Thanks Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while he was head & shoulders better than any other player in the league.
One of the best players we've ever seen at Manchester City and in English football.
Best of luck YaYa

Pep seem to indicate a special farewell to Yaya before or after the Brighton game. A big goodbye cake perhaps? :)

Was an unbelievable player but forever tainted his legacy, hiding behind his proxy agent.

Has mugged our club off since 2014.

He'll be up there with the likes of Franny and Buzzer, but not Bell, and that's on him.

That will rightfully go to David Silva.

Wasted his last few years, a failing of both us and the player.

Serious question as you have your sources: did Yaya really mug City off as you put it or was he badly affected by his younger brother's death? That sort of thing can have quite an impact on people and one that lingers.

Yaya, Silva and KDB are all primarily central midfield players but all quite different. So I don't think it matters who is actually the best of the bunch - although it's a good talking point - but we have been very fortunate to get to watch them play for City and there can be no doubt that all three are among the most talented players ever to have worn the sky blue.

Yaya's all round ability, both technically and physically, makes him perhaps the most complete footballer I have seen at City, up there with the likes of Bell and Lake; and now KDB.

The list of Yaya's crucial contributions to City's recent success does not need repeating but I do consider it unmatched by any other City player. His 2013/14 season was as good as anything I've seen in terms of a single season performance from one City player.

Someone who actually merited the description awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.