Tevez - staying or going?

Cambridgeblue said:
southern muppet said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
Who would you blues ideally have then as a replacement?.

Eto'o, but failing that definitely Aguero. All the rest are miles behind.

If we really find we can't get a long-term world class replacement this summer, then Drogba purely as a stop-gap for a couple of seasons would be an idea.

Eto'o is too old and he had his chance.

Drogba has MAYBE two more top seasons in him
but would want a 4 year deal and the same money as Tevez.

is this for real?

LoveCity said:
Eto'o is faster and sharper than Tevez is, I'm not gonna revisit the argument about Eto'o's age being misleading because of his freakish athleticism but he would be a fantastic signing.
Don't forget Eto'o's the better finisher.

It's laughable to turn you nose up at a player like Eto'o. As for being too old, he hasn't even declined at all. To get him and keep him on for 3 seasons would probably cost the club the same it would have cost to keep Carlos for his two seasons until early retirement. All that would actually have changed is we'd have a better player.

Also, Drogba would not want the same wages as Tevez. We'd probably match his Chelsea wages. It wouldn't be peanuts that's for sure, but it's probably a good £50k a week less than what Carlos is currently on.

Rammyblues said:
In order of preference

IMO

1) Eto o
2) Aguero
3) The rest.
This for me but with Eto'o and Aguero swapping positions, Sergio could be here for the next 10 years and become a legend. I preference younger and hungrier players, despite Eto'o probably being the best striker in Europe over the last 5-8.

blinkblue said:
Rammyblues said:
In order of preference

IMO

1) Eto o
2) Aguero
3) The rest.
This for me but with Eto'o and Aguero swapping positions, Sergio could be here for the next 10 years and become a legend. I preference younger and hungrier players, despite Eto'o probably being the best striker in Europe over the last 5-8.
Aguero is good. But Eto'o is just better by far, *currently*

The experience and tutelage Eto'o can bring is another benefit.

Eto'o also doesn't lack hunger. That's for sure. Not sure if his ambitious nature will ever leave him to be honest.

jjeangi said:
blinkblue said:
Rammyblues said:
In order of preference

IMO

1) Eto o
2) Aguero
3) The rest.
Aguero is good. But Eto'o is just better by far, *currently*

The experience and tutelage Eto'o can bring is another benefit.

Eto'o also doesn't lack hunger. That's for sure. Not sure if his ambitious nature will ever leave him to be honest.

aguero would be a better buy for us than eto, not enough years left in eto im afraid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.