them to stump up a price that we artificially inflated ourselves?

Of course thats not ignoring how Tevez handled the situation but its almost as though everyone concerned have been caught in a catch 22 situation and Tevez cant or wont handle it with a modicum of maturity. It also seems that a lot of posturing and face saving exercises have taken place by all parties.

I agree we paid over inflated transfer fees for certain players however this cannot be said for Tevez.

Over inflated against what ? Carroll for £35 million, Ronaldo £80 million, Juan Veron £27 million 10 years ago. I'm sorry but Tevez is one of the top 10 strikers if not top 5 strikers in World football on football ability and what he brings to a team and he has performed more consistently and better than when he was at Man U.

Is Tevez half the player of Ronaldo ? I don't think so. Arsenal were ultimately 'forced' to sell Fabregas but still got £35 million.

City have had a history of paying top wack and selling cheaply (SWP aside) well those days are over. You either pay the going rate or the player isn't leaving.

However, this pans out (And I still hope a way back can be found) but the last thing we should do is sell the player cheaply otherwise Joorabchian has achieved exactly what he wanted.

Fair point and I dont necessarily disagree, however, my thoughts on Tevez have changed since he came to City, probably because he's at our club and I've had reason to examine his shenanigans a bit more closely. He doesnt strike me as the type that would join us to be part of a team that wants to win things. The words mercenary and twat come to mind. Along with that excuse for a human being who is supposed to represent him, I cant help but feel that no other team would have paid as much for him as we did at that time.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:22 pm --<br /><br />
Barcon said:
The reason I asked, is because you came across as one of those that say we paid 45m for him. I have no reason to believe we didn't pay the 25m that was suggested at the time, and therefore don't believe for one minute that we paid over the odds. We actually got him pretty damm cheap if you ask me.Sorry, I'm having a brain cramp re: quoting. directed at colourmeblue.

If in fact we did pay 25 mill I agree..I just have a feeling we paid more than other clubs might have at the time. I spose its all conjecture and nothing more than an opinion, one that might explain the merry go round of statements, backtracking and insubordinance that seems to be going on.

alky313 said:
AdamoTheGreat said:
i'm confused...training? isn't it the international break?

Not to be confused with holiday. Clubs release players to international squads. Anyone not called up should be training.

Despised by both club and country.

-- Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:26 am --

Matt the Giant said:
paulchapo said:
The club should now close the door on that repulsive agent/advisor of his and refuse to sign or deal with any players associated with him...and yes that includes De Jong!He should be told to get a new one or he will be sold at the first available opportunity.

This I fully agree with. And if we lost de Jong while getting rid of Kia, well so be it, he can be replaced. *cough* Javi Martinez *cough*

Martinez would be an immense signing. I believe the Kia/De Jong connection may be exaggerated though. I would still buy Martinez if the price is right.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 am --<br /><br />
Davs 19 said:
Can't think of anything more Pragmatic than terminating the weasels contract and suing him for his Market value transfer fee ( £40mil +) before he started his current round of dicking about. I accept that we'll only go this way if our legal people think it's nailed on a la Mutu/Chelsea but I sincerely hope we do.

That is not pragmatic. Chelsea still haven't seen their Mutu money.

BlueJill said:
alky313 said:
AdamoTheGreat said:
i'm confused...training? isn't it the international break?

Not to be confused with holiday. Clubs release players to international squads. Anyone not called up should be training.

Despised by both club and country.

-- Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:26 am --

Matt the Giant said:
paulchapo said:
The club should now close the door on that repulsive agent/advisor of his and refuse to sign or deal with any players associated with him...and yes that includes De Jong!He should be told to get a new one or he will be sold at the first available opportunity.[/quote

This I fully agree with. And if we lost de Jong while getting rid of Kia, well so be it, he can be replaced. *cough* Javi Martinez *cough*

Martinez would be an immense signing. I believe the Kia/De Jong connection may be exaggerated though. I would still buy Martinez if the price is right.

-- Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 am --

Davs 19 said:
Can't think of anything more Pragmatic than terminating the weasels contract and suing him for his Market value transfer fee ( £40mil +) before he started his current round of dicking about. I accept that we'll only go this way if our legal people think it's nailed on a la Mutu/Chelsea but I sincerely hope we do.

That is not pragmatic. Chelsea still haven't seen their Mutu money.

You need to read the whole thread. Whether we receive the cash or not, the sum awarded could be offset against outgoings for ffp purposes as the weasel would be a debtor of the club. :)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Not read all thirty odd pages, but as fans have we had the usual 'apology' from the player, which followed his non-refusal to get his arse off the bench in Munich?
In a word no which is why I hope his ticket to Argentina was one way.

Tevez turns over a new suspension
CARLOS Tevez has vowed to get back to being an utter tool for his club, it emerged last night
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/Tevez-turns-over-a-new-suspension-201111104525/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/spo ... 111104525/</a>

Daily Mash has best media summary on this

No club statement and hardly any further news coverage. He's not in the country and no-one seems to care??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.