Tevez transfer thread

Re: Tevez - AC/Inter/PSG

Carlos Tevez' adviser off to France to discuss move to Paris St-Germain for Manchester City striker

Tévez’s adviser is scheduled to meet PSG’s sporting director Leonardo and the cash-rich club’s new coach, Carlo Ancelotti, who has been a long-term admirer of the striker and had wanted to take him to Stamford Bridge when the Italian was in charge of Chelsea.

No transfer has yet been agreed with Tévez’s club, Manchester City, who stressed on Tuesday that reports emanating from France that a fee of €29 million (£24.1 million) – plus add-ons of €8 million (£6.6 million) – had been accepted were incorrect.

Tévez’s advisers also said this was not the case but there has, subsequently, been contact from the French club who, The Daily Telegraph revealed in December, were always likely to hold the key to the player’s future.

PSG are hoping to persuade Tévez that he should join them given the money that their Qatari owners are pouring into the club in the hope of challenging Europe’s elite. The fledgling project could appeal to Tévez. Given that Joorabchian is expected in Paris to open talks it would suggest that an agreement can now be reached between the club and Tévez.

PSG last week failed with a move to sign the Brazilian striker Alexandre Pato from AC Milan which would have funded Tévez’s transfer to the Italian club. Terms have been agreed between the player and Milan, with vice-president Adriano Galliani having held extensive talks with Joorabchian, but the club had initially hoped to secure him on a loan deal with a view to a permanent £18 million transfer — which was resisted by City.

City are adamant that they will only consider the permanent sale of Tévez during the January transfer window and talks have also taken place with Inter Milan who are understood to have made an offer of around £21 million. Juventus have also held discussions with City but have yet to make a bid. Inter’s offer fell below City’s valuation for the Argentine, who has not played for them since a disagreement with manager Roberto Mancini during September’s Champions League tie away to Bayern Munich.

That clash led to a final breakdown in Mancini’s relationship with Tévez who was subsequently told he would not play for City again. Tévez and his family have been in Argentina since before Christmas, with City’s understanding, and are not due to return to England until his transfer is agreed.

The 27 year-old is expected to be the subject of revised bids by both Milan clubs before the transfer window closes and it is hoped by all parties that a deal can be agreed for him to leave City. Given that Milan have already agreed terms with Tévez it would appear that they remain the favourites to sign him although it will have to be a permanent deal. PSG have more money available with Ancelotti told he can spend around €70 million (£58 million) during this window with more to follow in the summer.

Ancelotti has, again, spoken warmly of Tévez. This week he said: “Tévez is a player I really like, he is fantastic. If we want to play at a high level, we must act well in the market, looking for players who can give us a hand.”

The fact that Ancelotti agreed to become PSG’s coach, succeeding Antoine Kombouaré, could be a significant factor in persuading Tévez to join him in Paris. PSG have discussed a move for Real Madrid’s Kaka but missed out on David Beckham who today is expected to agree a new contract with LA Galaxy and remain in the United States until the end of his career.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp would like to sign Tévez, but it is understood that chairman Daniel Levy will not sanction a move, largely because of the player’s wages, while Chelsea retain an interest but are unlikely to attempt to outbid either PSG or the two Milan clubs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9024252/Carlos-Tevez-adviser-off-to-France-to-discuss-move-to-Paris-St-Germain-for-Manchester-City-striker.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... riker.html</a>

Telegraph has the highest accuracy rate regarding transfers of any of the English papers.

Could be something in it..

bluemoondays said:
Jumanji said:
Marvin said:
I think we're largely happy with the players we have?
Well, of course. How could we not be, mate?! :-)
Yeah, strange feeling isn't it :D

I still think we could do with 2-3 signings but I'm not stressing about it as in previous windows.

I think transfer windows may get a bit boring after this summer, just looking for the list of kids we'll be signing for the academy plus maybe 1 player for squad refresh per summer window. At least our net spend will improve over the next few years.........
Yeah, the feeling I have now is that a few quality signings to bolster certain positions would be brilliant, but for the first time in years, I'm not really too anxious to bring anyone in. So yep, I'm feeling the same as you are.

No doubt that future windows will be very boring. We've had accelerated investment these last few years with transfers, and after the summer it will just be about maintaining what we have with the odd signing, and yes, watching the kids come through! :-)

As I was nearing the end of my post, I realised that I essentially just re-worded your post! :D

Fingers and toes crossed .....

Sumthin tells me it wont be that simple but Paris is the obvious destination really ..... suits both sides and theres no major financial obstacles like with Meelan.

mad zab said:
Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
Those who believe Tevez will sign for PSG are deluded.

And those who believe the French media as being the font of all knowledge... well, just well!

Can you go one day without being condescending to people on here?

PSG have just as good a chance as anyone. He was about to go and play in Brazil last year and now he has the world's second richest club willing to pay him a fortune to live and play in a great city. You have no idea what you're talking about in regards to his willingness to play for PSG, as none of us do, yet we all manage to have conversations about it without calling opposing people "deluded".

And why don't you look up AFP? They aren't exactly the Sun, they are the oldest and one of the most respectable news services on the planet.

Can't see why you take offence at that post Damocles?

After all he is entitled to his opinion.

I find it difficult to see Tevez move to PSG also, mainly because I think he would find it a backward step for his career.
My guess is a deal with Inter is the only probable solution, otherwise he will be going nowhere in January.

This has NOTHING TO do with a career... never ever had.
TEVEZ = CASH MACHINE For Kia
OK!

Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
Those who believe Tevez will sign for PSG are deluded.

And those who believe the French media as being the font of all knowledge... well, just well!

Can you go one day without being condescending to people on here?

PSG have just as good a chance as anyone. He was about to go and play in Brazil last year and now he has the world's second richest club willing to pay him a fortune to live and play in a great city. You have no idea what you're talking about in regards to his willingness to play for PSG, as none of us do, yet we all manage to have conversations about it without calling opposing people "deluded".

And why don't you look up AFP? They aren't exactly the Sun, they are the oldest and one of the most respectable news services on the planet.

Condescending?

Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment.

Didn't you get all giddy with a similar nonsensical story in the summer? Weren't you assuring everyone that the Italian press (another one of the most respectable news services on the planet, if I remember corectly!) weren't making up the story that Sneijder was set to sign for City? Less gullible people than you knew the story was bollocks, but you insisted, simply because of the source, that it was genuine.

You're doing the same again. Assuring everyone that the source wouldn't make stuff up.

It's funny that Tolmie stated a couple of weeks ago that there was no chance of Tevez going to PSG yet, not unsurprisingly, you didn't pick up on his comments!

For someone who is such a strong proponent of freedom of speech, you have a disappointingly contradictory view with people who may not agree with you.
I put it down to your youthful enthusiasm.

As for my views on Tevez... they are well recorded on here if anyone can be bothered to check them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.