Tevez MUST start every game from now until the end

Was surprised he didn't feature more against Arsenal. That was hard to accept

But played very well at home to WBA. Not sure if he can play another game so soon and we don't want to lose him to a niggling injury. I'd give him 45 mins off the bench.

Come Derby day he'll be close to 100%. Let's hope we are in striking distance by then

FantasyIreland said:
Damanino said:
Maybe if he is here in December/January,/February playing the away games...

But that hard golf tour, he had to train for that...

Maybe if Mancini's man management was up to the task.......

yawn. Come on, surely even you can't believe that what Tevez did was ok<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm --<br /><br />
royle said:
FantasyIreland said:
Damanino said:
Maybe if he is here in December/January,/February playing the away games...

But that hard golf tour, he had to train for that...

Maybe if Mancini's man management was up to the task.......

Mancini was left with no option,Tevez refused to play,were he and the club supposed to just let it slide just because Tevez is an important player? They did the right thing,they let Tevez know who was calling the shots,and it was no longer he and Kia anymore.

They called his bluff,he eventually came back after not getting his transfer,apologized,Mancini accepted and moved on.

Tevez although not fully fit played well tonight,he links better than both balo and Dzeko,he has more subtlety and intelligence to his game,something which we need with teams putting 11 men behind the ball away from home,so yes i would say we should utilise him as much as possible from here on in.

Intelligent post - unlike some on this subject. We must use Tevez as we think fit- rather than him using us

burnagelane said:
Of course City are a more dangerous team with Tevez in there. I always wondered why he was sidelined at the start of the season. I suspect it was because then, the City forwards scored at will. They would have scored more if Tevez had been selected.
If he had been treated equally he woud have City out of sight, ten points up in the Premier League now. the fight would have been won..
He 's an out an out champion, and when he leaves in the summer, City will not be able to replace him with equal quality.

He is playing great like he always did, but the fire has been extinguished, he is going through the motions, but I don' think he now cares whether he is selected or not. He will not celebrate his goals, and there will be more before the end of the season, if he gets selected.
The City fans did that to him.

He's a world class player but come on, he is human you know. Correct, he doesn't give a toss about our club. Even at the FA cup final he wouldn't wear OUR colours collecting the cup. i don't think we needed to score more goals at the beginning of the season - we scored more than any other team without him. However for the remaining games we must use our employee to suit us - he gets paid a fortune to play for us despite the fact he has no respect for us as fans

I agree completely his work rate is great and he is far more creative than Dzeko so I think him and Aguero will be our starters for the next 5 games. I don't care what happened in the past so long as he helps us in this last run in. The title is still on.

CC1 said:
yawn. Come on, surely even you can't believe that what Tevez did was ok

Not remotely,however,as the facts testify,it's naive to place all the blame at his door.

What Tevez did was wrong,some believe unforgiveable,my thoughts are that a different tact from the manager may well have prevented the scenario that played out.Is it unrealistic to think a manager with better 'people skills' could not have handled things better? And on that point,i'm not just talking about Carlos......

But feel free to think Mancini can do no wrong and we'll continue to underachieve IMO - a decent enough bloke but,like it or not,he's very ordinary.

FantasyIreland said:
CC1 said:
yawn. Come on, surely even you can't believe that what Tevez did was ok

Not remotely,however,as the facts testify,it's naive to place all the blame at his door.

What Tevez did was wrong,some believe unforgiveable,my thoughts are that a different tact from the manager may well have prevented the scenario that played out.Is it unrealistic to think a manager with better 'people skills' could not have handled things better? And on that point,i'm not just talking about Carlos......

But feel free to think Mancini can do no wrong and we'll continue to underachieve IMO - a decent enough bloke but like it or not,he's very ordinary.

Most managers actually ARE very ordinary - some are just less ordinary than others.

AdamManCity said:
If we are to have any chance of winning the title he needs to start every game from now until the end of the season. Against west brom he provided the extra spark, creativity and energy we have been crying out for. For away games especially we need his directness and his ability to turn a game on its head. He seems fresh now and could just be what we need to reignite our title hopes. I don't like the guy but unfortunately he is a fantastic player and is going to be very important for us in our remaining 5 games.

I agree 100%

CC1 said:
burnagelane said:
Of course City are a more dangerous team with Tevez in there. I always wondered why he was sidelined at the start of the season. I suspect it was because then, the City forwards scored at will. They would have scored more if Tevez had been selected.
If he had been treated equally he woud have City out of sight, ten points up in the Premier League now. the fight would have been won..
He 's an out an out champion, and when he leaves in the summer, City will not be able to replace him with equal quality.

He is playing great like he always did, but the fire has been extinguished, he is going through the motions, but I don' think he now cares whether he is selected or not. He will not celebrate his goals, and there will be more before the end of the season, if he gets selected.
The City fans did that to him.

He's a world class player but come on, he is human you know. Correct, he doesn't give a toss about our club. Even at the FA cup final he wouldn't wear OUR colours collecting the cup. i don't think we needed to score more goals at the beginning of the season - we scored more than any other team without him. However for the remaining games we must use our employee to suit us - he gets paid a fortune to play for us despite the fact he has no respect for us as fans

So you ignore the effort he put on the pitch and how he fight to win every game and just focus on him not preferring to wear a scarf ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.