Tevez transfer thread

Matt the Giant said:
Jimfv1 said:
Aguero is a top drawer striker, and so is Cavani. The two are a different league than Dzeko, Carroll and Guidetti.
Only Balotelli has the potential to get close to these two and have the strength to play in the Premiership.

Lavezzi would be a good signing but as a winger, more of a Thierry Henry role than a proper striker.
Aguero is also fantastic in the Argentina squad and Cavani for Uruguay. These two can play at any level in any league n the world and succeed.
Balotelli is a bit too crazy and needs to grow up to fulfil his potential, then he may be as good as the two former players. Dzeko isn't physical enough despite being a big bloke and having a successful career in Germany, he isn't strong enough on the ball and seriously lacks pace.
Carroll looks very homesick and is lacking in confidence at Liverpool. The fact he has been offered out will also dent his confidence.

I haven't seen anything in Balotelli the last couple of years suggesting he could be as good as Aguero. Of course he's a talented footballer, and hopefully he can become much better, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen at City. Something is clearly missing when it comes to his attitude and mentality, and the "he's still young" excuse is getting... well getting old.
Iker Muniain is two years younger and to me looks far more promising than Mario does.

As for Dzeko I don't know, but I think he's doing what Mancini wants him to do, in spite it not being his natural game. Some of the fans call him shite because he's not doing for us now what is seen on YouTube during his Germany years. He'll continue to adapt and improve I'm sure.

You say Dzeko will "continue to adapt and improve", he is older than Mario, he is less talented than Mario and Mario is a better player than Dzeko is now anyway (in my opinion), but you offer a good fair summary for Dzeko (I agree with what you say) but you don't offer a fair summary of Mario.

The way I see it, if Mario had played the same amount of games that Aguero has, then Mario would have more goals to his name than Aguero does now.

Mario is our most talented striker in my opinion (If both he and Aguero stay with us, in 3 years time we'll have the two best strikers in the world in our team) and Mario's only problem is getting a run of games together without being injured or suspended. The suspensions will fall as he gets older and starts to mature and if we can get him on a run of games, without injuries and suspensions, then I seriously think that he'd score in pretty much every game. (like the mini run he had when he played from the Birmingham cup game, through to the Chelsea away game, where he was getting a good run together but then he got his injury over christmas)

With regards to the whole Tevez thing, I think he'll end up staying put through to the summer, can't see Milan offering what we want and no way will we offload him to Liverpool.

The £5million + Dippers paying the wages makes it a very tempting offer indeed. The thought of the media outrage when he scored the winner against the rags at the Theatre of Screams makes it even more tempting.

Balti said:
OK that's a different proposition

If he's loaned to the scousers till the end of the season ONLY and they pay ALL his wages and we don't have to take their pikey in return then I would support this:

he will improve them but they're not title contenders
if he clicks there then his value will appreciate again and we should get wider interest and more cash for him in the summer
he'll be away from our club which is the main thing

Yeah but the scousers would win both the CC and Fa cup with Tevez IMO, I for one do not want that!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/lucas-barrios/ehrenrunde-mit-rollkoffer-22348566.bild.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/lucas ... .bild.html</a>

German media say Barrios to England. Today did a lap of pitch with a suitcase waving to fans!!

Andouble said:
plus they still have to play United in the league.
But the Utd game is too soon. Would take him 3 weeks to shed the weight if the Summer is any guide

brian the blue said:
You say Dzeko will "continue to adapt and improve", he is older than

First of all, sorry for being quite long with my reply, but I'm too tired to write a shorter post.

Yes I do. Dzeko's age is not a factor which would make it harder for him to adapt to his new team and the new league. Rather the contrary with his experience and maturity working for him as opposed to what you are suggesting, that it's a negative feature with him.
My take on Mario is that he is a loose canon. Not a unique take I'm sure. If he did stamp ugly-hairdo on purpose (which I fully believe) than that's just too much. You simply can't do that and hadn't he played for my club I would have hated him for that kind of behaviour! I watched that game with my son, and he asked me "why did Mario do that?", and the only answer I could come up with was "becasue that's just the way he is". It has to stop, not only for his sake but for his team-mates and his club.

He's been here a year and although I think he has improved, there are till too many questionable features with him in order for me to believe he'll end up anywhere near Aguero's capacity. Mancini says Balotelli could be the best player in the world... but I just don't see it.
The best game for him in my book, was when he played as a lone striker in the FA (if my memory serves me correctly) against Manure; if he could play like that week in and week out he'd be on his way to greatness without doubt.

Mario, he is less talented than Mario and Mario is a better player than Dzeko is now anyway (in my opinion), but you offer a good fair summary for Dzeko (I agree with what you say) but you don't offer a fair summary of Mario. The way I see it, if Mario had played the same amount of games that Aguero has, then Mario would have more goals to his name than Aguero does now.
Mario is our most talented striker in my opinion (If both he and Aguero stay with us, in 3 years time we'll have the two best strikers in the world in our team) and Mario's only problem is getting a run of games together without being injured or suspended. The suspensions will fall as he gets older and starts to mature and if we can get him on a run of games, without injuries and suspensions, then I seriously think that he'd score in pretty much every game. (like the mini run he had when he played from the Birmingham cup game, through to the Chelsea away game, where he was getting a good run together but then he got his injury over christmas)

Judging talent is nearly impossible and ten persons are bound to give ten different verdicts. Yes he has whatI would call talent, but so did Aguero two years ago, when he was at the age Mario is now. By then he was a far better player than Mario is now, already considered one of the world's best. In Spain, 2008-2009 during his 19th year, he played 47 games, scored 21 goals and assisted 10.
When Mario was at the same age, playing for Internazionale, he played 40 games and scored 11. Kun is, has always been and will always be in a better class than Mario.

But, if he, Mario, matures, become more professional I am positive he'll become a very very good striker and I hope he manages to do that here with us.

Getting a string of games would do him good, as would it Dzeko, Aguero, Milner, Barry, Nasri and so on... but doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. For me we have one given starting-striker, and that's Kun, He's the best by far and should only be rested when he really needs it. After him we have Dzeko or Aguero and I personally see Edin as our nr. 2 due to his attitude, commitment and workmate, and of course all the goals he has scored and set up. I trust Dzeko I guess... something I can't say about Mario.

Whatever faults one might find in Dzeko; poor first touch, looses the ball too often, can also be said about Mario. I'd be interested in seeing his dribbling stats.

Now I bid you good night. :)

I think a swap for tevez and caroll would be good.

I think caroll would rid himself of the 35 mil millstone and would have loads to prove.

He is young, English, plays a powerful physical game, and like Edin is good in the air and on the deck.

I know he comes with baggage in his off-field life, but he seems to attract far less negative press than our other media "darling"

Sorry.

I'd take a loan switch until end of the season between Carroll and Herman if we can't unload him permanently in the next 24 hours or so.

At least we'd get a player with something to prove whilst unloading someone that has zero interest in playing for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.