Tevez transfer thread

Neville Kneville said:
Plain Speaking said:
BlueJill said:
Not hard at all. That is what contracts are. Legally binding documents.
I am well aware what contracts are. I dont think you understand, breach of a contract to "buy a player at a specified future date" would give less legal redress, (usually "damages"), than breach of a contract of sale. I repeat why loan him if Milan are 100% going to buy him in 6 months? Sell him with a large percentage deferred for 6 months if necessary. We are playing into KJ and Milan's plans

That is effectively what it would be. Milan would get him on loan but not pay anything apart from Tevez' wages, then they would be contactually obliged to pay the transfer fee in the next window. Tevez' situation would be the same, apart from Milan would be paying his wages rather than him having to come back & train with City & us pay him.
There is an important distinction between a loan and a sale:
With a loan he is still our registered player. I cannot imagine the club taking legal action if Milan refuses to buy him in summer, plus it would be difficult for us to claim any damages for his reduction in value, (from staying in Argentina etc.), before he formally leaves.
If we complete a formal sale and he is Milan's registered player I am sure we would take legal action if they defaulted on payment. In addition, if we discover KJ has received "secret payments" from Milan we might pursue them for damages.

Plain Speaking said:
Neville Kneville said:
Plain Speaking said:
I am well aware what contracts are. I dont think you understand, breach of a contract to "buy a player at a specified future date" would give less legal redress, (usually "damages"), than breach of a contract of sale. I repeat why loan him if Milan are 100% going to buy him in 6 months? Sell him with a large percentage deferred for 6 months if necessary. We are playing into KJ and Milan's plans

That is effectively what it would be. Milan would get him on loan but not pay anything apart from Tevez' wages, then they would be contactually obliged to pay the transfer fee in the next window. Tevez' situation would be the same, apart from Milan would be paying his wages rather than him having to come back & train with City & us pay him.
With a loan he is still our registered player. I cannot imagine the club taking legal action if Milan refuses to buy him in summer, plus it would be difficult for us to claim any damages for his reduction in value, (from staying in Argentina etc.), before he formally leaves.
If we complete a formal sale and he is Milan's registered player I am sure we would take legal action if they defaulted on payment. In addition, if we discover KJ has received "secret payments" from Milan we might pursue them for damages.
We wouldn't have to take legal action against Milan for breaking a binding contract between two clubs, they'd be kicked out of Fifa.

edgecroft said:
Plain Speaking said:
We wouldn't have to take legal action against Milan for breaking a binding contract between two clubs, they'd be kicked out of Fifa.
Really? That sounds very fanciful! Clubs often get in disputes about player transfers and I've never heard of a club thrown out of FIFA before.

Plain Speaking said:
edgecroft said:
Plain Speaking said:
Really? That sounds very fanciful! Clubs often get in disputes about player transfers and I've never heard of a club thrown out of FIFA before.
Can you furnish me with any examples of European clubs breaking binding contracts with another European club and getting away with it? I don't recall any, yet I hear about these loan with obligation to buy deals all the time.

I honestly don't see anything to worry about if this is the route we take.

LoveCity said:
Malaga showing interest apparently (SSN)? Not sure he'd go there if he rejected Paris but it's a beautiful place to live.

Seems like Malaga are banned from making any signings in this window (other than free's and loans), so can't there being anything in this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marca.com%2F2012%2F01%2F24%2Ffutbol%2Fequipos%2Fmalaga%2F1327395734.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 95734.html</a>

sincity said:
NipHolmes said:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11863/7456371/Milan-to-decide-on-Tevez

AC Milan will decide on Friday whether to match Manchester City's valuation of Argentina international Carlos Tevez.

The Italian champions are understood to have already seen an offer in excess of €20million for the 27-year-old want-away star rejected.

City are ruling out a loan move for Tevez and are seeking at least €30million (£25m) to allow the striker to secure his exit from the Etihad Stadium.

The former Manchester United and West Ham forward has not played for City since his bust-up with Roberto Mancini against Bayern Munich in September.

