Tevez transfer thread

I commented on Ducado's post at lunch time that we might not want this to run until summer because he could then buy out his contract and we might get less money.

(Obviously we want him off the wage bill (if paying anything) and out to avoid this scenario carrying on for another 5 months or so)

But it then occurred to me that it might not be so bad. If he walks and takes advantage of the ruling to pay compensation for the last two years of his contract then that opens the door to us suing him.

At the moment to complete any transfer we need agreement of both clubs and the agreement of Tevez, he would only agree if we would not sue him.

If however he chooses to walk under this ruling we would have no constraints on suing him.

Looks like PSG (if they harbour any interest) is only remaining alternative. After 11 months out of the game (i.e. next August) he would have a fair bit of work to do to get match fit.

As someone said Joorabchian's phone may be runing hot.

Re: just heard off a m8

bluestevei said:
he says he has heard that tevez will go to Milan and robinho and pato coming to us. its just a rumour he has heard, but would we want rob back

Lol, its all over Twitter, was on Sky Italia apparently.

Adriano Galliani has revealed how close Milan were to reaching an agreement with Manchester City over Carlos Tevez.

The Rossoneri Vice-President was in negotiations with Manchester City’s chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak until early on Friday evening in an attempt to break the deadlock over Tevez’ future.

The Premier League side were keen for full payment up front on their want-away striker, but Milan, who have been pursuing the forward for several weeks now, were pushing for an initial loan deal.

Where early reports indicated that Galliani had been successful in twisting Al Mubarak’s arm today, it subsequently emerged that City rejected the offer, prompting the Italian side to instead take up their option on plan B, Catania’s Maxi Lopez.

Speaking to Milan Channel after the news was confirmed, Galliani reflected on the day’s events and what the future may hold.

“At 18:30 I was convinced that Tevez would join us,” the 67-year-old mused. “We were very close.

“The day today was still very important because we have solved some misunderstandings born in recent days with City. Relations with the English club are much improved, but…patience…life goes on.

“Will Tevez stay at City? I don’t know what will happen in these last few days of the transfer window. The market will reopen in four months - we’ll see.

“Tevez was ready to fly to Italy. It’s a shame. I would like to publicly thank him for waiting. We will talk to City again in June.”

Galliani was equally keen to talk about new arrival Lopez.

“I chose to respect and honour the words promised to Maxi. We had a deadline of 19:00 today and since we did not reach an agreement with City we have filed the contract with Maxi instead.

“He waited for us. He is an important player who will be very useful for us and who we can use in the Champions League.

“We will only sign him for now. He has a lot of desire.”

they fucked us about before, and tried to do it again today. city have been absolutely brilliant today from the sounds of it

dref619 said:
they fucked us about before, and tried to do it again today. city have been absolutely brilliant today from the sounds of it

Khaldoon has obviously taken over any transfer dealings and he seem to be doing brilliantly. Could he not be considered as a permanent replacement for Cook? Or would that be too much of a step down for him? Or maybe he wouldn't have the time for it.

Ducado said:
Sounds like Milan have been taught a very harsh lesson indeed, he sounds very humble, thought they would turn us over

Eh?

We've been left with an unfit, unhappy, troublesome player.

If anyone's been taught a lesson it's us, sadly. We might've not caved into their terms, but we're left not able to add the one or two Mancini wants, as the FFP rules means we were living within our means in terms of fees this window.

It's a moral victory of sorts, but not a common sense one. We'd have been much better taking the £20m and investing it in two good but not extaordinary players who could make the difference over coming weeks.

pardoe said:
Ducado said:
Sounds like Milan have been taught a very harsh lesson indeed, he sounds very humble, thought they would turn us over

Eh?

We've been left with an unfit, unhappy, troublesome player.

If anyone's been taught a lesson it's us, sadly. We might've not caved into their terms, but we're not left not able to add the one or two Mancini wants.

It's a moral victory of sorts, but not a common sense one.

Sometimes the fruits of moral victories take longer to ripen. Today was a huge victory for City's future as a world footballing force.

And, I still think he goes to Paris before Wednesday.

Matt the Giant said:
dref619 said:

Khaldoon has obviously taken over any transfer dealings and he seem to be doing brilliantly. Could he not be considered as a permanent replacement for Cook? Or would that be too much of a step down for him? Or maybe he wouldn't have the time for it.

i think khaldoon is fantasic for this club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.