That family stand empty section post half time

The thing is, this thread is going to get bumped again after the West Ham game. Probably by me as I've tried to get a couple of tickets together for my mate and his son and there's nothing at all available in that stand apparently. Let's see how many empty seats there are on the night.
There will be at least one empty - next to me. My son doesn’t do midweek for obvious reasons - school being 220 mile away and so when he doesn’t go I just leave the seat empty and stretch out. Better than getting about £7 back or whatever pitiful amount 1/19 is for his ticket. Saying that he goes to almost all weekends home and away and if I had to pay £500 (for example) for his ticket when he was about 7 or 8 I probably wouldn’t have bothered. City try and get kids in young and I think that’s great. He wouldn’t now (14) want to do all home and away had I not taken him at 8. (Of course, had he been around in the 1980s and early 90s I think this dedication re: distance even for home games may have been a bit harder... :-)

More embarrassing than empty seats (incidentally if you get embarrassed by a seat not being sat in then you’ve probably got serious self esteem issues) is the number of adults on here squealing about “sanctions” and “policing” of whether a six year old goes to a game or not.

When a game isn’t a 3pm Saturday kick off there tends to be more seats not used, that’s all that happens. The family stand is no worse than South level 3 or CB3 for that either.

Quite why it creates such hysteria is beyond me

Season ticket holders picking and choosing their games is a lack of commitment.... where as.... the game sells out weeks in advance and the empty seats could have been filled by people that genuinely wanted to be there? So, to clarify, that would be people who genuinely wanted to be there.... but couldn’t put in the commitment to buy the ticket a few weeks in advance would it as opposed to a season ticket holder who buys a ticket at he start of the season for all games?
ive made them all bar 1 game this year. but the amount of times our games get moved meaning people cant goto as many as theyd like.i give mine to my daughter or the ticket exchange though I guess some cant be arsed with the mither.

Most of them aren’t anything to do with cheaper seats though.... the family stand corner in particular. The club are giving away rows and rows of tickets to kids clubs and other groups.

I think it’s unfair on thousands of actual city fans. It says sold out on the website. Yet there’s loads of empty’s - always in the same block a lot of the time.

Most of these groups aren’t from Manchester and don’t support us Lots of young kids around east Manchester would love to be offered free tickets..

Giving tickets away to kids groups in the hope that leads to converting them to be City fans makes sense. I agree with your last point though - prioritise local kids

ive made them all bar 1 game this year. but the amount of times our games get moved meaning people cant goto as many as theyd like.i give mine to my daughter or the ticket exchange though I guess some cant be arsed with the mither.
Are you based in Southampton?

Sick to ******* death of that stand! Scored first goal yesterday and went ballistic jumping up and down whilst picking my little girl up.. looked around and I felt like the odd man out. Nobody within 20 feet radius looked remotely bothered with some light clapping, some couldn't even be arsed standing up. I swear now, if these are the new supporters we're attracting then I'd sooner be gone. Look at the goals in 2nd half then look at the lethargy in the crowd. Awful.
Level 2 /240 aint to bad.. You have the odd miserable fek who doesnt join in. Plenty off singing too on sunday.. I find most are a bit shy. But once my big gob gets heard most around me join in.

Become evident that these little pockets of empty seats have got nothing to do with families now showing up. It's little groups who are not showing, or oddly in the case of Sunday, not showing for the 2nd half only? Strange behaviour!

By the way a Family Stand is a requirement for Premier League clubs, although I don't think the PL specifies the size. "Each Club shall provide an area of its Stadium for the exclusive use of family groups and junior supporters". (Source: The Premier League Handbook)

Level 2 /240 aint to bad.. You have the odd miserable fek who doesnt join in. Plenty off singing too on sunday.. I find most are a bit shy. But once my big gob gets heard most around me join in.
Level 2 isn't bad at all, I've watched a few cup games from there. It's just the first 6 or 7 rows at the bottom tbh. I'm now thinking these tickets are the ones that are given away to clubs/ freebies/ etc but whatever the reason, it looks shite and adds nothing in atmosphere. We do need it sorting out. Safe standing would be brilliant but I'm not sure that's going to get passed for a little while yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.