That’s it, problem solved.

paulkidd

To all the loyal supporters who have attended like myself over the last 35 years week in week out, I’m sorry to say but I’m bowing out and wish you all the best with this and up and coming seasons.
Reason being the dreadful experience I had forced upon me at home against Southampton.
let me explain if you will, over the many years in the Kippax and South stand, I upgraded to corporate in the 1894 suite. Now those who attend that suite will know it is what I would call at the bottom of the barrel corporate wise, looking more like a truckers diner. However it does have the best seats opposite the owners which make up for the shabby surrounds and awful food on offer.
So back to the match which was if you remember on what was the warmest day we’ve had in years, me and my business partner got dropped off as we were making a day of it and intended to drink a lot more etc. Everyone was happy and excited as we past security and entered the main entrance, that was until I saw this guy run like the clappers from the back wall to confront me. “Your not coming in here dressed like that” looking confused I asked whoever not ? “Shorts - no Shorts”. No don’t get me wrong I had no idea you couldn’t wear shorts as this was probably the first time ever I had wore any. These were cotton dress shorts not football or the cloth type, together with a shirt and loafers shoes.
I explained I hadn’t any idea and would never wear them again, but this guy a proper jobsworth was having none of it, I asked what were my option on which he replied get some tracksuit bottoms from Asda. I mean Asda tracky bottoms really ☹️.
As we were meeting up with people for a meal and wasnt getting anywhere with this guy, I set off to the supporters store to buy some from there if they had any to fit me. Being 5ft 5” my legs are not the longest and nothing ever fits me lol. I did however find a pair on the rack rather expensive by hey ho needs must. Off I walked to the changing rooms to try them on. Only to be told there are no changing rooms open today. What am I to do I asked, you’ll have to change outside was the reply.
much to the amusement of the 1000’s of fans outside City square I was down to my undies and put the Tracky bottoms on with my loafer, no those who can remember Max Wall will understand how I looked, and the looks and laughter from the aether fans never stopped. I felt like digging a hole and jumping in it.

We finally got into the suite although to late to get our meal, but just time for a pint. I spent 10 minutes explaining why I looked like I did, and everyone agreed Tracky bottoms look far worse than shorts. We made our way to the seats and got ready for the game, I looked around to see at least half a dozen fans with shorts on which made me fume as you can understand. I did manage to take a sneaky photo of one in Adidas shorts with stripes on the side, I could hardly walk round taking photos here and there without getting into trouble.

HT came and into the suite I went to confront our corporate manager who was nowhere to be seen, I found out later she was off on the day.

At full time I pointed out others in shorts walking out to the staff on the door, they apologised and said they must have got through on the quiet etc.
They said a memo should have been sent out on the day but someone forgot to send it.
Now it’s not the money I had to part with or the meal I missed, it’s just down to the embarrassing position I was put in by to me is a crazy rule. I’m 60 in a couple of months and can do without being made to look like a stupid clown for anyone.

Dress shorts are smart dress and worn by both men and women and should be allowed on such days, footy shorts and tracksuit bottoms are a no.
I see the state of some of the players guests heading towards their private boxes and they look a state. The update rule says no shorts or tracksuits which I presume excludes track suit bottoms. You couldn’t make it up honest. So it’s one rule for them and one rule for us, and on that note I will not put another penny in the clubs coffers, not that they need it. I will be giving my seat to friends to attend as the last thing we need is more empty seats. My complaint has been sent in to my corporate assistant, who’s hands are tied. Not that I blame her one bit, at the end of the day if half a dozen fans turned up in shorts and were told not to do it again would it really matter.

Take care all you City fans, love City and always will although from a distance from now on.

PK
********************************************************************************
below my reply to you all after 150 post reply’s

Thank you all for your remarks even the funny ones, I can laugh at my self at the best of times. You’ve given me a lot to think over, there are three loves in my life, City, Music and my wife and family. That’s the way it’s been and will stay, also just to confirm since that day website details on dress codes have been updated along with our new app details which are sent to your phone. I didn’t know there were toilets in the City square or I would have used them for sure. The staff at City are fantastic with us and the guy who confronted me was doing his job I know, if it hadn’t been for others around me wearing shorts then I wouldn’t have bothered either. The memo that wasn’t sent on the day to supporters was probably not sent due to a mix up, i just thought everyone should know what’s allowed.

thank you all again here on Blue Moon the best fan site in the U.K.

Last edited:
It was a prick that acted like a prick. I don't think a club can be blamed for the actions of one individual.

I would have asked for his name, took evidence in the form of photos, asked other users if they were put out by your shorts and taken testimonials. I would not have left the area until I had spoken to a manager written to the club stating my embarrassment and laid out clearly what compensation I required.

Good luck in your retirement, life is short.

Always loved your posts, I'll swap you a ticket in 315 for yours, shorts are fine up there although can be a little chilly ;)

Seriously, the club has lost it's way and is pettiness personified. Those staff giving you grief should have been in SS3, every time the away bit is full of City fans, fans wonder around for ages (reading signs isn't in their minds) and we end up telling them to go down the tunnel and across, not that they take much notice. A few officials could make their day better giving directions but there's never any stewards or official staff around....until HT when we can't get out into the concourse for the fuckers blocking the tunnel talking.

I hope one bad experience doesn't put you off hopefully you'll realise what you'll miss.

It was a prick that acted like a prick. I don't think a club can be blamed for the actions of one individual.

I would have asked for his name, took evidence in the form of photos, asked other users if they were put out by your shorts and taken testimonials. I would not have left the area until I had spoken to a manager written to the club stating my embarrassment and laid out clearly what compensation I required.

Good luck in your retirement, life is short.
I have sent in my complaint and with the photo etc, I won’t put the photo on here as it would be right on that fan.

A staff member has behaved like a twat, loads of fans treated with contempt by the club, but swallow your pride mate and don’t let twats destroy what is most important, 60 years of being a Blue. The club won’t give a fuck about you but you give a fuck about the club.

As a footnote, when Pep wonders why we don’t always sell out, this kind of shoddy treatment of lifelong fans is one of the reasons

A terrible experience and no way to treat any supporter, let alone someone of your age and time put in.

Sounds like a right prick this person.

Don't give this jobsworth the satisfaction of ending your journey with City, although I do get the various hurdles and pathetic customer service which I have also encountered this season.

I also wore smart dress shorts that day, but I had a ticket for 93:20, and I'd have told them to get to fuck.

If nothing else, ask for a refund on the pants you were told to purchase, the embarrassment you were caused.

A staff member has behaved like a twat, loads of fans treated with contempt by the club, but swallow your pride mate and don’t let twats destroy what is most important, 60 years of being a Blue. The club won’t give a fuck about you but you give a fuck about the club.

As a footnote, when Pep wonders why we don’t always sell out, this kind of shoddy treatment of lifelong fans is one of the reasons
i only wish this message could be read by Pep, I’m sure he would sort them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.