Tevez MUST start

I noticed when I got back from the game (I SKY+ it) that Tevez looks like he's put weight on.

I understand where Mancini is coming from about him not being 100%

Personally I wouldn't start him.

We coped without him in the Semi we can cope in the Final without him.

I wish people would stop thinking we're a 1 man team the guy has chosen to fuck us off this summer if it were anyone else no-one would want them in throwing distance of the club never mind the team.

He's done a lot for the club and I thank him for that but I wish all this "We need Tevez" crap gets put to bed soon.

He was blowing and has timber round his waste and this was after 7 mins, no way should he start on Saturday.

Edin will put up a better fight against stoke defenders at kick outs and corners and throw ins. I reckon tevez, silva and edin up front. Midfield yaya,barry and dejong and same defence as tonight.

I think there's a bit of a "power struggle" between Mancini and Tevez.
RM would like to be able to say "we can win without you and I am the boss" however we looked a different side with Tevez on. I suspect RM would like Kompany to be Captain and to start without him. Personnally I would start with him. Johnson/Balo can be a good impact sub if he gets tired.

At this point i don't care if Tevez wants to go or he missed the semi or blah blah blah. Thats no reason not to play him. when he came on he looks miles better than balo or dzeko did in any of the games they played while he was out. Only thing that should keep Tevez out is if he is way too out of shape and not fit.

On another note if he doesn't start between Balo or Dzeko i honestly couldn't choose who to play because i haven't been too impressed with either of them and for me its a toss up.

KingofDraw said:
At this point i don't care if Tevez wants to go or he missed the semi or blah blah blah. Thats no reason not to play him. when he came on he looks miles better than balo or dzeko did in any of the games they played while he was out. Only thing that should keep Tevez out is if he is way too out of shape and not fit.

On another note if he doesn't start between Balo or Dzeko i honestly couldn't choose who to play because i haven't been too impressed with either of them and for me its a toss up.

I agree about who to play if tevez doesnt start. Ideally tevez will play but i honestly dont think hes fit enough to start. So who does? Dzeko will be handy from a defensive view but wont trouble too much attacking. Balo will trouble huth and shawcross but offer little defensively.
Personally id go with Balo as i think we should take the game to stoke and offer the most attacking threat we have. I fear mancini will revert to type think of defence first and start dzeko.

super_city_si said:
KingofDraw said:

I agree about who to play if tevez doesnt start. Ideally tevez will play but i honestly dont think hes fit enough to start. So who does? Dzeko will be handy from a defensive view but wont trouble too much attacking. Balo will trouble huth and shawcross but offer little defensively.
Personally id go with Balo as i think we should take the game to stoke and offer the most attacking threat we have. I fear mancini will revert to type think of defence first and start dzeko.

Disagree with the highlighted bit, Balo is actually quite good at defensive set pieces. I'd certainly bench AJ, he was woeful tonight. I'd start Balo alongside either Tevez or Dzeko depending on fitness issues as Tevez did look a bit "chubby" tonight. We should definitely start with 2 strikers on Saturday.

Agreed!
I would play him from the start in place of Dzeko.
I would (possibly) play Viera from start too for height and mental strength!

lancs blue said:
super_city_si said:
Personally id go with Balo as i think we should take the game to stoke and offer the most
attacking threat we have. I fear mancini will revert to type think of defence first and start
dzeko.

Disagree with the highlighted bit, Balo is actually quite good at defensive set pieces. I'd certainly bench AJ, he was woeful tonight. I'd start Balo alongside either Tevez or Dzeko depending on fitness issues as Tevez did look a bit "chubby" tonight. We should definitely
start with 2 strikers on Saturday.

Good point about playing balo wide. Johnson is playing himself into a supersub role. Although i think mancini will play a grafter like milner.

Sorry, i misread balo's role. I think we always look light weight in the middle with 2 strikers. Balo could go wide in a front 3 of him, silva and tevez/dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.