Tevez [Merged]

not my fault! said:
Do you really believe Eto'o is a serious option for City?

I do in fairness, think it's for money reasons but yeh I dont see why not. He's 28 and only has a year of his contract left.

Latest odd for Tevez and Eto'o:
http://www.oddschecker.com/football...ez-specials/club-after-summer-transfer-window
http://www.oddschecker.com/football...-o-specials/club-after-summer-transfer-window

To be fair the bookies are what I'm tending to go off at the moment (not these so called itks) bookies dont often get stuff spectacularly wrong

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I hate seeing this situation dragging on but the longer it goes on the more likely I think Tevez is leaving the rags. If he really did want to stay there he would have done a deal by now. I'm not talking transfer deal, I'm talking wages (I think it's clear that Joorabchian has deals with clubs in place for the transfer). And if the rags believed they were in the driving seat or close to a deal, I am sure they would be leaking that info to the press...but so far I haven't seen any press coverage saying Tevez is staying.

Also, Tevez will know what City are willing to pay and if the reports are right re around the £140k a week mark, that will apparently make him the top earner at the rags by £30k a week. I cannot see Ferguson/ the rags wanting to break their wage structure for a player that is not guaranteed first team football. If they did, they'd have a whole load of players coming in to renegotiate their contracts just at a time when the rags have financial issues and a wage bill that is already running away with itself.

According to reports, Liverpool are out of the equation...personally, I never thought they were seriously in the equation...they have limited transfer funds available, financial issues of their own and cannot match the wages that City can offer.

And the last one is Chelsea. I'm not sure they can compete on the wage front or guaranteed football front but they are an attractive proposition nontheless. Mind you, Tevez seems settled in the North West with his family etc.

And the reason for the delay? Couldn't it just be that Tevez is weighing up all his options? If I was in the unique position of having several employers willing to offer me a job, all offering slightly different prospects, wages and places to live I'd want to weigh up all the possibilities, talk to them all, do a bit of haggling here and there before making my decision.

Before anyone asks, I have absolutely no up to date info and the last I heard from a journo pal with a few connections at City was that they didn't expect any signings until at least early next week and they didn't know if this would be Lescott, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Eto'o or the new tea lady!

So it's unlikely that the club will be making any statement today regards Tevez/Eto'o/Cruz which Tolmies Hairdo was quite clear on? Another ITK consigned to the dustbin?

i no i keep bangin on bout odds but utd are now 7's with chelsea at 4's on skybet other bookies av got em at 2' and 3's........skybet must no summat......or they might be just trying to tempt punters to bet on chelsea and utd again, maybe?

ive got to say tho in the light of all this i'm really impressed in the way that city are conducting themselves behind the scenes, the management are very tight lipped and total professionals...credit to cooky monster.....the way the club should be, no chairmens shouting the odds just utter pro's...well done

bluemoon32 said:
squirtyflower said:
bluemoon32 said:
I love your positive outlook boys, great to see..........better than my usual City pessimism that's for sure.

Regardless of whether we get Tevez or not we should feel more optimistic. We are the richest club in the world with owners who have BIG long term plans, and with a team much stronger than this time last year.

I know and you're correct but having followed City for nigh on 40 years now then sometimes it's difficult to rid myself of the 'typical City' thoughts.
At least my children will grow up supporting a successful side & will hopefully have a better time of it than us older blues.

If this is genuinely true then I apologise unreservedly for swearing etc & calling you a rag. I got the wrong end of the stick due to the nature of some your earlier posts. I'm very sorry.

CityPar said:
I hate seeing this situation dragging on but the longer it goes on the more likely I think Tevez is leaving the rags. If he really did want to stay there he would have done a deal by now. I'm not talking transfer deal, I'm talking wages (I think it's clear that Joorabchian has deals with clubs in place for the transfer). And if the rags believed they were in the driving seat or close to a deal, I am sure they would be leaking that info to the press...but so far I haven't seen any press coverage saying Tevez is staying.