However, Tevez will need to wait at least 24 hours before seeing if his AC Milan switch will come to fruition.

"We will make a definite decision on Friday," vice president Adriano Galliani told Gazzetta dello Sport.

AC Milan have a back-up plan should Tevez not arrive with the club brokering a deal with Catania to land forward Maxi Lopez.

Galliani is unsure whether the club will push through their move for Lopez is Tevez arrives.

"Will Maxi Lopez join as well? Who knows," he continued.

"I will just confirm that if he doesn't arrive, then we will sign Tevez, but they are two alternative options."

Nervous
The cost of Tevez's unsanctioned return to Argentina has been revealed at £9.3m, with the player forfeiting wages and bonuses.

And it seems the strain is finally taking its toll on the striker with close friend Carlos Jimenez revealing he is 'nervous' over his future.

"We had dinner a few days ago and I could see that he was a little worried," the singer told a Buenos Aires newspaper.

"In fact, he was really worried by his situation. He has to get out of Manchester before January 31 and he knows that.

"He says Man City want to stop him playing for two years."

----

Wonderful to see City getting their point across to the trecherous stain. I 100% believe he will be gone by the weekend.

Keep the faith CTID

Finally, a tubelight has started flickering in his head...he's starting to realize the seriousness of the situation he is in...Take the PSG offer, Carlos..its a win-win situation for all...
And if you really want to really go to Milan, repeat your tantrums next year while at PSG..
I've been saying this all along, as well as a lot of other posters. As Tevez's wages don't count towards FFPR it just boils down to the transfer fee. As he is patently refusing to train and play for us we can transfer list him, book a writedown in the books of his value so even that will work for us in terms of FFPR. The only negative is we won't get his transfer value or his wages off the "real" books.

I honestly think he has pissed off one the richest men on the planet so significantly that the sheikh is prepared to keep paying the twat his £10m/year, minus his bonuses/player payments/image rights (so probably significantly less than £10m).

It's probably become a matter of honour to Sheikh Mansour and he is now prepared to sit him in the reserves for at least the next 18 months, 30 months if it can be wangled but he'd probably get out the final year if he doesn't play at all for us the year previous. The only way Tevez can leave is on terms advantageous to City with at least a decent approximation of his value and I'm also damn sure we will be suing him for his depreciation in value.

Just think, he hasn't played since end September, he could quite possibly not play a competitive game of football again until July/August 2013 (almost 2 years) and that's if he manages to cancel his contract and we don't tie him up in some legal wrangling, if he can't it will be almost 3 years since he played "proper" football. There's a distinct chance he won't play football again until he is 30, at least 29 and what sort of money is he going to be offered by clubs if he hasn't played a competitive match in 2/3 years.

I'd prefer to see him sold for a sum that will benefit City but a part of me wants to see the mercenary, backstabbing, greedy, adulterous fuckwit of an orc rotting in our reserves for 2 years crying about how he wants to play 1st team football whilst his potential wages from other clubs when he finally breaks out of City go down the fucking toilet.

shawgorbie said:
just seen maxi lopez in the san siro watching the milan v lazio match,didn't they say if they signed him they wouldn't sign tevez

I think AC said they wanted both strikers but guaranteed the fans they would at least be bringing in 1 of them by Friday (i.e. tomorrow).

If AC don't secure Tevez tomorrow he ain't going no where this window, unless a last ditch attempt is made for him over the weekend by someone.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:12 pm --<br /><br />
Edwaardz said:
Kia Joorabchian is on that Andy Gray and Richard Keys show tomorrow at 12.

Highly doubt it I think, cos Kia will be running around trying to get Tevez deal done with AC, as AC have given tomorrow as a deadline they will sign a striker.

If Kia is on a radio show then it's a 110% guarantee Tevez is not being sold this window cos he will have the time to be sat talking sh*te. Either that or Kia is a pretty sh*t agent/advisor (which we all know he is).

"Kia Joorabchian just confirmed and will be with us tomorrow at 12."

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/#!/TSKeysandGray/status/162642139216482304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/#!/TSKeysandGray/sta ... 9216482304</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.