Tevez [Merged]

svennis pennis said:
bookiesgirl said:
few interesting snippets in todays men,reports that the player has signed are wide of the mark,also it says tevez is due to reveal his destiny next week while city gears up for a major announcement,does say they should get tevez though barring any last minute hitches.

link?

All i can see is that Chelsea are reported to have dropped out.
it is in the inside of the men,have it delivered in a morning dont think it is on website yet.what do you think the major announcement is?

bookiesgirl said:
svennis pennis said:
bookiesgirl said:
few interesting snippets in todays men,reports that the player has signed are wide of the mark,also it says tevez is due to reveal his destiny next week while city gears up for a major announcement,does say they should get tevez though barring any last minute hitches.

link?

it is in the inside of the men,have it delivered in a morning dont think it is on website yet.what do you think the major announcement is?

Pigeonho is dead - saw him under a bridge in Crumpsall

GaudinoMotors said:
bookiesgirl said:
svennis pennis said:
bookiesgirl said:

link?

Pigeonho is dead - saw him under a bridge in Crumpsall
hahahaha

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1122051_city_to_beat_big_guns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... t_big_guns</a>

City to beat big guns
Stuart Brennan

June 23, 2009

CITY had the odds stacked against them.

Taking on Champions League big guns United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Inter Milan, in a bold bid to sign Argentina international Carlos Tevez, few gave them a prayer.

Twelve months ago, it would have been unthinkable. Even 12 weeks ago, few would have put money on the Blues pulling it off, for all their new-found wealth, as it had not yet been matched by success on the field.

And yet, with Tevez due to reveal his destiny next week - and City also gearing up for a major announcement - the Blues are now strong favourites to land Tevez.

Reports that the player has already signed are wide of the mark but, barring any late hitches, it appears City will fight off their last remaining rival Chelsea.

A weekend radio interview with Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian, the man who also owns economic rights to the player, offered some major clues about Tevez's mind-set.

And the conclusion, unless Joorabchian is playing an elaborate game, would seem to point the £25.5m striker in the direction of Eastlands.

Here, M.E.N. Sport analyses the key parts of that Talksport interview and give our own football-style verdict on how the Blues appear to be in front as the game goes into injury time.

Q How happy is Carlos Tevez today or is he a little bit sad that it's come to an end at Manchester United?

KJ I think Carlos is not happy - he's a little bit sad. He has had two years at the club, two great years and they have won two Premier League titles, one Champions League title, and one Carling Cup in his time. And he is quite sad that in two years there was not one...

Q He felt unloved?

KJ Well, they didn't really give him any offers for two years. Over the duration of two years there was a lot of talk about signing him but we never actually got to the point of receiving any offers for him at all.

Q It sounds like the offer Manchester United have made him was too little, too late. Is that fair to say?

KJ The offer from United was a very good offer. It came about ten days ago and was for the loan price of £9m plus the final option price of £25.5m and they made him a good contract. But Carlos needed time and I want to make it very, very clear that we never, ever at any time asked them for more money, at any point in the last two years. Even after they made their offer we never, ever asked them for more money. We never spoke about that. Carlos just felt that over the last two years they hadn't made the offer to sign him, he needed a little bit of time and they were under a bit of a time restraint with the situation that was going on, and we couldn't get there in time.

M.E.N. VERDICT: RED CARD FOR UNITED

Q Is he going to stay in the Premier League?

KJ He has made that really clear, that he does want to stay in the Premier League.

M.E.N. VERDICT: RED CARDS FOR MADRID AND INTER

Q Has he got a favourite club that he'd like to go to? Would he like to stay in the north west at the moment?

KJ Carlos, as you have seen throughout his career, loves to go to clubs that fight for things.

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 1 CITY 0

Clubs that have a history, grass roots types of clubs. He was at Boca Juniors which is a very grass roots type of club, then at Corinthians which was an underdog in everything they did - they were bottom of the table when he joined them and he won the premier league with them. He loved the fight.

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 1 CITY 1

He went to West Ham, and when he had the opportunity to leave in January he didn't want to - he had a great love for their fans and a great connection with the club and wanted to make sure it survived. I think now he will make his decision based on the club he feels has a deep history, have ambitions to win titles, to move forward, and that he can be part of that ambition.

Q Give us a clue - is that Liverpool back on the table, or Chelsea, or Manchester City? Are we too far away …

KJ To be fair we ruled Liverpool out because Carlos doesn't want to go to Liverpool due to the competitive nature of Man United and Liverpool. He has a lot of respect and a lot of love for the fans of United, and think he would rule Liverpool out as their greatest competitor.

M.E.N. VERDICT: RED CARD FOR LIVERPOOL

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 2 CITY 1

Q What about Manchester City then, would he rule out United's city rivals?

KJ City and Chelsea would be the two clubs on the table. City have obviously been in contact with us - I have spoken to Garry (Cook) and Mark (Hughes) on several occasions. We haven't talked to them about contracts, or to Chelsea either about that, because we have respected the fact that Carlos is a Manchester United player and always wanted to respect that point.

