Texas court halts sale of Dippers

jimbo101 said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Agreed.

Say 50,000 paying £50 a ticket = 2.5 million revenue
or 70,000 paying £35 a ticket = 2.45 million revenue

add in an extra 20,000 people buying food + drink etc

Makes sense to me.

Not sure it makes much sense to me i'm afraid. How much do you reckon a stadium enlargement would cost? £60-70M. Plus the lost revenue/reduced capacity whilst the works are ongoing. All this to take £50k less on a matchday.
70,000 paying £45 a ticket = 3.15M. That makes sense.

My figures weren't set in stone. Just showing an increase in capacity with a reduction in the ticket prices to make sure it gets filled.

Skashion said:
I'm fairly confident raising the prices of ordinary fan's season tickets is not on the agenda. I'd expect any rises to be close to inflation. They wouldn't do £95 for kids, 18-21 prices, and value seasoncards for £250 if big price rises were on the agenda. I did the maths after the accounts were published and on last year's figures, season ticket sales rose 13.8% but revenue only went up by 10.3%. For a start, it would make little difference to revenue in the grand scheme of things. Right now, the money generated from season ticket sales is £9.6m. So, say we doubled prices across the board. That would take prices in the East and CB stands to £1,000 or more for an adult, on a par with the most expensive of the London clubs, and yet we'd only net £9.6m from that assuming the club could find the people to pay it. More money to be generated elsewhere and far less painfully than that. Our owners have shown they give a shit about us. Comparing us to the rags being anally raped is beyond ridiculous.
Well the price of mine is set to rocket... East Stand Level 2. I'm an ordinary fan.

Ricster said:
ssg2 said:
How are any fans to blame? ridiculous statement. Its the people at the top who claim to be football fans who are to blame.
I hate liverpool with a passion but so see this happening is a disgrace, our league is being ripped apart by foreign investors whose sole purpose is to make money, they don't care about the fans and certainly not the local fans.

The coolmore lot would have sold regardless of what happened with fergie or the fans, they stood to make a hefty sum and did exactly that.
Your owner is the exceptional to the rule and you are seeing the benefits of that now, I still believe he will want some investment back in the coming years regardless of his wealth....expect to see your local wythenshawe lads (an example) who could easily afford a season ticket to be replaced by the local chinese population when season tickets go through the roof.

The coolmore lot that you refer to sold because your beloved Fergie tried to screw them over on the stud rights of Rock of Gibralter.

Dont blame them, blame your arsehole of a manager.

So it was nothing to do with the millions they made? Fergie is certainly no angel and his timing was great with the horse (not van nistelrooy) but it certianly wasn't his fault, the irish would have sold regardless, they made a mint.
If there is blame anywhere and I will repeat it was the men right at the top.

Prestwich_Blue said:
wearethesouthstand said:
then david conn from the guardian on talksport today saying foreign owners are bad for football... actually dave you are wrong mate, ours are brill
I was out for a drink with David last year. He commented then that he thought the situation at City was wonderful. So he has no qualms about our owners.

And it seems H&G are in court in Texas claiming that RBS/LFC are in contempt of court by trying to get their injunction over-turned in an English court.

What an absolute laughing stock.

yes dave conn is a blue , i remember him turning up at a FREE THE 30,000 meeting in swinton and tried to talk everyone into setting up a supporters trust and buying the club off franny lee

ssg2 said:
dannybcity said:
Rags have been moaning for years about the price of season tickets and how difficult it is to get hold of one, this started happening way before the Chelsea take over so how is rising ticket prices the result of foriegn investment. Just because you and Liverpool have been fucked by it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing for everyone else. A bad owner is a bad owner.

Everyone has been fucked on prices not just united and liverpool, arsenal want £1500 for a season ticket...the only clubs who still offer affordable tickets are the ones who get shit crowds, for me thats not acceptable. What families can now go and watch football...rich ones or ones who support crap teams, once the success comes the men at the top bleed you dry.

Everyone hasn't been fucked on prices me old son £450 for a season / £25 per game, personally I think that's fine!

southern muppet said:
The Fixer said:
Why are the liverpool board and RBS refusing to listen/sit down to peter lim's offer for the club?

Something stinks to me........

It's weird, I reckon there's a conflict of interest somewhere down the line. Maybe RBS are lending Henry Red Sox some of the money at a higher interest rate?

I`ve seen somewhere on twitter that RBS are helping fund NESV`s buy Liverpool.
So like you say it is a conflict of interest,or sounds like it.

The Pink Panther said:
The Fixer said:
Why are the liverpool board and RBS refusing to listen/sit down to peter lim's offer for the club?

Something stinks to me........

Perhaps they knew it was utter bullshit

The liverpool board said it had received 2 excellent offers for the club 1 from Asia.... which is Peter Lim so that would throw the they thought it was bullshoit out of the water yes?

ssg2 said:
So it was nothing to do with the millions they made? Fergie is certainly no angel and his timing was great with the horse (not van nistelrooy) but it certianly wasn't his fault, the irish would have sold regardless, they made a mint.
If there is blame anywhere and I will repeat it was the men right at the top.

You might want to look closer to home. The Glazers were a mess entirely of your own making.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/115884/Rugby-round-up.html

Reap the whirlwind. :-D

whipper said:
southern muppet said:
It's weird, I reckon there's a conflict of interest somewhere down the line. Maybe RBS are lending Henry Red Sox some of the money at a higher interest rate?

I`ve seen somewhere on twitter that RBS are helping fund NESV`s buy Liverpool.
So like you say it is a conflict of interest,or sounds like it.

Well that certainly does stink if that's the case, as i said a few pages back to me it appeared liverpool and RBS were very much in bed together!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.