The 2012 Olympics Thread - Its Over :(

Re: The 2012 Olympics Thread (3rd August, Page 74)

The cookie monster said:
ickle~blue said:
Blue Maverick said:
On another note did anyone see the interview with Pendelton after she and her partner had been disqualified, she came across as a bit of a selfish woman, she fucked up the cross over but all she could say was oh well at least I've still got the other events, whereas her partner was devastated as it was her only event and was out of the Olympics.

Agree, during the interview in reference to the point about it being Jess Varnish's only event Pendletons response was very flippant. Can't recall her exact words but it was basically...well she's got the next Olympics games. Very shitty attitude.
That interview went fuckall like that.

Agreed, she got it exactly right, she expressed her disappointment for the other girl but pointed out that she would have her chance again. She did allude to the fact that the other girl was at fault for moving out too early, which was fair enough imo as the leading rider calls the shots, Pendleton just reacted as the gap appeared.

As previously pointed out, she has to remain focussed for her next race and not dwell on what had happened.

The cookie monster said:
Ben ainslie on a bit of a charge now
Still a lot to do though.
After the problems he had and the 2 cunts lying about him yesterday i think he will happily take any medal from this

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
After the problems he had and the 2 cunts lying about him yesterday i think he will happily take any medal from this
That was a fucking joke.
He was fuming.

The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The cookie monster said:
That was a fucking joke.
He was fuming.
Missed that lads, what happened.

On another note, did you hear the interview with the trio that won the Gold in the men's sprint? The young lad admitted to crashing deliberately in the heat against Germany so he could get a restart as his start wasn't as good as he wanted. Anyone think that the authorities will have a look at that and think it might have been in the same vein as those in the Badminton? Not that they'll take the medal off them, but admitting on camera that you crashed deliberately to gain an advantage isn't the most intelligent thing I've heard.

Oh, and can we have a fucking interview with an athlete who doesn't use the word 'unbelievable'........

malg said:
The cookie monster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
That was a fucking joke.
He was fuming.
Missed that lads, what happened.

On another note, did you hear the interview with the trio that won the Gold in the men's sprint? The young lad admitted to crashing deliberately in the heat against Germany so he could get a restart as his start wasn't as good as he wanted. Anyone think that the authorities will have a look at that and think it might have been in the same vein as those in the Badminton? Not that they'll take the medal off them, but admitting on camera that you crashed deliberately to gain an advantage isn't the most intelligent thing I've heard.

Oh, and can we have a fucking interview with an athlete who doesn't use the word 'unbelievable'........

malg falling from a bad start is common practice as there is no rule in place for it, totally legal move, should of just kept his mouth shut really though. Hoy is a bit pissed off though.
The Danish bloke said Ainslie caught a marker when turning and got a Dutch guy to back him up, Ainslie was fully adamant he never touched it but cant contest it as 2 people have said the same thing, got a time penalty for it

He actually said them 2 guys have made me angry.
And you don't want to see me angry.

Cheers for that, didn't know it was a legal move, just sounds a little 'dodgy'.

As for the sailing, I got the feeling from the last games that Ainslie isn't that much liked by other competitors (I may have that wrong, or my memory isn't as good as it was) so probably no surprise there.......as the athletes would say, 'UNBELIEVABLE'!

malg said:
Cheers for that, didn't know it was a legal move, just sounds a little 'dodgy'.

As for the sailing, I got the feeling from the last games that Ainslie isn't that much liked by other competitors (I may have that wrong, or my memory isn't as good as it was) so probably no surprise there.......as the athletes would say, 'UNBELIEVABLE'!
Its not really legal there is just no rule in place to stop it. I guess the problem is proving someone fell deliberately.
He doesn't seem to have many friends probably due to success. Maybe if they threw a JEFF in with the unbelievable

Good couple of days we have just had,few more like that and 60 medals will be in reach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.