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 2 CITY 2

Now we will see which will be the best option, the club with the biggest ambition, the club with the real passion to do something different in the Premier League.

Q Would he mind, then, missing out on Champions League football for a season if he fancied joining up with the likes of Robinho? If he thought `I'll give the Champions League a miss knowing I have a lot more to give in this Premier League over the next few seasons'?

KJ Without getting into the point of whether he will go to Chelsea or City or wherever, the issue is that Carlos wants to go to a club that has real ambition, a club which is showing intent, which he can help achieve great things. In a club like City, they have definitely shown a lot of ambition in the players they have brought in over the last year or so. They are bringing in better players. A club like Chelsea is also showing a lot of ambition - they want to win the Champions League.

Both of them have that ambition but what is important is that Carlos is very happy in England. He is extremely settled and his family is in a very good shape here - they love the country. He wants to stay here - with the two European clubs that have come to him, he hasn't totally disregarded the option but he has put it down his pecking order.

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 2 CITY 3

Q I know Carlos is in Argentina having a well-earned rest at the moment, but when will you be in a position to make a decision? What will it be based on? What's the next step?

KJ We told Man United the same thing (on Friday), that Carlos is not willing to make a decision now. He has been two years on a loan deal and would like to have a little bit of time to digest all the offers and think about his future because he is thinking about his future for the next five years.

This is purely and utterly Carlos Tevez's decision, no-one else makes it for him, not myself or his agents. It is for the next five years for his family, so he needs time to think about that. He needs to be making that decision to go to the best club, he thinks, for him and his future in the Premier League.

Q Does he think maybe his face didn't fit at Old Trafford? He made 18 starts this season and 31 the season before for United - there is obviously a little bit of a difference and a difference in the manager's thinking.

KJ I don't think it's correct to say his face doesn't fit. He was very much a part of the Man United team for the last two years, but clearly in the last year he has been very disappointed and he has been even more disappointed that it had to come to the fact that the loan deal had finished … if Wayne Rooney's contract or Cristiano Ronaldo's contract had been finishing, six months before, would they have offered a better deal to them at that time?

Would they have tried to secure their services a bit sooner, or shall we wait until Cristiano has gone and then try to secure him? He has that feeling that maybe he wasn't the most wanted person at United. Rightly or wrongly, that's how he feels. Personally I feel United made a fantastic contribution to try to secure him with a last-ditch offer, but it was maybe a little bit too late.

Do you think Tevez is on his way to City? Have your say

bookiesgirl said:
svennis pennis said:
bookiesgirl said:

link?

^^^^^^^^

Interesting Paddy Power were 4/9 yesterday with sky bet 1/7 nothing this morning from PP SO THOSE ENOUGH TO AVAIL OURSELVES AGAIN AT 4/9 looks a good bet ,i feel a bit sorry for those who bet Tevez as next signing, i thought the 8/11 at any time was a cracking bet ,
So the point is hurry up Carlos and sign and let me get the bank balance up need those 2 new shirts

GaudinoMotors said:
I suppose it`s already been posted that Kia was at COMS ysterday?

(If so - I await news of the Titanic)

is some one telling porkies? please tell me its true

bobmcfc said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1122051_city_to_beat_big_guns

City to beat big guns
Stuart Brennan

June 23, 2009

CITY had the odds stacked against them.

Taking on Champions League big guns United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Inter Milan, in a bold bid to sign Argentina international Carlos Tevez, few gave them a prayer.

Twelve months ago, it would have been unthinkable. Even 12 weeks ago, few would have put money on the Blues pulling it off, for all their new-found wealth, as it had not yet been matched by success on the field.

And yet, with Tevez due to reveal his destiny next week - and City also gearing up for a major announcement - the Blues are now strong favourites to land Tevez.

Reports that the player has already signed are wide of the mark but, barring any late hitches, it appears City will fight off their last remaining rival Chelsea.

A weekend radio interview with Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian, the man who also owns economic rights to the player, offered some major clues about Tevez's mind-set.

And the conclusion, unless Joorabchian is playing an elaborate game, would seem to point the £25.5m striker in the direction of Eastlands.

Here, M.E.N. Sport analyses the key parts of that Talksport interview and give our own football-style verdict on how the Blues appear to be in front as the game goes into injury time.

Q How happy is Carlos Tevez today or is he a little bit sad that it's come to an end at Manchester United?

KJ I think Carlos is not happy - he's a little bit sad. He has had two years at the club, two great years and they have won two Premier League titles, one Champions League title, and one Carling Cup in his time. And he is quite sad that in two years there was not one...

Q He felt unloved?

KJ Well, they didn't really give him any offers for two years. Over the duration of two years there was a lot of talk about signing him but we never actually got to the point of receiving any offers for him at all.

Q It sounds like the offer Manchester United have made him was too little, too late. Is that fair to say?

KJ The offer from United was a very good offer. It came about ten days ago and was for the loan price of £9m plus the final option price of £25.5m and they made him a good contract. But Carlos needed time and I want to make it very, very clear that we never, ever at any time asked them for more money, at any point in the last two years. Even after they made their offer we never, ever asked them for more money. We never spoke about that. Carlos just felt that over the last two years they hadn't made the offer to sign him, he needed a little bit of time and they were under a bit of a time restraint with the situation that was going on, and we couldn't get there in time.

