Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

BobKowalski said:
Tricky one. Eto'o gives the squad the top level experience in the CL that Mancini was looking for but signing 30 y/o's looking for a payday is not what we are about these days. Drogba is still a force at 32 so age is not a barrier to performance but attitude is.

If I was the board I would needs some serious convincing. We do need to resolve the Tevez issue though.

Eto'o plus Maicon and wave the balance on Mario's fee then maybe...

can't see Inter giving us Eto'o Maicon AND wiping the remain cash for Mario

saying that some sort of deal maybe thrashed out if it turn out that this maybe the only way to move Tevez on.

nickson71 said:
BobKowalski said:
Tricky one. Eto'o gives the squad the top level experience in the CL that Mancini was looking for but signing 30 y/o's looking for a payday is not what we are about these days. Drogba is still a force at 32 so age is not a barrier to performance but attitude is.

If I was the board I would needs some serious convincing. We do need to resolve the Tevez issue though.

Eto'o plus Maicon and wave the balance on Mario's fee then maybe...

can't see Inter giving us Eto'o Maicon AND wiping the remain cash for Mario

saying that some sort of deal maybe thrashed out if it turn out that this maybe the only way to move Tevez on.

Neither can I as its a pretty good deal from a City viewpoint.

Personally I don't think Mancini wants Tevez back and would happily swap him for a handful of magic beans. City are more determined to get the best deal but with the manager (in my view) not wanting him and Tevez wanting out anyway it does undermine the club's position somewhat. Plus having Tevez drama queening round the place for another season is more than I can take to be honest.

richards30 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
richards30 said:
mate if eto`o fires us to premier league glory and maybe champions league glory the money will be irrelevant!!! he would have paid it back through prize money and merchandise 2-3 times over!! i just hope if we are going for it lets get it fookin done!!! i think it most be in the pipeline for carlos to be given extended leave??!?!?!

IF ????!!!!!!!
no guarantees mate but we havent signed him yet!!! he would give us one hell of a chance at it though!!! eto`o,silva,aguero,yaya and either nasri or sneijder in the same team would be frightening!!!

Sadly, the IF button wont let me make it any bigger - but you get the idea............For the record, I don't believe Eto'o is the missing link between us winning the Prem and not. Mancini's style isnt based on striker(s) scoring goals - he relies on three midfield players doing the job. Unless he changes to 4-4-2 with wingers, I dont see Eto'o fairing any better than Dzeko or Adebyor did.

ANY1aBLUE said:
richards30 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
IF ????!!!!!!!
no guarantees mate but we havent signed him yet!!! he would give us one hell of a chance at it though!!! eto`o,silva,aguero,yaya and either nasri or sneijder in the same team would be frightening!!!

Sadly, the IF button wont let me make it any bigger - but you get the idea............For the record, I don't believe Eto'o is the missing link between us winning the Prem and not. Mancini's style isnt based on striker(s) scoring goals - he relies on three midfield players doing the job. Unless he changes to 4-4-2 with wingers, I dont see Eto'o fairing any better than Dzeko or Adebyor did.

the stronger your strikers are the less you need to attack and umbalance the team.

Neville Kneville said:
Maicon would cost us a fortune in wages, for a position we have filled with two players better at defending than him & young players coming through.

Why on Earth would anyone sign him for City?
100 % correct, why would we want this oap ?

Happy Feet said:
Neville Kneville said:
Maicon would cost us a fortune in wages, for a position we have filled with two players better at defending than him & young players coming through.

Why on Earth would anyone sign him for City?
100 % correct, why would we want this oap ?

Hes 30 FFS how is that an OAP?!

Look at the formation Mancini is trying to build.... he wants full backs who can get forward, hence the signings of GC and Kolerov. I rate both Richards and Zab, but think Maicon would be a great signing. Looking at his stats on Wiki, he got 8 assists last season, and 11 the season before. Granted, what we have at the moment offers use greater qualities in defence, but we dont come up against great wingers week in week out, and Nige is always there in the holding roll to cover full backs getting forward

Mancio said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
richards30 said:

the stronger your strikers are the less you need to attack and umbalance the team.

That's a fair point.

The guys on this Inter forum have a VERY different opinion on this to us: <a class="postlink" href="http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?9013-Carlos-Alberto-T%E9vez/page56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forzainterforums.com/showthread. ... vez/page56</a>

They reckon they will get Tevez on loan for next to nothing and Eto'o is going nowhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.