Tevez transfer thread

Why all the hate for carroll he got 19 goals and 8 assists for a struggling newcastle side! He is an inch shorter then dzeko and would beat him in the air all day! Hes stronger better in the air and has a better touch then dzeko! Yeah dzeko has scored more a massive 13 in 32 games but how many would Carroll have scored if he was surround by our talented stars! Dont get me wrong im a dzeko fan but starting to think he isnt cut out for the physicalities of english football, if he fought more or had abit more desire i would be happy with him! If anyone on here plays centre back ask yourself who you would rather mark!

jaigurugoat said:
LoveCity said:
Torres has been 'lacking form' for 2 1/2 seasons though, not just for Chelsea, not just for Liverpool, but for Spain with the world's best midfield behind him.
All I'm saying is that I would take Torres now as opposed to keeping tevez for rest of season.

Yeah but there is the third option, "None of the above", especially if the Milan loan story with a penalty fee of over £6million if they don't buy him is true.

It is better to be patient and wait for the money for Tevez, then the club can buy a top class striker of the year 2012 like Cavani, Higuain, Van Persie, or whoever if they want.

Personally, as long as the manager trusts Dzeko and Mario, I'm not sure we even need to allocate funds towards a new centre-forward, as Guidetti can be the fourth man at no cost and we could buy a winger/winger-forward instead for big money. Lavezzi would be perfect for us because it'd give us five forward options (Aguero, Dzeko, Mario, Lavezzi, Guidetti) but because Lavezzi can play wide on either flank it wouldn't necessarily kill off Guidetti's chances, more likely Johnson's.

dachoosen1 said:
Why all the hate for carroll he got 19 goals and 8 assists for a struggling newcastle side! He is an inch shorter then dzeko and would beat him in the air all day! Hes stronger better in the air and has a better touch then dzeko! Yeah dzeko has scored more a massive 13 in 32 games but how many would Carroll have scored if he was surround by our talented stars! Dont get me wrong im a dzeko fan but starting to think he isnt cut out for the physicalities of english football, if he fought more or had abit more desire i would be happy with him! If anyone on here plays centre back ask yourself who you would rather mark!

I don't hate Carroll, but the lad's out of his depth at this level. Much like Savic, he just can't hack it mentally. Some players get out of their comfort zone and have their ability inhibited i.e. 'freeze'. while other thrive on it. Most of the time this is bourne out when playing international football.
Carroll is in the former group.

As for being 'shorter than Dzeko' - an inch obviously means more to some people than others................................

Basically, just because you feel Dzeko comes up short, doesnt make Carroll any better.
I did actually play CB at a pretty basic pub level it has to be said - but i'd much sooner have marked Carroll than Dzeko because Dzeko is more skilful, can score from distance and drags the CB out of position, whereas Carroll is very static and 'does what it says on the tin'.

ANY1aBLUE said:
dachoosen1 said:

I don't hate Carroll, but the lad's out of his depth at this level. Much like Savic, he just can't hack it mentally. Some players get out of their comfort zone and have their ability inhibited i.e. 'freeze'. while other thrive on it. Most of the time this is bourne out when playing international football.
Carroll is in the former group.

As for being 'shorter than Dzeko' - an inch obviously means more to some people than others................................

Basically, just because you feel Dzeko comes up short, doesnt make Carroll any better.
I did actually play CB at a pretty basic pub level it has to be said - but i'd much sooner have marked Carroll than Dzeko because Dzeko is more skilful, can score from distance and drags the CB out of position, whereas Carroll is very static and 'does what it says on the tin'.

Carroll is a dangerous player if used in the right way. That doesn't mean lumping long balls at his head. It does mean putting crosses on his head thouh & we can't cross the ball.

Giving tevez to Liverpool would be even worse than giving them Bellamy & ensure they end up in the Champion's League.

LoveCity said:
jaigurugoat said:
LoveCity said:
Torres has been 'lacking form' for 2 1/2 seasons though, not just for Chelsea, not just for Liverpool, but for Spain with the world's best midfield behind him.
All I'm saying is that I would take Torres now as opposed to keeping tevez for rest of season.

Yeah but there is the third option, "None of the above", especially if the Milan loan story with a penalty fee of over £6million if they don't buy him is true.

It is better to be patient and wait for the money for Tevez, then the club can buy a top class striker of the year 2012 like Cavani, Higuain, Van Persie, or whoever if they want.

Personally, as long as the manager trusts Dzeko and Mario, I'm not sure we even need to allocate funds towards a new centre-forward, as Guidetti can be the fourth man at no cost and we could buy a winger/winger-forward instead for big money. Lavezzi would be perfect

for us because it'd give us five forward options (Aguero, Dzeko, Mario, Lavezzi, Guidetti) but because Lavezzi can play wide on either flank it wouldn't necessarily kill off Guidetti's chances, more likely Johnson's.

Not sure whether Guidetti is good enough but does he have a recall clause ? Not sure whether It's a matter of Bobs trust in Mario or Edin, more a case of injury / suspension hitting either or both. If Edin or Kun succumb to the same while Mario's out we could be screwed. Like Lavezzi but a bit erratic and not exactly prolific.

Yeah do agree Carroll can be static at times but his moement in the box has always impressed me! He had a massive part to play yesterday and looked dangerous against us! maybe its a case of the grass is always greener!lol To me he is someone who is up for a fight for every ball which is the worse kind of striker to play against even worse if they have to muscle to back it up! i think savic will come good he need to get used to the league hope we loan him to a EPL team on deadline day!lol

dachoosen1 said:
Yeah do agree Carroll can be static at times but his moement in the box has always impressed me! He had a massive part to play yesterday and looked dangerous against us! maybe its a case of the grass is always greener!lol To me he is someone who is up for a fight for every ball which is the worse kind of striker to play against even worse if they have to muscle to back it up! i think savic will come good he need to get used to the league hope we loan him to a EPL team on deadline day!lol

Donkey >>>Carroll..............Considerably.

wahablue said:
Guidetti scored a hattrick v Ajax today.

I'm pleased for the lad. Lots of players are prolific In Holland and don 't make it at the top level here. Of course there are exceptions..... Berkamp, Dipper Racist etc... But most fall a bit short. Really hope Guidetti isn't one of them but fear the worse...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.