Tevez finally apologises

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Carlos said, “I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence. My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City Football Club.”

Jeez, his English has come on! Was he playing golf with an English tutor. Not many bother these days with 'whom'! Certainly not many Mancs!

a press release isnt good enough, i think he needs to make his apology in front the worlds press and tv camera`s and then let him warm his arse on the bench till the transfer window opens

monty silva said:
Bridges burnt for me....I would rather lose the league without him than win it with him.
‘Pride in Battle’ is our motto, we have no pride if he plays again, he has treated the club, players, owners, manager and especially the fans with utter contempt. That apology hasn’t even come from him so even with his apology he has disrespected us.
He needs to get on the pitch tonight and tell us face to face he is sorry in ENGLISH.
'Pride in Battle' is some silly fucking nonsense invented in the 90s. It doesn't define Manchester City in any meaningful shape or form and certainly shouldn't be used as a reason to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Make no mistake about it, Tevez is an absolute **** but anyone declaring that they'd rather lose the title without him than win it with him needs to take a very long look at their priorities as a MANCHESTER CITY supporter.

Dubai Blue said:
monty silva said:
Bridges burnt for me....I would rather lose the league without him than win it with him.
‘Pride in Battle’ is our motto, we have no pride if he plays again, he has treated the club, players, owners, manager and especially the fans with utter contempt. That apology hasn’t even come from him so even with his apology he has disrespected us.
He needs to get on the pitch tonight and tell us face to face he is sorry in ENGLISH.
'Pride in Battle' is some silly fucking nonsense invented in the 90s. It doesn't define Manchester City in any meaningful shape or form and certainly shouldn't be used as a reason to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Make no mistake about it, Tevez is an absolute **** but anyone declaring that they'd rather lose the title without him than win it with him needs to take a very long look at their priorities as a MANCHESTER CITY supporter.

piffle

monty silva said:

WTF.

monty silva said:

Bollocks.

retribution.jpg

Dubai Blue said:
monty silva said:

I dont understand why everyone assumes that we will lose the title without him. We are where we are without Tevez. How the hell is it guaranteed that Tevez will help in the title chase? Who is to say that he might not even hinder it? As was said in many newspaper reports by "sources close to city", Tevez is back because he has nowhere else to go, not because Manchester City suddenly thinks that Tevez is the final piece of the Title puzzle.

I for one never want to see him play, he is not going to be able to do anything that our present players cant.

If we're being honest, on purely footballing ability I'd rather have a half fit Tevez playing than a fully fit Dzeko. Alright he's been a twat but he can certainly help us win the league and then he can leave in the summer with hopefully us as champions and a £30 million price tag, that way everyone's a winner.

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Dubai Blue said:
Royaloak said:
The problem with this is that I’m struggling to see what the club has to gain.
What the club has to gain is the capability to avoid potential disaster should the unthinkable happen i.e., Balotelli continues being Balotelli and picks up another suspension, Dzeko continues to play like he currently is, and Aguero gets injured.

I'm as wary as you are about Tevez's return, but I can assure you that the people that really matter at City (i.e. Mancini, Platt, Kidd, Khaldoon etc) are even more wary, as they're the ones who've really been affected by his disgraceful behaviour. I assume he'll be kept away from the first team until he's reached full fitness, during which time they'll be able to assess his attitude a little more closely. We just have to trust them on this one.

Spot on Dubai Blue.

Personally I hope never again to see Tevez in a City Shirt but it's no-one's call but the Club Management team. I hope we can win the title without playing him but if means the difference between being champions or not then if he plays, he plays, as far as I'm concerned. Being us, though, I can just see him scoring the goal that wins us the league (Typical City !).

I'm not going to cheer him, but then again I'm not going to boo a Blue Shirt either.

I believe in Mancini, Platt, Kidd etc... I believe they will be wary.

Tevez has definitely worded his apology so as not to mention Mancini (burn in hell kia joorabchian).

We know only too well his loyalty is not to the club, so he is crawling back. Personally he should piss off.

They won't use him unless they have to. They should have him on TV apologising in English as someone mentioned earlier!

However, if Tevez has any major influence over winning the championship it'll feel a little tainted to me. My respect would only be regained by lots of apologising and showing loyalty to the club. Loyalty means years of professional service and the odd charitable act in the name of the club. Is he gonnna do that? Don't think so

Ragnarok said:
he is not going to be able to do anything that our present players cant.
He is if they're all injured/suspended, which is the only way I think a return to the first team is likely.

And no one has 'assumed that we will lose the title without him', but for some staggering reason known only to Monty Silva he'd actually rather we lose the title without Tevez than have him help push us over the finishing line if disaster strikes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.