Thatcher dead

Blue Mist said:
The perfect fumble said:
Blue Mist said:
Ta, I will bring extra Larks Tongues for the brave soldiers who have already taken up the sword of freedom (if they can find it under all the dirty washing and empty crisp bags)

I might saunter down after my aroma therapy class. Will there be nibbles?

If you want to join the revolution you really must keep up, yes there will be nibbles.. larks tongues, we are all out of wolfs nipple chips and Tuscany fried bats.

Clearly an SWP members, they were always of the pace.

LittleStan said:
Blue Mist said:
The perfect fumble said:
I might saunter down after my aroma therapy class. Will there be nibbles?

If you want to join the revolution you really must keep up, yes there will be nibbles.. larks tongues, we are all out of wolfs nipple chips and Tuscany fried bats.

Clearly an SWP members, they were always of the pace.

Well, the 70's was a long time ago, though I still drag the space hopper out for tantric sex.

Has anyone seen a TV show called "Thatcherworld"?

<a class="postlink" href="http://explore.bfi.org.uk/4ce2b7ce21bf3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://explore.bfi.org.uk/4ce2b7ce21bf3</a>

It aired in 1993 with a mixture of splitting image puppets and real actors. Sounds like some random shit worth a look.

Lets just end this thread now. In reality, the "silent majority" have won as usual. All the nonsense about disrupting the funeral etc came to nothing and other than the shrill squeals from the minority the vast majority accept that overall Baroness Thatcher was a benefit to this country.

She is now dead and buried and so should this thread be

R.I.P

Ronnie the Rep said:
Lets just end this thread now. In reality, the "silent majority" have won as usual. All the nonsense about disrupting the funeral etc came to nothing and other than the shrill squeals from the minority the vast majority accept that overall Baroness Thatcher was a benefit to this country.

R.I.P

the vast majority accept that overall Baroness Thatcher was a benefit to this country.

You mean the vast majority of "decent" people. Your Daily Mail knickers are showing.

How blinkered can you get! Thatcher did indeed win three successive elections, each of which yielded a parliamentary landslide. But she never truly won “the backing of the British people.” Her share of the popular vote was never more than forty-four per cent.

To put it another way, her highest level of popularity was lower than the loser’s tally in five of the last seven American Presidential elections.

But then facts aren't the right's strong suit.

Ronnie the Rep said:

R.I.P
Nice try at getting in the last word mate.

Rightly or wrongly the vast majority do not accept that she was a benefit to this country.

I've seen various opinion polls that put it at 50/50, one or two edging it for her , but you state 'vast' majority. I'd put that at about 75% in favour of her. Where do get your info. from?

The perfect fumble said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

R.I.P

the vast majority accept that overall Baroness Thatcher was a benefit to this country.

You mean the vast majority of "decent" people. Your Daily Mail knickers are showing.

How blinkered can you get! Thatcher did indeed win three successive elections, each of which yielded a parliamentary landslide. But she never truly won “the backing of the British people.” Her share of the popular vote was never more than forty-four per cent.

To put it another way, her highest level of popularity was lower than the loser’s tally in five of the last seven American Presidential elections.

Haha. 2005 election Bliar had 35.2 % and the one before 40.7%

Don't let the facts get in your way ;-)

Ronnie the Rep said:
The perfect fumble said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

R.I.P

What has the war criminal and liar got to do with the dead witch? Why do you assume that we that hate thatcher, support labour? Politics is a broad spectrum. The 3 main parties have screwed workers since there formation.

totallywired said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
The perfect fumble said:

What has the war criminal and liar got to do with the dead witch? Why do you assume that we that hate thatcher, support labour? Politics is a broad spectrum. The 3 main parties have screwed workers since there formation.

Good point. BTW workers include everybody employed and screwed includes punitive taxes on the higher earners

Ronnie the Rep said:
totallywired said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

Good point. BTW workers include everybody employed and screwed includes punitive taxes on the higher earners
Still waiting for your definition of 'vast majority' Ronnie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.