Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

Eto'o will be 30 this year and will leave for a big chunk of the season to play the African Cup of Nations. He'll expect a five year contract with a high wage.

We could get 40 million quid for Tevez in January and then reinvest that in someone young and hungry with his best years ahead of him. Neymar perhaps.

Disagree with Mancini on this one, IF it's true.

I expect at least one of Santa Cruz, Bellamy or Adebayor to be still with us when the window closes so i can understand the clubs position. We can no lnger stockpile players. Rocky is on big money, but can't get himself fit. Bellers and Ade don't seem likely to take a significant wage-cut to play somewhere else, so somewhere along the line Mancini is going to have to agree in giving someone a fresh start. Rocky gets stick from the fans, but has never been anything other than professional. I may be as mad as a march-hare, but i see him as our 4th striker ... cue abuse

Dobsy said:
Eto'o will be 30 this year and will leave for a big chunk of the season to play the African Cup of Nations. He'll expect a five year contract with a high wage.

We could get 40 million quid for Tevez in January and then reinvest that in someone young and hungry with his best years ahead of him. Neymar perhaps.

Disagree with Mancini on this one, IF it's true.

Yeah true, African Nations may actually help keep other players in the squad (Edin) happy.

If the deal was Eto'o plus 10-15 million, i'd be happy.

"When you play with top players, it brings you on. You probably learn more from just watching the players in training than you do from coaches sometimes." - Adam Johnson, today's Times.

I would rather have Diego Millito then.. Eto is good.. Very good to be frank and that is why we have an issue cuz he is too high profile and at 30 is still very good for a regular starting berth which to me is not fair to Dzeko nor Aguero!

We either need a young, up and coming or an old slightly washed up.. Ala what we did with Viera!!

Eto is on top of his game!!

How come whenever we get involved in transfers these days we always allow the other club to dictate. Look at the facts here we have one of the best Players in his position in the world signed up for the next 3 years. He is not a lazy B like say Ade who would just sulk, Tevez never ever gives less than 100%.
Now Inter are saying we can have Maicon or Eto'o and I bet they want a straight swop.
It is a bit like us phoning Athletico during Aguero negotiations and saying we were prepared to do a straight swop Ade for Aguero. They would have slammed the phone down.
We want £50 mil that is our stated position. Let Joorabchin work for his money this time. If Inter are serious then put a realistic valuation on Eto'o and Maicon and I think you would find if we took both they would still owe us money!

Don't like this. He's a pace based player who's pace will probably be going already, or certainly within a year or two. He'll have no resale value when that happens and he'll be on a very high salary. So he'll cost us an absolute fortune, in
Effect he's double his salary because of the fact that his asset value will plummet.

fairyfeet said:
I expect at least one of Santa Cruz, Bellamy or Adebayor to be still with us when the window closes so i can understand the clubs position. We can no lnger stockpile players. Rocky is on big money, but can't get himself fit. Bellers and Ade don't seem likely to take a significant wage-cut to play somewhere else, so somewhere along the line Mancini is going to have to agree in giving someone a fresh start. Rocky gets stick from the fans, but has never been anything other than professional. I may be as mad as a march-hare, but i see him as our 4th striker ... cue abuse

to be fair he is actually a good player, at least he was when last fit... shame really

Tricky one. Eto'o gives the squad the top level experience in the CL that Mancini was looking for but signing 30 y/o's looking for a payday is not what we are about these days. Drogba is still a force at 32 so age is not a barrier to performance but attitude is.

If I was the board I would needs some serious convincing. We do need to resolve the Tevez issue though.

Eto'o plus Maicon and wave the balance on Mario's fee then maybe...

Given Tevez's body type, his reluctance to continue playing football into his 30's and his apparent homesickness, added to his overall form since he handed in his transfer request, i'd bite Inter's hand off for Eto'o in a swap deal.

He's not going to play at the top european level into his 30's imo. He struggles to keep his weight in check now. His form (injuries have played a part) since the turn of the year hasn't been as good as it can be, and our best form (10 wins from our last 13 games) seems to correspond with him featuring a little bit less.

Eto'o on the other hand scored 37 goals last season and is very athletic. He seems like he has another 3 or 4 years where he will be very good. He'd be a great signing, under the circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.