Thatcher dead

hilts said:
mackenzie said:
hilts said:
Why would it offend me? I have heard much talk over the last few days of how Thatcher's time in office was to the detriment of the northern working classes and how she brought a shit storm on them and only southerners have any time for her

This is not the case in my experience which is all i have to go on, i have been through recessions and have always found employment as has everyone i know

The use of the word expected is key here, we didn't expect anything really, it was supposed to be so bad in the 80's we were just glad of a job and a few pints.

Just seems strange i never met anyone who was on the scapheap when there was so much of it going on

-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm --

My YTS paid a handsome 27.50 for 40 hours, bargain

And all I have too is my own experiences. One of which includes dealing with many who were victims of her ideology. If you were happy simply because you had a job and a pint then I can't even begin to understand that. Were you just happy with that?

At 18 a job so you can have a few pints with your mates is pretty much everything, nowadays i have my health, wife, a son and a roof over my head. not sure what more you can expect in life, i have fluctuated between being skint and doing average all my life

The reason i have not done more money wise is all down to me no one else, i have never felt the need to chase money i aint motivated by it at all

some people struggle through no fault of their own, in my experience this is a minority, most are where they are because of the choices they have made, you can admit or blame someone else

In that case I have to say we aren't that different in how we see life.

Maybe I just saw things differently in the bigger picture because of the job I was in.

hilts said:
mackenzie said:
hilts said:
Why would it offend me? I have heard much talk over the last few days of how Thatcher's time in office was to the detriment of the northern working classes and how she brought a shit storm on them and only southerners have any time for her

This is not the case in my experience which is all i have to go on, i have been through recessions and have always found employment as has everyone i know

The use of the word expected is key here, we didn't expect anything really, it was supposed to be so bad in the 80's we were just glad of a job and a few pints.

Just seems strange i never met anyone who was on the scapheap when there was so much of it going on

-- Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm --

My YTS paid a handsome 27.50 for 40 hours, bargain

And all I have too is my own experiences. One of which includes dealing with many who were victims of her ideology. If you were happy simply because you had a job and a pint then I can't even begin to understand that. Were you just happy with that?

At 18 a job so you can have a few pints with your mates is pretty much everything, nowadays i have my health, wife, a son and a roof over my head. not sure what more you can expect in life, i have fluctuated between being skint and doing average all my life

The reason i have not done more money wise is all down to me no one else, i have never felt the need to chase money i aint motivated by it at all

some people struggle through no fault of their own, in my experience this is a minority, most are where they are because of the choices they have made, you can admit or blame someone else

You were actually fortunate to have parents subsidising you then.

Some of us were kicked out at 17 and a few pints were a definite luxury faced with rent and bills on low pay (as was affording City)

Not everyone lives the same as you and it is worthwhile remembering that I find.

mancityvstoke said:
hilts said:
mackenzie said:

Some of us were kicked out at 17 and a few pints were a definite luxury faced with rent and bills on low pay (as was affording City)

Not everyone lives the same as you and it is worthwhile remembering that I find.

So it was Thatcher's fault you were kicked out of home at 17, maybe you could tell me what party in any country in the world in the history of mankind guarantees a 17 old a job that will pay rent bills food and enough left over to go and watch football

hilts said:
mancityvstoke said:
hilts said:

So it was Thatcher's fault you were kicked out of home at 17, maybe you could tell me what party in any country in the world in the history of mankind guarantees a 17 old a job that will pay rent bills food and enough left over to go and watch football

I worked 7 days a week at a Japanese Electronics company......used to sell stuff on the side too. Then get a shitty bedsit in Levenshulme with a slot meter for leccy.

Not too hard.

Thatchers fault I left home young? When the fuck did I say that? Stop lying.

I thought Tebbits speech in the House of Lords very touching, and Rifkind's very funny.

It's good to hear anectdotes.

It makes people human.

mancityvstoke said:
hilts said:
mancityvstoke said:

I worked 7 days a week at a Japanese Electronics company......used to sell stuff on the side too. Then get a shitty bedsit in Levenshulme with a slot meter for leccy.

Not too hard.

what are you on about you balloon, you mentioned you were kicked out at 17, this is a thatcher thread if it is not relevant why did you mention it

stonerblue said:
BluePurgatory said:
pominoz said:
I put my computer on in the morning and leave it on BM all day sorry,(not really).
May i also say, that life here is fucking brilliant, the prawns are huge and the sun shines everyday, suck it up Princess xxx

But if your life is so great, then why are you so miserable and bitter. Perhaps there is something missing :o)
give it a fuckin rest for fucks sake.

No! And if you think that using the F word makes you sound hard it doesn't.

hilts said:
mancityvstoke said:
hilts said:

Not too hard.

what are you on about you balloon, you mentioned you were kicked out at 17, this is a thatcher thread if it is not relevant why did you mention it

balloon? any need for kiddie insults?

By the way it was mentioned due to your saying \£27.50 was easy beer money for an 18 year old and all 18 year olds needed. Which is bollocks in some peoples lives

Stick to being mummys boy. Does she still give you spends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.