Tevez [Merged]

Solihull Samba Boys said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/02/carlos-tevez-poised-to-agree-four-year-manchester-city-deal-115875-21487591/

Manchester City are confident of unveiling Carlos Tevez by Monday in a deal taking Mark Hughes’ spending to £200million since he became boss.

City’s talks with Tevez and his advisers have led to a £25m deal being agreed to take the former United striker across Manchester.

Argentina international Tevez is poised to agree personal terms with City on a four-year deal that will earn the 25-year-old striker £120,000 a week.

With their attempts to sign Barcelona forward Samuel Eto’o hampered by a dispute between the player and his club over an exit fee, City want to sign Tevez as quickly as possible.

Hughes is keen to have as many of his summer signings on board by the time City head to South Africa for their pre-season tour in a fortnight.

Tevez and his main adviser, Kia Joorabchian, have been impressed with City’s pitch for him – and also the club’s ambitious plans to become a major force in Europe.

Having reinforced his midfield with Gareth Barry, his front line with Roque Santa Cruz – and with Tevez in the bag – Hughes will turn his attention to City’s defence.

Hughes is still determined to sign Joleon Lescott and although Everton are reluctant to sell, City believe an £18m bid will force their hand.

City also remain keen on prising Arsenal centre-back Kolo Toure away from London.

More cutting edge journalism from our friends at the mirror, telling us what we've known for weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if the club is holding out for the Eto'o signing and then unveiling them both at a joint press conference, that would send out some statement!

sorry, i've just been down the chippy, have i missed something? are we in for tevez?

sorry, i had to do it...

"There were suggestions from Spain yesterday that Eto'o would be keen to sign for United for less than the £200,000 a week Manchester City are offering, though Ferguson's general inclination to go for players of 26 or under would appear to rule out the 28-year-old Barcelona striker – as does his commitment to Cameroon's African Nations Cup campaign in January."

My honest answer to this is, who wouldn't? Fortunately I don't see United splashing out the £35M that may be necessary to land him (if you was to include the loyalty fee) plus ~£140k a week wages.

Taylor said:
Daz_Blue said:
Tomorrows Independent say Eto will take less money to sign for the rags .....

The Rags don't buy players over 26 for money that they want, the independant are talking shit, and anyway even if they did put a bid in, he is still arguing over his payoff.

Mummy I'm frikened now.

Taylor said:
Daz_Blue said:

The Rags don't buy players over 26 for money that they want, the independant are talking shit, and anyway even if they did put a bid in, he is still arguing over his payoff.

berbatov was 28

972 pages must be some record
what will come first

1) Tevez joins city
2) thread reaching 1000 pages
3_none of the above

not long now , Tevez back in contry today after holiday

rohanthebest said:
Taylor said:
Daz_Blue said:

berbatov was 28
And he was described as "The last of there kind"...

Blue Smartie said:
rohanthebest said:
Taylor said:
Daz_Blue said:

berbatov was 28
And he was described as "The last of there kind"...

I think he was less of a gamble as he had already played in England for 3 years, and hadn't he been after him for a bit.

I can't see utd paying more than 100k a week in wages and he is on about that now isn't he ? So there is no pull factor to utd for him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.