Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

BringBackSwales said:
richards30 said:
alera said:
A straight swap is just a terrible deal on paper. Eto is 30 and will have no resale value at all. Tevez is 27 on a long contract and potentially has twice as long in him ( although it is doubtful he will play that long)

Honestly I thought eto looked terrible when we played inter de Jong just completely took him out of the game.

I have real doubts he could adjust to the prem and become a success at his age.

If we want to sign him and get rid of tevez fine but I would be expecting at least 20 million and eto from inter for tevez given the players age, risk involved for us and complete lack of resale. Other wise we may as well keep tevez till January and flog to corinithians for 40 million plus addons.
maybe the club arent interested in re-sale value on certain players mate?!?!?! if eto`o fires us to the premier league title and even possibly the champions league in the next 3 years then he would have well and truely covered any fee and wages!!! i personally think in our team he would be a goal scoring machine!!!

exactly mate; the payback from getting a winner in who could help fire us to PL and CL glory is huge - never mind the prize and tv revenue, just look how many chelsea shirts you see around these days compared to say 10 years ago. Then think of the incease in global awareness with one of the best players ever playing for us, and someone who is still at the top of his game. Additionally we would probably get to write off the £13M that is allegedly outstanding on Mario, and the wages saved v incurred would offset each other. 3-4 years out of someone focused who wants to take us forward, rather than someone who is self obsessed and causes so much trouble - I know which I would prefer. It would be a win win win win situation for me. Finally so what if he turned us down a couple of years ago - he seriously thought about us, and despite what we think we are not one of the world's biggest names YET, but we will be with players like Aguero and Etoo (in my opinion)
great minds think alike eh bud? ;-)

Re: Re: Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Limmer said:
sbm said:
This thread highlights yet again the ignorance of many Tevez fans about his status in world football. He is currently 44th in the Castrol World Rankings. Having scored the same number of goals for Argentina as Aguero in twice the number of matches, he is at best the 3rd ranking of the Argentine strikers. He scored just 7 goals in 26 appearances for West Ham. Scoring 19 goals in 63 appearances for United, he was Ferguson's 3rd choice striker. From August 2009 to the end of November 2009, he scored just 2 premier league goals for City (both at home against West Ham).

From December 2009 to his transfer request in December 2010, he was, indeed, highly prolific. But it has to be noted that City's offensive strategy over that period was focused almost entirely on creating opportunities for him to score. He also did little to disguise his hostility towards the manager responsible for his most productive period ever.

Following the withdrawal of his transfer request, his goal contribution was nothing remarkable, though the desire to win the Golden Boot did bring out a special performance in the last match of the season. At the end of the day, he shared the Golden Boot with Berbatov, who did not take penalties and who would be ranked by most observers as United's 3rd best striker.

Way back in November 2009, Tevez talked to the Argentine media about retiring after the World Cup - yes, last summer. No doubt much to the consternation of Joorabchian, he has continued to talk about early retirement even with a transfer request on the table (this incidentally disproves the convenient fiction created by Tevez fans that Joorabchian is responsible for any and all of his aberrations).

The repeated assertion that, even if he is forced to stay at City, he will always give 100% is at best a half truth: he will give a 100% for himself. Conclusive proof that he sees other strikers as rivals was provided by the disgraceful way he froze out Edin Dzeko last season: he passed just half a dozen times in total to Edin in the Premier League games against Wolves, Birmingham, Manchester United, West Brom, Fulham and Liverpool (source: Guardian Chalkboard). (I know I have pointed this out a few times! But no Tevez fan has ever addressed it.)

Tevez is worth what other teams would pay for him. The idea that top clubs would be competing fiercely for Tevez this summer was always a delusion. But what is astonishing is that the penny has still not dropped with some Tevez fans. They are so blinkered that they want only that he stay, even though he himself is desperate to leave and even though his staying could seriously impact on the team spirit that has been evident since Vincent Kompany took over as captain.

In contrast, Samuel Eto'o has always been and still is a class act! Edin, Kun and Mario would all benefit from the experience of playing with him for two or three seasons. The whole squad would benefit from his experience at the highest levels.
I couldn't put it better. You just have to see how we played at the back end of last season and this pre season that we no longer rely on Tevez and there is a fluidity to our play without him that we can build on.

AT LAST! Someone talking a bit of sense. I've been saying all this for ages, but endured abuse for saying so.
We always looked a better 'team' without him. I never did understand the over-hyping of Tevez. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player, perhaps world class, but some City fans, and management, are lauding him as some sort of demi-god and that we can't possibly do without him. This was reflected in how the team performed when he was playing - it inhibited their play.

