Tevez transfer thread

This loan offer is tempting..is it 5m + wages or just wages which amounts to a 5m saving?

So basically:

Advantages are:
1) Tevez may play against United, and help Liverpool defeat them...which in turn helps us win the title
2) We save 5m in wages which would help our account books, even though it may have no effect on FFPR...
3) Tevez will be back fit, and by hopefully scoring goals, raise his market value to pre-tantrum levels - 30m to 35m...
4) He won't be present in the dressing room, and so would not cause a disruption among our players

Disadvantages:
1) Tevez may help Liverpool win both the Carling and FA Cups
2) He may help Liverpool to get the 4th spot - guaranteeing Champions League play-off
which may very well bite us in the future (iffy, but they are only 6points behind 4th)

If any club other than the Sky4 and Spurs were to offer this loan deal, I would agree to it, but don't think anybody else can afford it...

sincity said:
This loan offer is tempting..is it 5m + wages or just wages which amounts to a 5m saving?

So basically:

Advantages are:
1) Tevez may play against United, and help Liverpool defeat them...which in turn helps us win the title
2) We save 5m in wages which would help our account books, even though it may have no effect on FFPR...
3) Tevez will be back fit, and by hopefully scoring goals, raise his market value to pre-tantrum levels - 30m to 35m...
4) He won't be present in the dressing room, and so would not cause a disruption among our players

Disadvantages:
2) He may help Liverpool to get the 4th spot - guaranteeing Champions League play-off
which may very well bite us in the future (iffy, but they are only 6points behind 4th)

If any club other than the Sky4 and Spurs were to offer this loan deal, I would agree to it, but don't think anybody else can afford it...

If liverpool get 4th then it means Chelsea will probably miss out making it harder for thenm to sign the likes of Hazard in the summer. Personally i'd rather have Liverpool in there than chelsea, at this moment in time.

Rumours that Carroll had a "drug problem" earlier in the season. Future bad publicity?
After Dalgleish's smarmy Bellamy comments I wouldnt give him spit.
It is in our clubs interest for Liverpool to decline, they have a stronger world wide following and international fans could decide to follow the rising club if they are in terminal decline rather than rising up again.
Lend him to another club if necessary. PSG?

Kris_Musampa said:
I think a swap for tevez and caroll would be good.

I think caroll would rid himself of the 35 mil millstone and would have loads to prove.

He is young, English, plays a powerful physical game, and like Edin is good in the air and on the deck.

I know he comes with baggage in his off-field life, but he seems to attract far less negative press than our other media "darling"

Sorry.

Really? And here I thought the traditional target man type player was dead. And what qualities Carroll has besides being tall, I do not know.

But then again if being tall is the measure then we should probably go for Crouch.

Carroll will be a mid-bottom team type player.

It seems Milan have not given up from this.

MILANO -last sprint for Tevez. Need a shot of the scene, since the existing, but hopes are reduced. In any case the Milan is back again to hope. Maxi Lopez last ' "z" of the market? I think so. But the future who can predict it? I can assure you that I will remain in Office until to 19 Tuesday (tomorrow), "said Galliani in Milan Channel, avoiding close the door. However, that you perform a double condition. On the one hand that Berlusconi give her willingness to pay the penalty in case of non-ransom of the Argentine. On the other that Manchester City grants a discount and agree to lower the penalty itself at least from 8 to 6 million. Will be in short hours of great those separating from fibrillation last gong winter market. The fact is, however, that Galliani has digested quickly the disappointment for the assault failed to Apache last Friday. At 19 he made the deposit contract of Maxi Lopez, but already the day after he had resumed contacts with Manchester City.

ENGLAND -timing margins, however, are really tight for succeeding in business. Especially as Berlusconi so far has always remained quite cold compared to the idea of making another economic sacrifice. But, as anticipated, hopes, while small, are not fade away. The Apache, meanwhile, is still in Buenos Aires and waiting for news. Although the signals from his entourage indicate that short will make his return to Europe. Rather, yesterday in The criminal case of non-ransom: serves the ok of Berlusconi and Galliani asks the discount to the City. In England circulated the news that Liverpool had proposed to the City exchange between Tevez and Carrol, grossing a decided rejection. At this point we cannot exclude a priori any developments on the Homefront.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.corrieredellosport.it%2Fcalcio%2Fserie_a%2Fmilan%2F2012%2F01%2F30-218457%2FMilan%2Be%2BTevez%2Bal%2Bgran%2Bfinale.%2BServe%2Bl%2527ok%2Bdi%2BBerlusconi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.a ... Berlusconi</a>

I've heard a rumour that this whole Carroll/Tevez thing might've been blown out of all proportion, and that the "offer" was simply a throwaway comment by a Liverpool director to Brian Marwood following talk by Dalglish after the second leg of the League Cup tie to the effect of "if they have any other players they don't want they know where to send them".

Perhaps we're boxing clever here - using Liverpool to force Milan's hand, seeing as PSG and Inter have publically ended their interest?

onceabluealways said:
sincity said:

So basically:

Advantages are:

Disadvantages:

If liverpool get 4th then it means Chelsea will probably miss out making it harder for thenm to sign the likes of Hazard in the summer. Personally i'd rather have Liverpool in there than chelsea, at this moment in time.

Completely agree. If Liverpool sign tevez on loan I'll be going straight to the bookies to back them for the top 4.

We really shouldn't be basing business decisions like this on who 'may' be in the top 4 with us at the end of the season. But if we were going to think like that I would prefer to see the back of chelsea more than Liverpool. Chelsea have talented players who will get better with age, whilst Liverpool still need significant investment. The scousers can only really look to Suarez, Lucas and Henderson for the future and that's being a tad generous to the latter 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.