Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

ANY1aBLUE said:
richards30 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Im not saying Eto'o isn't a very good player - he is,at the moment, but....................he's a depreciating asset.

If we swap for Tevez I think that's an asset exchange of 40m. In two years time, Tevez will probably still be worth that, or at the least 30m. At that time Eto'o will be passed his best and a value of around 20m max- prob more like 15m. Coupled with the fact that, yet again no one will match his silly wages, we will be lumbered with yet another millstone.
So, swapping for Eto'o isnt good business. Food for thought if you've got back from your personal abuse sessions.
mate if eto`o fires us to premier league glory and maybe champions league glory the money will be irrelevant!!! he would have paid it back through prize money and merchandise 2-3 times over!! i just hope if we are going for it lets get it fookin done!!! i think it most be in the pipeline for carlos to be given extended leave??!?!?!

IF ????!!!!!!!
no guarantees mate but we havent signed him yet!!! he would give us one hell of a chance at it though!!! eto`o,silva,aguero,yaya and either nasri or sneijder in the same team would be frightening!!!

richards30 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Im not saying Eto'o isn't a very good player - he is,at the moment, but....................he's a depreciating asset.

If we swap for Tevez I think that's an asset exchange of 40m. In two years time, Tevez will probably still be worth that, or at the least 30m. At that time Eto'o will be passed his best and a value of around 20m max- prob more like 15m. Coupled with the fact that, yet again no one will match his silly wages, we will be lumbered with yet another millstone.
So, swapping for Eto'o isnt good business. Food for thought if you've got back from your personal abuse sessions.
mate if eto`o fires us to premier league glory and maybe champions league glory the money will be irrelevant!!! he would have paid it back through prize money and merchandise 2-3 times over!! i just hope if we are going for it lets get it fookin done!!! i think it most be in the pipeline for carlos to be given extended leave??!?!?!

Was gonna post sommat similar,so thanks...

jjeangi said:
Scary

---------Kompany-----Lescott-------------
Richards-----------------------Gael Clichy
------------De Jong-----Yaya------------
--------------------Silva--------------------
-Eto'o-------------Dzeko------------Aguero

Errr playing without a keeper? Scary indeed ;O)

fairyfeet said:
jjeangi said:
Scary

---------Kompany-----Lescott-------------
Richards-----------------------Gael Clichy
------------De Jong-----Yaya------------
--------------------Silva--------------------
-Eto'o-------------Dzeko------------Aguero

Errr playing without a keeper? Scary indeed ;O)

with that team mate...we wont need a keeper. ;)

With Eto'o in our team, we'd be able to challenge for the Champions League trophy this year. I might well be called negative but at the moment I believe we have no real chance there, we need to grow and get one season in it under our belt etc - so quarter-finals at very best. But that's the difference Eto'o can make, he's that much of a winner, that much of an inspiration. As many have pointed out, he's a big part of what tipped the balance for Inter. All that Champions League experience, he's won the thing twice, and played in the final stages god knows how many seasons.

southern muppet said:
With Eto'o in our team, we'd be able to challenge for the Champions League trophy this year. I might well be called negative but at the moment I believe we have no real chance there, we need to grow and get one season in it under our belt etc - so quarter-finals at very best. But that's the difference Eto'o can make, he's that much of a winner, that much of an inspiration. As many have pointed out, he's a big part of what tipped the balance for Inter. All that Champions League experience, he's won the thing twice, and played in the final stages god knows how many seasons.
even for his experience in the competition mate would be vital!!!! and his talent and fitness to it he would be an incredible addition to our squad!!

southern muppet said:

I think the team we have now is good enough to go a long way in the Champions league and as you say with the addition of Sam we could go all the way..just beacause we havent been in the competition doesnt mean that we wont be good in it.. Look at Spuds last year and how well they did,our squad is stronger than theirs so who knows... If we play say chelsea in the prem one week and then play them a week later in the CL, is the CL game any more difficult..?? of course not its just as difficult. Its the name of the Competition that strikes fear into teams rather than the teams in it...The scum do well in it year in year out yet last time we played them we won..
lets not forget just how strong we are..Its the others who need to worry..

Surely the need for four strikers is obvious.

Just look to Sunday, Dzeko and Ballotelli in the team, Aguero has a stomach bug = no striker on the bench, not an established one anyway.

samharris said:
southern muppet said:

I think the team we have now is good enough to go a long way in the Champions league and as you say with the addition of Sam we could go all the way..just beacause we havent been in the competition doesnt mean that we wont be good in it.. Look at Spuds last year and how well they did,our squad is stronger than theirs so who knows... If we play say chelsea in the prem one week and then play them a week later in the CL, is the CL game any more difficult..?? of course not its just as difficult. Its the name of the Competition that strikes fear into teams rather than the teams in it...The scum do well in it year in year out yet last time we played them we won..
lets not forget just how strong we are..Its the others who need to worry..
add to the fact as well that we will have gelled alot more now and clichy sees to have really settled in well and from the videos the lads seem to like him it bolds very well for better understanding on the field.having vinny as captain i think will make the team stronger as well as they all seem to look up to vinny and respect him!!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:46 am --<br /><br />
Hulkster said:

Just look to Sunday, Dzeko and Ballotelli in the team, Aguero has a stomach bug = no striker on the bench, not an established one anyway.
aguero will make it mate!!! even if its just the bench he`ll be there.

Hulkster said:

Aguero has a stomach bug ??..shouldnt have eaten that "welcome to Manchester" cake that sir Alcex sent him then ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.