There are better players out there, and the 'team' are better off without him and we should have got rid last January! Talk of 50m+ is utterly ludicrous.......
And another thing, Eto'o is over the hill and a depreciating asset.

this apart from missing the work rate of tevez

HellasLEAF said:
I think Eto'o is a great player and would love him at City but I have to agree with those saying this is a bad business move. At least straight up.

I would assume he would come with Cash.
most reporta are saying it would mean the £13m we still owe inter for balo being wiped off mate.

avoidconfusion said:
alera said:
A straight swap is just a terrible deal on paper. Eto is 30 and will have no resale value at all. Tevez is 27 on a long contract and potentially has twice as long in him ( although it is doubtful he will play that long)

Honestly I thought eto looked terrible when we played inter de Jong just completely took him out of the game.

If we want to sign him and get rid of tevez fine but I would be expecting at least 20 million and eto from inter for tevez given the players age, risk involved for us and complete lack of resale. Other wise we may as well keep tevez till January and flog to corinithians for 40 million plus addons.

This, this, this. Straight swap would be an awful idea.

This. I'm not bothered about what Tevez has done at West Ham and the rags or who he doesn't get on with. If we are selling him, we have to look at his age, his goalscoring record in the two years with us and the fact that he's got 3 years left on his contract.

His value is higher than any Inter player who has been linked with us.

richards30 said:
HellasLEAF said:
I think Eto'o is a great player and would love him at City but I have to agree with those saying this is a bad business move. At least straight up.

most reporta are saying it would mean the £13m we still owe inter for balo being wiped off mate.

joke 30 year old worth 27 mil plus

imo if we did go for eto`o, at 30years old he`s only worth 10 to 15 mil tops

r.soleofsalford said:
richards30 said:
HellasLEAF said:

nah hes worth more than that mate!!! hes as fit as a fiddle and probably has 3-4 years at the very top left in him!! look at that prick giggs.....still going at 38?? plus eto`o wouldnt want to leave every transfer window!!!!

r.soleofsalford said:
richards30 said:
HellasLEAF said:

sorry mate, dont get the above, whats the value of a player who could win us the league this year and next year the chumps league.
priceless in my opinion.

BlueMark said:
This is clearly a possible transfer that is splitting opinion.

On one side we have those saying Tevez is younger, Eto'o will have no resale value, Eto'o isnt tested in the Prem Lge, why get rid of Tevez keep him til Jan then sell on..... etc etc

on the flip side Eto'o IS a world class striker, fit as a fiddle, sharp, quick, experienced in Champs Lge, plays down the middle and out wide, scored goals.

There is only one person's opinion on this that reraly counts and thats Mancini's.... if he wants the deal to take place then the board should do all they can to make it happen.

Personally I think its a deal that should be done and he is why

1. Tevez has made is perfectly clear that he wishes to move from the club (whatever reasons you choose to believe his desire to leave is unequivocal).

2. If he stayed until Jan his contract has less to run so his value in the market is less, plus he would probably be cuptied in the CL ruling out the majority of teams who could afford him. Not to mention if he did stay ok his performanc es on thepitch would be up to standard I believe however what about any unrest off the pitch !?

3. If the stories are true and we can do a swap and clear any remaining monies owed to Inter on Balo then it also makes financial sense to the club.

4. People have consistently said Tevez is 25.. he isnt !

5. Whilst we have improved our squad immeasurably in recent years we lack depth of CL experience. This is our first season in the competition and we will be wanting to go for it, not just get through the group stages but go as far as we can. We do need more CL experience in the squad, Eto'o possesses that.

6. Eto'o still has an incredible turn of pace and an eye for goal, look at our strikers, all excellent in different ways but are any of them 'goal poachers' ?

anyway, thats my personal take on things however as I said only Mancini's opinion REALLY matters.
Correct. Fortunately Mancini agrees with us that a deal should be done! :-)

kippax neil said:
avoidconfusion said:
alera said:

This, this, this. Straight swap would be an awful idea.

This. I'm not bothered about what Tevez has done at West Ham and the rags or who he doesn't get on with. If we are selling him, we have to look at his age, his goalscoring record in the two years with us and the fact that he's got 3 years left on his contract.

His value is higher than any Inter player who has been linked with us.

Mate, what are you using to quantify Tevez's value ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.