Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

GStar said:
Eto'o - really not needed. Untested. Getting on.

Untested in what sense? Successful in every league he's played in and scored against the world's top clubs (English included) at the highest level (Champions League). 4-times Champions League winner.

Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli and Guidetti should keep us covered till january especially as RM prefers us to play one up top anyway - Maybe this explains why he is chasing 2 more midfielders and kept Guidetti on side. Sneidjer part ex for Tevez will be perfect for many reasons.

He's great for slooooower play, like in Serie A.

His next big transfer is going to be to the geriatrics department.

Reason said:

Yeah, because him being barely 30 means he's past it.

Drogba - 3 years older, still a quality player.
Van Nistlerooy - 5 years older, still a quality player.

Plus he isn't even close to slooooooow and succeeded in the faaaaaaaaaaaaster La Liga.

It's easy to make blanket statements, I find myself defending Eto'o a lot here when I shouldn't have to - anyone who still watches him can see how good he still is.

3 goals in 2 games against Spurs in last season's Champions League, by the way.

Drogba spent quite a while in the premiership. He is indeed unique.

The rest is, I'm afraid, bollocks. I am talking about Et'o, he's obviously past his due date. The only way is down, while it's quite different for the current City strikers.

I am not saying he's a bad striker, just that he's not as good as he used to be and cannot really be compared to Dzeko, Balo and Aguero. Their average age is, what, 23?

Eto'o is strong as an ox. Did you see him hold the ball up against Joleon?

From what I've seen of Inter, they need to buy rather than trade. Quite a few of their players look past it.

LoveCity said:
Reason said:

Yeah, because him being barely 30 means he's past it.

Drogba - 3 years older, still a quality player.
Van Nistlerooy - 5 years older, still a quality player.

Plus he isn't even close to slooooooow and succeeded in the faaaaaaaaaaaaster La Liga.

It's easy to make blanket statements, I find myself defending Eto'o a lot here when I shouldn't have to - anyone who still watches him can see how good he still is.

Yeah, I agree. I'm often surprised how some players' career highs are transient whereas some are more perpetual.

Someone said earlier that Eto'o> Aguero or Balo or Edin.

Hmmm..... This is true of his goal poaching ability, yes. However, Edin/Aguero/Balo/Eto'o are all completely different players though. Also, I believe that the City 3 will be world beaters in their respective areas of expertise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.