Tevez to return (Merged)

Re: City and Tevez nearing a compromise for his return (Mirror)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Have to say that this is Mancini's biggest weakness by far.

Adebayor - well managed and playing well.
Bellamy - well managed and playing well.
Tevez - we know what he can do and possibly badly managed (though he played a large part in his own downfall I suspect).

Would we have got in this mess in the first place if Mancini had been a different sort of manager?

your anti mancini bias is strong

Prestwich_Blue said:

Tevez - we know what he can do and possibly badly managed (though he played a large part in his own downfall I suspect).

Would we have got in this mess in the first place if Mancini had been a different sort of manager?

what mess?

this competing for the title mess?

Balti said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

what mess?

The Tevez mess. And I'm asking a legitimate question.

Balti said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

what mess?

Its another fuckin fine mess he's got us into.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Balti said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

what mess?

you dont like mancini so are making crap arguements to have a dig, at least be honest

i ve beeen consistent and said this since my lovely trip to munchen....bring him on! i would love carlos to score the winner against utd don t give ashit about personalities, city is my club, players will all come and go!

bring home the premiership carlos!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Balti said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

what mess?

Me too.

Perhaps its his strength.

These are all good individuals with great talent but what RM has done is forge a team that is competing for the title with team spirit and togetherness.

Would Ade, Bellers, Tevez fit into that mold/ mindset/ mentality/ ethos?

There is no doubt in my mind that RM has improved the team this season despite removing quality players (one way or the other) such as those you mention.

Less a collection of individuals and all that perhaps...

hilts said:
you dont like mancini so are making crap arguements to have a dig, at least be honest
I like the guy but I've asked a question about him that is pertinent. He gets a lot out of the players that can cope with him but like Baconface he's a control freak and that has a good side and a bad side. Hughes was the same I believe but everyone used to say it was a weakness.

Balti said:
Would Ade, Bellers, Tevez fit into that mold/ mindset/ mentality/ ethos?
It was interesting seeing Tunnel Cam when we played Liverpool. Bellers, who we were always led to believe was a troublemaker, was clearly adored by the City players. I suspect we'd have seen the same if Ade had played against us.

I agree we have great team spirit as we wouldn't be challenging if we didn't.

Prestwich_Blue said:
hilts said:
I like the guy but I've asked a question about him that is pertinent. He gets a lot out of the players that can cope with him but like Baconface he's a control freak and that has a good side and a bad side. Hughes was the same I believe but everyone used to say it was a weakness.

Look at ManUre this season. Punching above their weight. The whole bigger than the collection of the constituent parts. Have let some massive players go and are still there at the top refusing to go away. The shitbags.

Not as good as us on paper maybe but that mentality instilled in them drags them through.

That's where Bobby is leading us too I believe. And I believe that his selection policy (and persona non grata policy) proves it. Team first.

I wasn't a fan of his and am naturally cynical but our manager has won me over and continues to prove that he (mostly) makes the right decisions. No-one is perfect of course.

Yes it would have been great if Ade/Bellers could have been integrated (fuck off Tevez) but they're in different teams, and less competitive teams so far, so perhaps he has made the right calls and got it spot on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.