Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

Sad day.

You have given me so much joy and, God knows, I have defended you the best I could. You'll be loved. Go get those Asian Cup and World Cup for Al-Ahli and another African Cup for beautiful Algeria.

So long, Riyad!
He did well but I'd rather have seen Benarbia in his prime playing for City.

Any player over thirty who is struggling for minutes must surely be thinking about the future, and if City get a good return for their investment it just adds to the transfer kitty. Mahrez has been an asset, just like Gundogan. Hopefully we can find suitable younger replacements during the window, but we already have some promising Academy players coming through. If we could get the Gvardiol signing over the line and one other defender, assuming Laporte, Walker and Cancelo leave, I think we will be OK, but Benado must stay

£30m for a 32yr old. Yes please

Sorry to see him go, his control was a thing of beauty.

Add this to the rest of our transfer kitty along with £19m for Trafford, £330m treble money etc were nearly at £400m

We should put a cheeky bid in for Johnny Fucking Evans…….oh hold on!!!!!

Our most important player in our maiden UCL final run. Such an important cog in our system for the last few years and I do really feel he will be so difficult to replace as he has a very unique profile. Often gone under the radar and a seemingly humble character. Credit to himself and to us as a club.

Imo, too good to waste his remarkable talent in KSA.

The best first touch in world football and unplayable on his day.

Leaving one season too soon but with a good reputation and on good terms.

I will definitely miss him (we have lost two of our next best penalty takers other than Haaland) but it does make sense to let him leave for a new challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.