Thank you Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry

Hope they both play Premier League football next season so they can fully appreciate how much we appreciated their service.

I, for one, will provide a standing ovation for their pre-match line up announcements.

Once a Blue, ALWAYS a Blue!

Vienna_70 said:
As the thread title suggests, I think it is only fitting that these two great servants of Manchester City Football Club have their own appreciation thread, now that their release by the club has been confirmed.

Gareth Barry was the modern-day equivalent of Alan Oakes; there can be no greater compliment, IMHO. He went about his job with the minimum of fuss and was never appreciated by many City fans (and followers of other clubs). Indeed, we spoke to an Everton supporter as we were all on the way to our respective matches (I think it was the night we played Sunderland and the Toffees played Palace) and he admitted that he didn't want Gareth to join Everton, but now, he hopes he signs a permanent deal with them.

Joleon Lescott formed a fantastic partnership with Vinnie and at times, JoLo was the better of the two, IMHO. These two, along with GB, were the principal reason that Joe Hart won the first two of his three consecutive Golden Glove awards. And although Joleon's appearances in the first team have been restricted over the last two seasons, he never complained or went crying to the press, as some would have done.

So thank you for all you did for our great club, Gareth and Joleon.

Your contribution to our rise will never be forgotten.

Great post, sums it up perfectly.

England could have done alot worse than take them both to Brazil this summer.

Top players, top professionals who I have never seen ever give less than 100% whilst playing for City.

Good luck to them both in the future

ChicagoBlue said:
Hope they both play Premier League football next season so they can fully appreciate how much we appreciated their service.

I, for one, will provide a standing ovation for their pre-match line up announcements.

I agree! Hopefully they play in the Premier League next season!

DutchCitizen said:
ChicagoBlue said:

I agree! Hopefully they play in the Premier League next season!

I don't, I hate seeing former players line up against us. I'd rather they get lucrative contracts abroad.

Off the 14 players who brought us our first trophy in 35 years against Stoke City, the departure of these two means that half of those players have now left the playing staff. The end of an era ?

De Jong, Balotelli, Tevez, AJ, Viera, Lescott and Barry are all gone.

Hart, Zabs, Kolorov, Richards, Vinny, Yaya and Silva thankfully still remain. Sadly; Micah more than likely not for long.

Joleon; even though we were massively ripped off on the Transfer fee was simply an 8/10 in almost every game he played in.

Barry; was even better. If he played well, City played well. I have literally lost count of the amount of conversations I have had with Everton fans that have ended with me saying;

"I told you so".

Ric needs to re-post his blog "your the one for me Barry" and do one about Lescott as well.

blue12 said:
Vienna_70 said:
As the thread title suggests, I think it is only fitting that these two great servants of Manchester City Football Club have their own appreciation thread, now that their release by the club has been confirmed.

Gareth Barry was the modern-day equivalent of Alan Oakes; there can be no greater compliment, IMHO. He went about his job with the minimum of fuss and was never appreciated by many City fans (and followers of other clubs). Indeed, we spoke to an Everton supporter as we were all on the way to our respective matches (I think it was the night we played Sunderland and the Toffees played Palace) and he admitted that he didn't want Gareth to join Everton, but now, he hopes he signs a permanent deal with them.

Joleon Lescott formed a fantastic partnership with Vinnie and at times, JoLo was the better of the two, IMHO. These two, along with GB, were the principal reason that Joe Hart won the first two of his three consecutive Golden Glove awards. And although Joleon's appearances in the first team have been restricted over the last two seasons, he never complained or went crying to the press, as some would have done.

Hear hear
Big thanks to both for the part they have played on our road to world domination .
Careful with the "world domination" mate, you'll have Hugh McIlvanney on the phone.

Vienna_70 said:

Great post.

Good luck to them both as they were great for City

Rascal said:
When I see our old players return to the Etihad be it Sun Jihai or Shaun Goater they are always remembered with great affection and accorded utmost respect.

Im sure if Joleon, GazBaz and Costel return someday we will all acknowledge the part they played and the three of them are forever written into the history of our great club.

I wish them all the very best wherever the future lies and would like to thank them for the huge contribution they have made towards making the last few years the greatest of my 46 years watching City.

As a fellow "46 years supporting City " fan I agree with your comments 100%. All 3 made significant contributions to where the team are today and I wish them all the best for the remainder of their footballing careers.
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.