TFM and David Villa

moomba said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
Because in his first 7 games for us he scored 5 goals, what's so difficult to understand?

That wasn't what was said. And instead of being an untrue stat, it's a pointless one.

If we ignore matches where people don't score, everyone is a great forward.

At the risk of entering a private quarrel, moomba, that is exactly what was said; 5 in his first seven games. 1 v Newcastle, 1 v Boro, 1 v Liverpool, 2 v FC Copenhagen(H); and none v FC Copenhagen (A), Stoke and Pompey. That's his first seven games; I can't understand your point about ignoring matches, however you look at it, that's all his first seven games and none have been left out!

Rösler's Dad said:
moomba said:
That wasn't what was said. And instead of being an untrue stat, it's a pointless one.

If we ignore matches where people don't score, everyone is a great forward.

At the risk of entering a private quarrel, moomba, that is exactly what was said; 5 in his first seven games. 1 v Newcastle, 1 v Boro, 1 v Liverpool, 2 v FC Copenhagen(H); and none v FC Copenhagen (A), Stoke and Pompey. That's his first seven games; I can't understand your point about ignoring matches, however you look at it, that's all his first seven games and none have been left out!

Don't really want to prolong this particular debate either, depends which way you take it. When fit, he scored 4/5 in 11 and the initial post was wrong. Or he had a run of 7 games where he scored 5 goals, which as I posted earlier is a pretty pointless stat.

1141 BST: Real Madrid say they have wrapped up their summer spending spree with the transfer of Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, ruling out a move for Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery or Valencia forward David Villa. (Associated Press) - Wednesday's Gossip Column on Guardian Sport website.

Is this the time to make a renewed bid for David Villa?

overthebluemoon said:
1141 BST: Real Madrid say they have wrapped up their summer spending spree with the transfer of Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, ruling out a move for Bayern Mu**ch winger Franck Ribery or Valencia forward David Villa. (Associated Press) - Wednesday's Gossip Column on Guardian Sport website.

Why would Villa want to come to us? We can't attract the top players just yet. If he were to become available there is only 1 or 2 clubs he would go to here, Liverpool and the Red Sox. Plus, we don't need anymore strikers.

Pigeonho said:
overthebluemoon said:
1141 BST: Real Madrid say they have wrapped up their summer spending spree with the transfer of Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, ruling out a move for Bayern Mu**ch winger Franck Ribery or Valencia forward David Villa. (Associated Press) - Wednesday's Gossip Column on Guardian Sport website.

Why would Villa want to come to us? We can't attract the top players just yet. If he were to become available there is only 1 or 2 clubs he would go to here, Liverpool and the Red Sox. Plus, we don't need anymore strikers.
Exactly, we can't attract top players, i mean c'mon Robinho and Tevez are turd aren't they? i mean, one of them cost realy madrid 20 million pounds when he was a teenager and was part of the real Galactico's, and another rejected a contract to play for man united for 5 years becoming one of there best players ;).
But i agree, Villa will not come to the premier league. I think after lescott we will only improve our youth with players like elm etc, however have a sneaky feeling we may make a random signing like robben, and it really wouldn't surprise me if Barcelona re increasing messi's buy out clause because of an enquiry from us, if we were willing to pay 108 million for kaka, 130 is nothing for messi, i bet they were working full speed to negotiate a new deal with him.

Blue Phil said:
Pigeonho said:
Exactly, we can't attract top players, i mean c'mon Robinho and Tevez are turd aren't they? i mean, one of them cost realy madrid 20 million pounds when he was a teenager and was part of the real Galactico's, and another rejected a contract to play for man united for 5 years becoming one of there best players ;).
But i agree, Villa will not come to the premier league. I think after lescott we will only improve our youth with players like elm etc, however have a sneaky feeling we may make a random signing like robben, and it really wouldn't surprise me if Barcelona re increasing messi's buy out clause because of an enquiry from us, if we were willing to pay 108 million for kaka, 130 is nothing for messi, i bet they were working full speed to negotiate a new deal with him.

Sorry dude, but I can counteract that by quoting Kaka, Eto'o and Terry.... 3 players who are on a different league to the ones you quoted. There are certain players, top players, who will come as has been proven, but there is a band of elite players, i.e Kaka, Terry, Eto'o, Torres, Gerrard, Villa etc who won't give us the time of day. They won't even give Chelsea the time of day just yet, (Terry aside, obviously), as not even they have been able to ever make a so called marquee signing, so we have absolutely no chance whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.