Also, Tevez will know what City are willing to pay and if the reports are right re around the £140k a week mark, that will apparently make him the top earner at the rags by £30k a week. I cannot see Ferguson/ the rags wanting to break their wage structure for a player that is not guaranteed first team football. If they did, they'd have a whole load of players coming in to renegotiate their contracts just at a time when the rags have financial issues and a wage bill that is already running away with itself.

According to reports, Liverpool are out of the equation...personally, I never thought they were seriously in the equation...they have limited transfer funds available, financial issues of their own and cannot match the wages that City can offer.

And the last one is Chelsea. I'm not sure they can compete on the wage front or guaranteed football front but they are an attractive proposition nontheless. Mind you, Tevez seems settled in the North West with his family etc.

And the reason for the delay? Couldn't it just be that Tevez is weighing up all his options? If I was in the unique position of having several employers willing to offer me a job, all offering slightly different prospects, wages and places to live I'd want to weigh up all the possibilities, talk to them all, do a bit of haggling here and there before making my decision.

Before anyone asks, I have absolutely no up to date info and the last I heard from a journo pal with a few connections at City was that they didn't expect any signings until at least early next week and they didn't know if this would be Lescott, Santa Cruz, Tevez, Eto'o or the new tea lady!

So it's unlikely that the club will be making any statement today regards Tevez/Eto'o/Cruz which Tolmies Hairdo was quite clear on? Another ITK consigned to the dustbin?
:( i hate waiting as each day goes past, i have wasted the last week spending all day on this forum waiting for something to break...it never does...it just never does...:'(

CityPar said:

Just my journo p0al's opinion, they could be wrong but they don't expect anything to come out of the club until next week.

jackschollar said:
i no i keep bangin on bout odds but utd are now 7's with chelsea at 4's on skybet other bookies av got em at 2' and 3's........skybet must no summat......or they might be just trying to tempt punters to bet on chelsea and utd again, maybe?

ive got to say tho in the light of all this i'm really impressed in the way that city are conducting themselves behind the scenes, the management are very tight lipped and total professionals...credit to cooky monster.....the way the club should be, no chairmens shouting the odds just utter pro's...well done

Nothing in it Jack. More money on a horse in a race brings the price in as the bookies risk increases and drifts out if there is no money for it to try and attract some money. They are trying to spread the money across all the horses and therefore spread their risk. Same here. They obviously have too much money on City and have therefore cut the odds to try and put off more potential City backers. This automatically means that the others drift out in price and hopefully attracts some more bets to even up their risk. When the bookies genuinely know summat or fear that the punters do as a sea of money pours in then they close the books sharpish like they did with Barry.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba</a> ... l?ITO=1490

i dont understand, according to that we have signed RSC, why are we buying tevez and eto'o for 60 million and RSC for 15?... surely we are about to offload, chad, sturridge, caeciedo, benjani and more for these to fit in.

Neville Kneville said:
bluemoon32 said:
squirtyflower said:
bluemoon32 said:
I love your positive outlook boys, great to see..........better than my usual City pessimism that's for sure.

Regardless of whether we get Tevez or not we should feel more optimistic. We are the richest club in the world with owners who have BIG long term plans, and with a team much stronger than this time last year.

I know and you're correct but having followed City for nigh on 40 years now then sometimes it's difficult to rid myself of the 'typical City' thoughts.
At least my children will grow up supporting a successful side & will hopefully have a better time of it than us older blues.

If this is genuinely true then I apologise unreservedly for swearing etc & calling you a rag. I got the wrong end of the stick due to the nature of some your earlier posts. I'm very sorry.

F**k me are bluemooners being nice to each other now? It must be something in the air (like the fact we could be about to land Eto'o and Tevez!)

I'm just going to stay cool - the management seem to be handling this all impeccably, we've just got to sit back and wait for them to sign. If we get the two strikers I've previously mention then the likes of Lescott etc will be queuing up to sign for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.