Tevez MUST start every game from now until the end

Zmajuga said:
Personally I'll never ever play him again, but regarding situation as it is now I approve playing him until the end of season. Why? Because it's obvious that he won't stay here and we have 5 games left to get his fitness back and make him worth at least 25-30 million. Clearly, that's what Mancini is doing right now, and what he was told to do by the owners.

Rubbish. He's starting now because Mancini knows he's head & shoulders above Dzeko & Mario. He's a nuisance, he scares defenders. With him, Aguero, Nasri & Silva on the pitch, we can really attack teams now and get some early goals...

Stoned Rose said:
Tevex makes Balotelli and Dzeko look like a couple of rattling smackheads.

Brilliant, brilliant player.

Watch him tear the rags a new arsehole :)

Agree with first sentence. His work rate and desire and vision do make them look a bit shit.

Would he be forgiven and raise to legend status if he scores or creates the winner against the rags? I really hope so. Let's move on and put the past behind. Rio and the rags don't like him and Kün because they have pace to burn past them.
CTID.

I didn't want Tevez anyweher near City after the way he's treated us. However, that ship has sailed and Mancini has allowed him back. It would be churlish at this point to cut our own noses off to spiet our face. Tevez can offer something to the team that we haven't got, as proven last night when I thuoght he played very well. Dzeko is in a real funk at the moment, and Balotelli is suspended/a liability, so Tevez really must see more first team action. I'd start him at Norwich providing he can start another game only 3 days after the West Brom match.

citymad said:
I agree, Tevez was very good tonight. However I do feel sorry for Dzeko. Just looks a completely different player now.

Lets be honest though he has never looked anywhere near as good as Tevez or Sergio.....we need better then Dzeko even though I do feel for him. He obviously is not tough enough to cut the mustard....we cannot wait forever for him to show consistent form.

He's a twat and but he gave us something different last night. Not only does he bring experience but he's got that grit and determination and the willingness to put his foot in where Dzeko and Balo just fanny out. There were a few tricky challenges that he showed balls to challenge for and it gave us impetus and rubbed off on the rest of the team

Gingers Dad said:
cleavers said:
He scored a goal, great, his first since May (its now mid April), he ran around a lot too, personally I thought he was as average as he was this time last year, after his first request to leave, before the second, and long before he just went awol all together, didn't do a great deal for me.
He had a good game tonight. Slotted into that position really well. Take your blinkers off, critisize the man not the player to stop yourself looking silly.

People have been criticizing the player since it went tits up and I have always said he is WORLD class but also a bit of a dick......cannot believe all those that said his link up play was shit and he cannot hold up play and is selfish etc.....where are you all now????? Dont be blinded by hate - when we sell Tevez, we need to replace with WORLD class talent....dont know who is going to fit the bill because its on field attitude which we need as well - that pride in battle - Tevez has it in abundance buts its his pride in himself, pity its not pride in the club as non of this shit would have happened....I love and hate him - fantastic player who has given me a lot of happy memories but it will take many more goals for me to forgive him - he will probably be out the door long before that happens - just cannot decide if that's something I truly want.

Tevez must play.
Dzeko isn’t good enough and balotelli can’t be trusted.
It’s as simple as that

citymad said:
I agree, Tevez was very good tonight. However I do feel sorry for Dzeko. Just looks a completely different player now.

About Dzeko, yes, I also feel the same. Two instances in the West Brom game highlighted his lack of confidence. The one where Nasri sent in a lofted cross, and Dzeko tried to reach it. I'd wager that if had stretched his foot completely, he would have made contact, never mind that it may or may not have been on-target. Yet he decides to withdraw his foot, in effect giving up..
The other one where a long ball came to him, surrounded by 2-3 defenders. He managed to get the ball, and was right in the center of the box. A confident striker would have swiftly turned and taken a shot. Yet, he delays, tries to round a defender, and then take a shot which cannoned off the defender..

The old Dzeko would have done both, and may even have got a goal..I like the guy, but something needs to be done to boost his confidence..

sincity said:
citymad said:

About Dzeko, yes, I also feel the same. Two instances in the West Brom game highlighted his lack of confidence. The one where Nasri sent in a lofted cross, and Dzeko tried to reach it. I'd wager that if had stretched his foot completely, he would have made contact, never mind that it may or may not have been on-target. Yet he decides to withdraw his foot, in effect giving up..
The other one where a long ball came to him, surrounded by 2-3 defenders. He managed to get the ball, and was right in the center of the box. A confident striker would have swiftly turned and taken a shot. Yet, he delays, tries to round a defender, and then take a shot which cannoned off the defender..

The old Dzeko would have done both, and may even have got a goal..I like the guy, but something needs to be done to boost his confidence..

I like the guy but think that he is not good enough even when at his best (how many times have we seen that?). If his confidence is easily battered which it appears it is, then can we carry him all the time? - But what do you think of Tevez starting every game? I would for sure. The Dzeko thread is up and running elsewhere......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.