Tevez - Whats the latest?

so. who thinks that mancini thought, off his own back, "I know, I'll ask Carlos round for a cuppa"

....or do we feel that this is all being very tightly controlled (on both sides) by a whole host of legal and pr experts.....

I ask you, who looks the **** if an "olive branch" has been held out, though discarded......

Danamy said:
I'm with Tolm on this as this has given the snake something else to feed off, i think a lot on here are underestimating Kia, but that's just my opinion.

I can see that point, Dan, but Mancini's gone up in my estimation for trying. Because of your last point, this whole all guns blazing approach makes me nervous. It can't be good for the club to go to war at such a crucial time in our development as a club.

I'm still hopeful that this meeting, despite the leak, hasn't really compromised us, and suggests the hint of a possibility of a resolution without the need for a media and courtroom war.

Danamy said:
cibaman said:
Danamy said:
If it was training issues it should of been sorted out at Carrington........closed doors!

When will we learn?

Carrington seems a bit lacking when it comes to closed doors. The suggestion that Mancini was trying to avoid a public confrontation in full view of the media actually seems quite plausible to me.

He should of told him to report to his office at Carrington on his first morning back to put him in the picture of his itinerary.

No room for spin or concern, everything played out as normal.

I'm with Tolm on this as this has given the snake something else to feed off, i think a lot on here are underestimating Kia, but that's just my opinion.
It's quite likely that if Tevez had been told to report to the office, he would have made sure to have the argument very loudly in front of as many people as possible.

Look, here's the truth of the situation. Any circumstance is liable to spin. There isn't any move or counter-move that can't be cast in whatever light you want to try and cast. If someone is determined to make something public, there's a way. This isn't a game of chess where suddenly your opponent stands in awed silence at your grandmaster's move. No, they just look at the situation and determine the best way to screw you over.

york away to this! said:
so. who thinks that mancini thought, off his own back, "I know, I'll ask Carlos round for a cuppa"

....or do we feel that this is all being very tightly controlled (on both sides) by a whole host of legal and pr experts.....

I ask you, who looks the **** if an "olive branch" has been held out, though discarded......
I have to agree Yorkie, this is great PR.

The impression given is that the meeting went along the lines of
Mancini: Hi Carlos, you know we hold all the cards but here's a chance to make yourself look slightly less of a ****, what do you say?

Tevez: I have no problem with looking a ****.

Mancini: Shame, carry on.

stony said:
Plain Speaking said:
stony said:
Just a shame we didn't get rid sooner. I'd rather have waited a couple more years for success than have that twat anywhere near city.
I cant agree with that. It seems an extreme attitude. Our fans have waited for some success for long enough.

On a personal level a couple of more years wouldn't have hurt.

-- Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
stony said:
I'd rather have waited a couple more years for success than have that twat anywhere near city.

Absolutely laughed at that.

As if there is a single City fan the length and breadth of the world who shares that opinion.

Speaking for every City fan in the world now Dave ?
On thi spoint I agree with Dave. Whilst I can understand where you are coming from stony, I would have sucked Rooney off to get the 35 years off our backs.

sweep said:
york away to this! said:

I have to agree Yorkie, this is great PR.

The impression given is that the meeting went along the lines of
Mancini: Hi Carlos, you know we hold all the cards but here's a chance to make yourself look slightly less of a ****, what do you say?

Tevez: I have no problem with looking a ****.

Mancini: Shame, carry on.

this is completley incorrect and has been mis interpreted. What Tevez actually was " I am a ****" and he was NOT refusing to "look a ****". Simple misunderstanding !

strongbowholic said:
In a disciplinary at work, if a manager wanted to get you out the company, he/she has to prove all reasonable attempts at resolving the issue have been made, with the last resort being "off you pop".

I read all this as Mancini further strengthening his position personally. He can demonstrate he had gone over there and offered him the chance to return to training by simply offering an apology. Tevez refused.

Game over?
I feel impelled to agree with you here. The fact Mancini invited him into his house can only stand him in good stead in terms of "attempting to resolve" everything.

taconinja said:
Danamy said:
cibaman said:
Carrington seems a bit lacking when it comes to closed doors. The suggestion that Mancini was trying to avoid a public confrontation in full view of the media actually seems quite plausible to me.

He should of told him to report to his office at Carrington on his first morning back to put him in the picture of his itinerary.

It's quite likely that if Tevez had been told to report to the office, he would have made sure to have the argument very loudly in front of as many people as possible.

If this would of happened it wouldn't of been the first or last time an arguement or disagreement between player and manager had occured in the managers office and they haven't made the media.

As i said it's a normal enviroment where things happen at a place of work, nothing out of the ordinary or untoward.

If my boss wants to let me know what i'm doing the next day he certainly doesn't invite me around his house to tell me?.......or is it just me?

Didsbury Dave said:
stony said:
Plain Speaking said:
I cant agree with that. It seems an extreme attitude. Our fans have waited for some success for long enough.

On a personal level a couple of more years wouldn't have hurt.

-- Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
Absolutely laughed at that.

As if there is a single City fan the length and breadth of the world who shares that opinion.

Speaking for every City fan in the world now Dave ?

I'd say yes, on this issue. It's a nonsense point anyway.

You dont speak for me, and never say you speak for me either.

Danamy said:
taconinja said:
Danamy said:

If this would of happened it wouldn't of been the first or last time an arguement or disagreement between player and manager had occured in the managers office and they haven't made the media.

As i said it's a normal enviroment where things happen at a place of work, nothing out of the ordinary or untoward.

If my boss wants to let me know what i'm doing the next day he certainly doesn't invite me around his house to tell me?.......or is it just me?
Haven't made the media? Carlos would have sprinted for the doors to get to the media to howl in outrage about how he flew back in good faith only to be surprised at returning to work that he's been exiled. This isn't about where Tevez trains. It's about perception and public opinion on both sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.