M.E.N. VERDICT: RED CARD FOR UNITED

Q Is he going to stay in the Premier League?

KJ He has made that really clear, that he does want to stay in the Premier League.

M.E.N. VERDICT: RED CARDS FOR MADRID AND INTER

Q Has he got a favourite club that he'd like to go to? Would he like to stay in the north west at the moment?

KJ Carlos, as you have seen throughout his career, loves to go to clubs that fight for things.

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 1 CITY 0

Clubs that have a history, grass roots types of clubs. He was at Boca Juniors which is a very grass roots type of club, then at Corinthians which was an underdog in everything they did - they were bottom of the table when he joined them and he won the premier league with them. He loved the fight.

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 1 CITY 1

He went to West Ham, and when he had the opportunity to leave in January he didn't want to - he had a great love for their fans and a great connection with the club and wanted to make sure it survived. I think now he will make his decision based on the club he feels has a deep history, have ambitions to win titles, to move forward, and that he can be part of that ambition.

Q Give us a clue - is that Liverpool back on the table, or Chelsea, or Manchester City? Are we too far away …

KJ To be fair we ruled Liverpool out because Carlos doesn't want to go to Liverpool due to the competitive nature of Man United and Liverpool. He has a lot of respect and a lot of love for the fans of United, and think he would rule Liverpool out as their greatest competitor.

M.E.N. VERDICT: RED CARD FOR LIVERPOOL

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 2 CITY 1

Q What about Manchester City then, would he rule out United's city rivals?

KJ City and Chelsea would be the two clubs on the table. City have obviously been in contact with us - I have spoken to Garry (Cook) and Mark (Hughes) on several occasions. We haven't talked to them about contracts, or to Chelsea either about that, because we have respected the fact that Carlos is a Manchester United player and always wanted to respect that point.

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 2 CITY 2

Now we will see which will be the best option, the club with the biggest ambition, the club with the real passion to do something different in the Premier League.

Q Would he mind, then, missing out on Champions League football for a season if he fancied joining up with the likes of Robinho? If he thought `I'll give the Champions League a miss knowing I have a lot more to give in this Premier League over the next few seasons'?

KJ Without getting into the point of whether he will go to Chelsea or City or wherever, the issue is that Carlos wants to go to a club that has real ambition, a club which is showing intent, which he can help achieve great things. In a club like City, they have definitely shown a lot of ambition in the players they have brought in over the last year or so. They are bringing in better players. A club like Chelsea is also showing a lot of ambition - they want to win the Champions League.

Both of them have that ambition but what is important is that Carlos is very happy in England. He is extremely settled and his family is in a very good shape here - they love the country. He wants to stay here - with the two European clubs that have come to him, he hasn't totally disregarded the option but he has put it down his pecking order.

M.E.N. VERDICT: CHELSEA 2 CITY 3

Q I know Carlos is in Argentina having a well-earned rest at the moment, but when will you be in a position to make a decision? What will it be based on? What's the next step?

KJ We told Man United the same thing (on Friday), that Carlos is not willing to make a decision now. He has been two years on a loan deal and would like to have a little bit of time to digest all the offers and think about his future because he is thinking about his future for the next five years.

This is purely and utterly Carlos Tevez's decision, no-one else makes it for him, not myself or his agents. It is for the next five years for his family, so he needs time to think about that. He needs to be making that decision to go to the best club, he thinks, for him and his future in the Premier League.

Q Does he think maybe his face didn't fit at Old Trafford? He made 18 starts this season and 31 the season before for United - there is obviously a little bit of a difference and a difference in the manager's thinking.

KJ I don't think it's correct to say his face doesn't fit. He was very much a part of the Man United team for the last two years, but clearly in the last year he has been very disappointed and he has been even more disappointed that it had to come to the fact that the loan deal had finished … if Wayne Rooney's contract or Cristiano Ronaldo's contract had been finishing, six months before, would they have offered a better deal to them at that time?

Would they have tried to secure their services a bit sooner, or shall we wait until Cristiano has gone and then try to secure him? He has that feeling that maybe he wasn't the most wanted person at United. Rightly or wrongly, that's how he feels. Personally I feel United made a fantastic contribution to try to secure him with a last-ditch offer, but it was maybe a little bit too late.

Do you think Tevez is on his way to City? Have your say
This is what worries me about the press making City favourites. It's all seems to be based on information that We know - not on their own private contacts. In other words they are no more ITK than us, yet we take great reassurance from every tabloid headline / comment.

Makes mental note not to add to this thread until there is some real news

This thread gives a great insight into the City fan's mindset; absolutely convinced he's coming weeks ago with little evidence to base this theory on, then when there is a clear indication he is coming to us, everyone gets all fooking negative and starts flapping!

I am the most negative person in the world when it comes to City normally but what DOESN'T point that he's coming to us. Relax. Enjoy it for once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.