Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

Tevez and Kia have got form for this at EVERY club he has played for, he has left EVERY club he ever played for on stinking terms with the owners/management/board - maybe not with the fans due to him "giving 110%" when he plays and saying how much he loves them. Just goes to prove most fans are gullible :D

This is all obviously choreographed to obtain the biggest reduction in player value so they can get a maximum signing on fee and wages at his next club.

They have a major problem with their tried and trusted technique with City. We are owned by one of the richest men in the world and can afford to sit on our heels and wait for a transfer fee which is to our valuation. As Kia/Tevez know this isn't going to happen due to virtually nobody willing to contemplate a £40m+ transfer fee AND huge wages the way around it is to reduce the transfer fee to get the huge wages.

All of this crap is designed to get down his transfer fee and they are getting desperate, he's 27 (28 in February) so he has this time (maybe one more) left he can pull this crap for two more paydays. They are upping the level of disruption to try and force City to part with him but they are now approaching (if they aren't already there) him being sacked for gross misconduct.

Personally, I think our owner would be willing to take a hit on his £40m valuation due to the way Tevez has acted. I don't think any other club, even Real or Barca, would be prepared to contemplate this! As someone said, if he gets sacked and we get a court order against him we may never see the money BUT he would be a debtor to the club so we could show £40m in the books and lose his wages.

I presume if we never get paid there is some accounting way of writing off the £40m so it appears on the books as a credit (not too sure on that, beancounters confuse me :p). In FFPR terms we would be neutral but the owner would have to take the loss personally :(

Icing on the cake for me would be to retain his registration so he can't play football again until he is 30 years old.

Blue Mooner said:
colourmeblue said:
Imo the price we bought Tevez for has caused most if not all of this furore. We bought him (and others) at an over inflated price due to the fact that we wanted quality players in a hurry and because other clubs knew of the funds we had at our disposal and took advantage. With hindsight, it seems that Tevez' price was reflected in our situation as much as his own ability.

Other clubs interested in Tevez dont find themselves in the unique situation that we were when we bought him ie. a club with the desire to fast track a team capable of breaking into the top echelons of the game while having the financial muscle to make it happen. How can we expect them to stump up a price that we artificially inflated ourselves?

Of course thats not ignoring how Tevez handled the situation but its almost as though everyone concerned have been caught in a catch 22 situation and Tevez cant or wont handle it with a modicum of maturity. It also seems that a lot of posturing and face saving exercises have taken place by all parties.

I agree we paid over inflated transfer fees for certain players however this cannot be said for Tevez.

Over inflated against what ? Carroll for £35 million, Ronaldo £80 million, Juan Veron £27 million 10 years ago. I'm sorry but Tevez is one of the top 10 strikers if not top 5 strikers in World football on football ability and what he brings to a team and he has performed more consistently and better than when he was at Man U.

Is Tevez half the player of Ronaldo ? I don't think so. Arsenal were ultimately 'forced' to sell Fabregas but still got £35 million.

City have had a history of paying top wack and selling cheaply (SWP aside) well those days are over. You either pay the going rate or the player isn't leaving.

However, this pans out (And I still hope a way back can be found) but the last thing we should do is sell the player cheaply otherwise Joorabchian has achieved exactly what he wanted.
Tevez isnt half the footballer Ronaldo is. But he's less than half the professional Ronaldo is and nowhere near close to the commercial tool. When you buy a footballer for huge money....you take into account things like age, attitude, potential and commercial draw....football is business. You cant separate Tevez the footballer and Tevez the person....its all one package.

So even though Tevez is world class footballer.....no sane club is going to spend huge fees on him as he's always caused trouble where he's been at and with Kia around him, its just madness to spend big on him. He wants to go back to South America....and no club over there can afford him.

The best thing City can do is get rid of this cancer in january and accept they will lose money, just take something like 15 million for him and move on. If this keep dragging on and on, his value will keep going down and this circus will keep going on. Also this stuff about suing him to get 40 million of him is just nonsense....its just never going to happen

Barcon said:
Check out the last ten pages of this one.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=239060&start=130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=239060&start=130</a>

Update, for accuracy.

Who the fuck is going to pay any money for an unfit, unmotivated, unstable, twat like Carlos?

My guess.....Corinthians in January. Nobody, and I mean, no decent European club - not Inter not Juventus, not anyone, is going to come and sign him, pay a transfer fee, and his wages, when he's going to be nowhere near ready to play regular football until the end of the European season at the earliest.

He's made a fucking mockery of our club in the last few months and honestly, money aside, I give not one fuck where he goes or how he gets there. Just so long as he's gone...

BillyShears said:
Who the fuck is going to pay any money for an unfit, unmotivated, unstable, twat like Carlos?

My guess.....Corinthians in January. Nobody, and I mean, no decent European club - not Inter not Juventus, not anyone, is going to come and sign him, pay a transfer fee, and his wages, when he's going to be nowhere near ready to play regular football until the end of the European season at the earliest.

He's made a fucking mockery of our club in the last few months and honestly, money aside, I give not one fuck where he goes or how he gets there. Just so long as he's gone...

+1

BillyShears said:

Maybe a loan would be a better option? Let him get himself fit and performing somewhere else to show potential suitors that he's not such a risky buy as they may think? Similar to Adebayor who had no future at our club but has shown that he can still do it elsewhere.

Latest snippet is interesting:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/11/manchester-city-carlos-tevez-hearing?CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... CMP=twt_gu</a>

Manchester City are waiting to discover whether Carlos Tevez will be back in England on Monday to attend his disciplinary hearing, with no guarantees forthcoming from the Argentinian as the club wound down for the weekend.

Tevez has been told to return to Manchester to explain why he flew to Buenos Aires this week without the club's permission but it remains unclear when, or if, he will fly back and the relationship between club and player is now so damaged City are not taking anything for granted.

The club have written to Tevez asking for an explanation, with duplicate emails going to the player's adviser, Kia Joorabchian, as well as one of his lawyers, written in English and Spanish to avoid the possibility that their former captain could cite language difficulties.

If Tevez was planning to reply, however, he has kept City waiting. The deadline was set at 5pm on Friday but a club spokesman confirmed shortly before that point they had not received anything. After the cut-off it is unclear what happens, with both sides making an agreement not to say anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.