Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

don’t know if it’s already been covered, but does anyone think this all started back in the January transfer window ? It looked like he was gonna do the usual kick on in terms of output & performance, then his performances dropped off & he was out of the team, a few token minutes in the cup final was all he got in the end of season run in…,maybe the club got wind & Pep decided to go with others, I was sat near his entourage at the cup final & they all looked pissed, including him

We got the best out of Mahrez esp. when he was age 29-31, some of his performances were sublime. We have now got a decent fee and the difference of the purchase and sale value represents outstanding business. I believe it was exactly the right time for him to go. It perhaps wasn't fair and he hated being left out of the big games at the end of the year but that is how modern sport goes. Pep went with what he felt was our best option and was proved spot on when that lineup delivered.

For me you could see frustration last season. I think his frustration meant that when he played sometimes he would demand taking free kicks and even pens when really you have to get Kev and Erling on most. When I played it was annoying when you are clearing your mind to deliver a set piece and one of your teammates is hanging around wanting to take it. I could see that with Kev esp.

As I said we got his prime years and this move has worked for all. on a related note, I am glad I will not have to suffer personal abuse from some of his most ardent fans on social media when I was slightly critical of him when he was off form.

Overall a great bit of business to buy him when we did and I am sure most fans will wish him all the best on his new adventure. Thank you and we move on with younger players who will now get more mins - unless we buy someone from left field that no-one knows about...

4 years contract on high wages. I wish he were still here but can't blame him to take it, esp. at his age.

Arguably a year too soon but it's good money and whilst i predict he will be sorely missed, much more than many are predicting, he's no longer pivotal to the side and its an acceptable transfer. Good luck to him, gave us 5 fantastic years, very underrated amongst both our fans and the wider footballing fanbase.

I do believe it's crucial we replace him with ready made quality though, if we're going from potentiallu bringing mahrez off for a foden or the other way around to bringing a foden off for a bobb/palmer this season, we've weakened ourselves drastically. Not replacing him will be a. Ig mistake.

Amazing first touch. Good luck Riyad. Prob the right time to go for all concerned.
And i agree that we shud look for a quality replacement as feel young boys not ready for a whole season. Need some quality experience in his position. Phil gonna be more central i think this season

don’t know if it’s already been covered, but does anyone think this all started back in the January transfer window ? It looked like he was gonna do the usual kick on in terms of output & performance, then his performances dropped off & he was out of the team, a few token minutes in the cup final was all he got in the end of season run in…,maybe the club got wind & Pep decided to go with others, I was sat near his entourage at the cup final & they all looked pissed, including him
He got zero minutes in either final, I don't blame him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.