Tevez efforts yesterday

Marvin said:
Twists and turns.

We're all being played and nothing is as it seems

Exactly, my friend. The reason(s) for Tevez returning has never been explained in a manner that I understand [as a commercial lawyer of many years practice]. I keep hearing clever theories but nothing is actually said that convinces me in any way. All I know is that it can only be the weird world of MCFC where Carlos puts in a good 7 minute shift whilst Balo has now become the devil incarnate to many [me included *sigh*].

Re: Re: Re: Tevez efforts yesterday

Danielmanc said:
johnmc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It's called desire. Aside from Kompany, I think, he was the only player who felt the need to try and prevent a goal.

People see what they want to.

Tevez drops a City scarf at the cup final, Mario fucks off back to Italy and ignores the FA Cup winning parade.

No difference in my eyes.

Right so you started this thread with the intention of making it a Tevez v Mario debate. And one plus point for Tevez is him running 80 yards and it showing his desire. Well sorry, but he will have to show more than that to prove his desire to wear our shirt than that.

He was our freshest player on the pitch so he should be doing that as a given. Don't know how it deserves special praise. Especially as its him who had no desire to wear our shirt and said he was happy we went out of Europe on stage in Argentina.

Tevez showed his desire when he went home to Argentina.

No, Tevez showed his arse because he couldn't get his own way, that's beyond debate.

But what has still been open to debate, is his mentality since he returned.

The passage of play I have cited, simply suggests he will put it in.

As he should, obviously.

To be fair Tolmie he did f**k all else in his time on the pitch.

I remarked at one point as he stood like a statue in/near the centre circle as an Arsenal attack went past him, and he didn't move at all.

So his overall efforts were not impressive, one effort was.

Lucky13 said:
We should have a thread about everyone of our Clubs professional footballers who runs , not forgetting Joe Hart when he catches the ball.

Joe catching the ball is evidence of his great desire. I mean, he could just lean on the goalpost and ignore the ball !

To suggest one run from the (mainly absent) Tevez is a sign of anything is overstated in my opinion.

cleavers said:

I remarked at one point as he stood like a statue in/near the centre circle as an Arsenal attack went past him, and he didn't move at all.

Yeah but if he'd been on all match, that could have been 13 or 14 'good efforts'. Have a word with yourself, mate.

I think Tolm is trying to show that Carlos is doing what he said he would do!! Work for the team etc! It should have been handled better after Munich and the obvious argument and standoff is between Carlos and mancini. If bobby leaves then maybe we see the old Carlos back? Fit and banging in goals???!

cleavers said:

To be fair but you are wrong! imo of course.

He was only on a few minutes but he won the free kick near the end to give us our last chance to score by recieving a ball under pressure,holding off a challenge and being fouled as he moved away. Something Aguero had failed to do consistently.

richards30 said:
I think Tolm is trying to show that Carlos is doing what he said he would do!! Work for the team etc! It should have been handled better after Munich and the obvious argument and standoff is between Carlos and mancini. If bobby leaves then maybe we see the old Carlos back? Fit and banging in goals???!

and banging in transfer requests ?

Lucky13 said:
We should have a thread about everyone of our Clubs professional footballers who runs , not forgetting Joe Hart when he catches the ball.
Irony is Balotelli would not of done it. Yet he starts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.