Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

Good move all round. £30m is great money for a 32yo and Riyad can walk away with his head held high.

I think a lot of the "FFS" was about what he wasn't. He wasn't quick, he wasn't direct, he wasn't aggressive. His first touch was incredible but it never seemed to take a defender out of the game like a Foden or Bernardo touch could. I'd say he was an 8/10 player in a team full of absolute monsters and sometimes suffered by comparison, but there's no denying his contribution to our success.

Sorry to see him go. I've really enjoyed watching him over the years and he played some of his best football in big champions league games. As others have said, it is fair comment that he was frustrating at times, but he was a really important player, who contributed a lot for us and his first touch was incredible! Good luck to him with his next move.

Good luck Riyad!

I like the way he used to come out of the tunnel for the pre-match warm-up thing by doing a little sprint (sometimes including step-overs!) onto the pitch, which I sort of think I would have done had I been selected - or, say, come on as a sub.

Another great signing, really. It's worked out well for everyone involved.

He would be a fool to turn that contract down, good luck moving forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.