Tevez [Merged]

I'd have three teams. Personally I think we should go out and try and win every home game we play in. The second team would be for one against top 6 or top 10 clubs away from home. And the third team who could possibly beat "weaker" teams away from home e.g. wolves, burnley and hull.

Home team:

.....................Robinho......Tevez(if he signs, if not RSC)

Petrov.............Barry...Ireland...............SWP

Bridge........Onuoha.....Kompany.....Zabaleta

.........................Given

It may not be a tall team but imo we should be prepared to play football our way instead of being worried about another teams strength.

Away team (tougher games):

.................................RSC..................................

................................Tevez....................................

Ireland.............Barry(DM)...De Jong(DM)...............SWP

.........................Given.........................................

Away team (more chance of winning games) :
.....................Robinho......Tevez

Ireland.............Barry...De Jong(DM)...............SWP

.........................Given.................

GStar said:
Rammy Blue said:
GStar said:
Robben on the left would allow Robinho to play a more central role behind the striker.

RSC/Eto'o with Robben, Robinho and Tevez all interchaging behind him would be frightening!

WHATTTTT!!!!! - GStar, you are NOT allowed to leave out Superman - you will get hung on here for that.....

O shit!!! Just noticed that.

Well i guess Robben/Robinho/Tevez is a better lineup than Robinho/Ireland/SWP.

Robben will be lying next to RSC and Bellamy anyway for large parts of the season, Ireland would easily get his chance. :)

No need to leave Ireland out:

• Eto'o (let's dream and say RSC has failed his medical)

• Robben Robinho Tevez

• Barry Ireland

Bridge Kompany Onuhua Zab/Micah

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
GStar said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
There are well founded rumours going around that City are trying to bring in a Real Madrid player...I've not been able to find out much more than that and apologise now for the total vaguery of it. Mind you, it makes sense...City are in the market for quality players and Real Madrid are looking to lose some quality players and replace them with "Galacticos".

Feck me that is exciting news... URG and De Niro are generally reliable when it comes to this sort of thing...

I've yet to see De Niro get anything specific correct. URG is the only one who consistenly delivers.

Don't get carried away this is not cast iron nailed on...just a rumour that I've been checking out and as yet...have found nothing to back it up.

Don't worry mate not getting carried away, i meant more that when you mention names, they generally come off. As you say its usually less spectacular news than some try, but thats because its not fabrication.

deco said:
I'd have three teams. Personally I think we should go out and try and win every home game we play in. The second team would be for one against top 6 or top 10 clubs away from home. And the third team who could possibly beat "weaker" teams away from home e.g. wolves, burnley and hull.

Home team:

It may not be a tall team but imo we should be prepared to play football our way instead of being worried about another teams strength.

Looks alright to me. but i think hughes is gonna do himself justice next season. he will pick the right team for the right occasion, THATS IF we sign a few more players we need great strengh in depth to do this.

kippax casual said:
I'm not saying Ireland would get in to Brazil's team no, however we play in a different way to Brazil, our team is tailor made for a player like Ireland to get into the box from an attacking midfield position with his runs which he did so well for us last year. I don't think Robinho would make those runs and this in turn would reduce our goal scoring opportunities. Robinho will continue to play out on the left wing this season.

Would Robinho be able to track runners and make important defensive tackles and contribute assists and goals? Because that's what Ireland contributes to this team and he is an integral part of this team and arguably the managers first name on the team sheet.

If Robinho is first choice then why did Ireland win player of the year?

I'd say Ireland got Player of the Year because 1.The dramtic turn around in form from last season 2.He's an academy product 3.He loves City.

Robinho was an easy media target, 15 goals in your first premier league season, when you're not an out and out striker is a fantastic return.

Ask every team in our division, La Ligue, Serie A etc who they'd rather have. As much as it may hurt, we could, if pushed buy another Ireland or even a better player in that position. You cant buy another Robinho.

GStar said:
kippax casual said:
I'm not saying Ireland would get in to Brazil's team no, however we play in a different way to Brazil, our team is tailor made for a player like Ireland to get into the box from an attacking midfield position with his runs which he did so well for us last year. I don't think Robinho would make those runs and this in turn would reduce our goal scoring opportunities. Robinho will continue to play out on the left wing this season.

Would Robinho be able to track runners and make important defensive tackles and contribute assists and goals? Because that's what Ireland contributes to this team and he is an integral part of this team and arguably the managers first name on the team sheet.

I'd say Ireland got Player of the Year because 1.The dramtic turn around in form from last season 2.He's an academy product 3.He loves City.

Robinho was an easy media target, 15 goals in your first premier league season, when you're not an out and out striker is a fantastic return.

Ask every team in our division, La Ligue, Serie A etc who they'd rather have. As much as it may hurt, we could, if pushed buy another Ireland or even a better player in that position. You cant buy another Robinho.
very well put mate.

GStar said:
kippax casual said:

We don't have to choose between our two best players because they don't play in the same position.

ash_MCFC said:
deco said:

Home team:

Looks alright to me. but i think hughes is gonna do himself justice next season. he will pick the right team for the right occasion, THATS IF we sign a few more players we need great strengh in depth to do this.

Are you Kiding me? You clearly don't have a clue about football. With quality players in depth like Vas, benji, Berti, Hamann and Jo we could devastate the EPL next year ;)

tomhawley said:
Watch any great side & the thing that seperates them from the rest is just how hard they all work when they haven't got the ball.

exactly, 100% agreed, its a mentality, and needs every single player doing it for it to work, hopefully it will come to us

I would say what's even more evident is how much value they place on keeping possession when then have it. You hardly ever see the speculative "hoof it forward" ball from the top teams. Funny that.

mcfc391 said:
We don't have to choose between our two best players because they don't play in the same position.

If, for example, Robben or another LW was bought then they may well do. Teams don't generally play a CAM and a CF/Second Striker. I think we wont go back to a straight out 4-4-2 i think we'll continue with a 4-2-3-1 or some variation of that kind of formation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.