Tevez [Merged]

This deal is all about whether you think the glass is half empty or half full

For those who think half empty, with the latest rumours surfacing that he wants to be highest paid player at rags in theory it could be he has used us all along simply to get the rags

a) To stump up the money in full to his friend and owner Kia Ora (MSI) - which they have done

b) To get them to match the wages on offer at City (latest rumours)

c) By being the highest paid earner at rags that in some way will make baconface play him every week thereby fulfilling his wish and ensuring his place in Argentinian squad (if) they qualify for world cup.

All in all this delay in signing him means he will stay a rag.

Alternatively if the glass is half full,

a) Baconface won't give a toss what he earns if he says he is on the bench for tactical reasons (however wrong) that is where he will be.

b) Cant see the rags wanting to pay him top dollar when he has moaned like fuck at not playing, when the rags are targetting other players to replace trannie who they may need to pay top dollar to attract the the swamp.

c) Tevez could have ended all this speculation about his future with rags ages ago, Tevez himself said it isn't about money, not about CL it is all about playing, seems to have been a U turn there.

If you believe that then the longer this goes on the less likely he is to join the swamp.

Unless Tevez is using the wage as a way out... He knows the rags wont pay him top wage so it's an easy walk out for him. "They wouldnt pay me my worth but City were willing too".

jackschollar said:
odds are very much in our favour with skybet at 1/3 on!! conclusion of this saga must be soon!!
No, not really. I'm sure we were 1/7 to sign him about a week ago. Odds just reflect betting patterns. And people bet based on what they've read in the papers. It doesn't mean it's a done deal.

I'm sure I read that Fergie is not back from his hols until the middle of next week so it would not surprise me to see this saga continue until then at least. One or two have mentioned they expect announcements about Tevez today but I think that's wide of the mark. RSC maybe but not Tevez nor Eto'o for that matter.

just a little hunch but i just think everyones got us at 8/11's and for some reason we've gone from 4/6 to 1/3 think skybet might have inside knowledge with their connections with skysports......maybe completely wrong. It looks positive as we started the week at 1/3 all the talks are done and we are ending it with the same odds....wouldnt of thought for the world that we'd of ended on them odds the way people were biggin up chelsea and utd......but theyre only odds

I hate seeing this situation dragging on but the longer it goes on the more likely I think Tevez is leaving the rags. If he really did want to stay there he would have done a deal by now. I'm not talking transfer deal, I'm talking wages (I think it's clear that Joorabchian has deals with clubs in place for the transfer). And if the rags believed they were in the driving seat or close to a deal, I am sure they would be leaking that info to the press...but so far I haven't seen any press coverage saying Tevez is staying.

Also, Tevez will know what City are willing to pay and if the reports are right re around the £140k a week mark, that will apparently make him the top earner at the rags by £30k a week. I cannot see Ferguson/ the rags wanting to break their wage structure for a player that is not guaranteed first team football. If they did, they'd have a whole load of players coming in to renegotiate their contracts just at a time when the rags have financial issues and a wage bill that is already running away with itself.

According to reports, Liverpool are out of the equation...personally, I never thought they were seriously in the equation...they have limited transfer funds available, financial issues of their own and cannot match the wages that City can offer.

And the last one is Chelsea. I'm not sure they can compete on the wage front or guaranteed football front but they are an attractive proposition nontheless. Mind you, Tevez seems settled in the North West with his family etc.

And the reason for the delay? Couldn't it just be that Tevez is weighing up all his options? If I was in the unique position of having several employers willing to offer me a job, all offering slightly different prospects, wages and places to live I'd want to weigh up all the possibilities, talk to them all, do a bit of haggling here and there before making my decision.

Before anyone asks, I have absolutely no up to date info and the last I heard from a journo pal with a few connections at City was that they didn't expect any signings until at least early next week and they didn't know if this would be Lescott, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Eto'o or the new tea lady!

Rammyblues said:
This deal is all about whether you think the glass is half empty or half full

For those who think half empty, with the latest rumours surfacing that he wants to be highest paid player at rags in theory it could be he has used us all along simply to get the rags

a) To stump up the money in full to his friend and owner Kia Ora (MSI) - which they have done

b) To get them to match the wages on offer at City (latest rumours)

c) By being the highest paid earner at rags that in some way will make baconface play him every week thereby fulfilling his wish and ensuring his place in Argentinian squad (if) they qualify for world cup.

All in all this delay in signing him means he will stay a rag.

Alternatively if the glass is half full,

a) Baconface won't give a toss what he earns if he says he is on the bench for tactical reasons (however wrong) that is where he will be.

b) Cant see the rags wanting to pay him top dollar when he has moaned like fuck at not playing, when the rags are targetting other players to replace trannie who they may need to pay top dollar to attract the the swamp.

c) Tevez could have ended all this speculation about his future with rags ages ago, Tevez himself said it isn't about money, not about CL it is all about playing, seems to have been a U turn there.

If you believe that then the longer this goes on the less likely he is to join the swamp.

Agreed. Plus:

If he stays at the rags then Manchester City and Tevez are dictating ManUre's transfer policy and wage structure. Baconface will never stand for that. He's been very good over the years at being unbowed in the face of 'player power'.

I'd guess no news today or over the weekend though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.