Tevez transfer thread

pardoe said:
Ducado said:
Sounds like Milan have been taught a very harsh lesson indeed, he sounds very humble, thought they would turn us over

Eh?

We've been left with an unfit, unhappy, troublesome player.

If anyone's been taught a lesson it's us, sadly. We might've not caved into their terms, but we're left not able to add the one or two Mancini wants, as the FFP rules means we were living within our means in terms of fees this window.

It's a moral victory of sorts, but not a common sense one. We'd have been much better taking the £20m and investing it in two good but not extaordinary players who could make the difference over coming weeks.

He is not affecting the squad and we are top of the league.
We are prepared to wait whilst not paying him for as long as he is awol.

I think most fans had drawn the line and city have acted superbly.

We alsp gave AC a public dressing down and made them look like the fools they had been.

r.soleofsalford said:
Matt the Giant said:
dref619 said:
they fucked us about before, and tried to do it again today. city have been absolutely brilliant today from the sounds of it

Khaldoon has obviously taken over any transfer dealings and he seem to be doing brilliantly. Could he not be considered as a permanent replacement for Cook? Or would that be too much of a step down for him? Or maybe he wouldn't have the time for it.

i think khaldoon is fantasic for this club

Agreed. He seems like a very smart, humble, common sense man...but we must remember that we're just one company of many amongst the Sheikh's portfolio. Khaldoon will have to represent his best interests throughout them, though MCFC may well be a bit more of a labour of love than certain otherer.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 pm --<br /><br />
TCIB said:

...that still doesn't solve the issue (and it is an issue more than a problem) of how we're going to add the couple of squad players Mancini says he needs without overspending now that we're into the evaluation periods for the FFP regulations.

Many people said Tevez may still go to PSG. Can anyone clarify is there a rule in Ligue 1 which limited the number of foreigners joining a French club? I heard this means Tevez can't go there because Alex signed for them today.

terrychoichelsea said:
Many people said Tevez may still go to PSG. Can anyone clarify is there a rule in Ligue 1 which limited the number of foreigners joining a French club? I heard this means Tevez can't go there because Alex signed for them today.

Can you not adjust your squad at the end of January ? Window might be a bit pointless otherwise.

May be a limit on foreigners but they have time to sell one if they need ?

Bluephoria said:
terrychoichelsea said:

Can you not adjust your squad at the end of January ? Window might be a bit pointless otherwise.

May be a limit on foreigners but they have time to sell one if they need ?

Good point about Alex. Yes to the question that they can adjust the squad at the end of January.

BlueJill said:
Sometimes the fruits of moral victories take longer to ripen. Today was a huge victory for City's future as a world footballing force.

And, I still think he goes to Paris before Wednesday.

Just a wild thought. Our owners had a word with PSG owners. Flush Milan out and so long as you still meet our asking price the competition is eliminated leaving the (occasional) player limited options ?

Just sayin' Just a wild thought.

pardoe said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Matt the Giant said:
Khaldoon has obviously taken over any transfer dealings and he seem to be doing brilliantly. Could he not be considered as a permanent replacement for Cook? Or would that be too much of a step down for him? Or maybe he wouldn't have the time for it.

i think khaldoon is fantasic for this club

Agreed. He seems like a very smart, humble, common sense man...but we must remember that we're just one company of many amongst the Sheikh's portfolio. Khaldoon will have to represent his best interests throughout them, though MCFC may well be a bit more of a labour of love than certain otherer.

-- Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 pm --

TCIB said:

...that still doesn't solve the issue (and it is an issue more than a problem) of how we're going to add the couple of squad players Mancini says he needs without overspending now that we're into the evaluation periods for the FFP regulations.

We were never spending in this window, regardless of the Tevez transfer. Buyin in January just isn't a good idea.Maybe Mancini would have been allowed to bring in one (DDR), but funds will be made available to him during the Summer undoubtedly as I'm sure a few first teamers will be leaving. I'm more than happy with how the Tevez/Milan saga ended. Fuck Milan, fuck Galliani, fuck the snake and most of all fuck Tevez. Let the bastard rot.

pardoe said:

I think this would have been more important 27 days ago. At this point, considering who is coming back in the next two weeks and considering in that 27 days we got knocked out of two competitions, we should be fine until May. Absolutely have to buy in the summer though.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:14 pm --<br /><br />
Bluephoria said:
BlueJill said:
Sometimes the fruits of moral victories take longer to ripen. Today was a huge victory for City's future as a world footballing force.

And, I still think he goes to Paris before Wednesday.

Just a wild thought. Our owners had a word with PSG owners. Flush Milan out and so long as you still meet our asking price the competition is eliminated leaving the (occasional) player limited options ?

Just sayin' Just a wild thought.

Not sure about the owners making deals part but I do believe that Tevez now has only one option and its PSG. I don't see coming back here an option for him. The foreign player rule does make me less confident though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.