The 4 main british political parties lowest point

I don’t know enough about Swindon or her her policies but campaigning on a ‘stop Brexit’ ticket is probably not going to work in terms of uniting people. It will just create more division

What we really need is a leader who can articulate a path through this. Who that is, goodness knows but there must me someone somewhere.

With the last 2 day leadership announcements

All 4 main political parties in the UK Labour, C&U libdems and SNP all now have terrible leaders

Discuss, or don't

The thing with politics is that there has been worse but we live in the moment.

As the thread title says the four main parties lowest points, I don't think they are at the lowest at the moment, despite the collection of buffoons we have.

The Tories have had IDS as a leader
The Liberals had Jeremy Thorpe
The Labour Party had Kinnock
The SNP had Salmond

None of those four are as good as the leaders the parties currently have.

I would argue that currently the SNP have got their best leader ever
Paddy Ashdown is the best Liberal leader.
Atlee or maybe Foot was the best Labour leader
I cant think of one Tory who is any good, even Churchill was an opportunist guilty of horrendous crimes. Thatcher was the most effective but she was a witch.

The thing with politics is that there has been worse but we live in the moment.

As the thread title says the four main parties lowest points, I don't think they are at the lowest at the moment, despite the collection of buffoons we have.

The Tories have had IDS as a leader
The Liberals had Jeremy Thorpe
The Labour Party had Kinnock
The SNP had Salmond

None of those four are as good as the leaders the parties currently have.

I would argue that currently the SNP have got their best leader ever
Paddy Ashdown is the best Liberal leader.
Atlee or maybe Foot was the best Labour leader
I cant think of one Tory who is any good, even Churchill was an opportunist guilty of horrendous crimes. Thatcher was the most effective but she was a witch.

Thry have all had bed leaders at one poiny, but I was meaning to have 4 what I would say are avarage or poor leaders all at once.

Johnson is self explanitary he's a ****
Corbyns aproach at times to situations is less than impressive.
Swinson, is a terrible constituency MP, she hardly even visit it and let's her aides run it how can you trust her to care about the country.
Sturgeon, well she stays at holyrood and her comfort zone.

There has been worse leaders, but never have so many average political leaders been all at once.

Last edited:
Thry have all had bed leaders at one poiny, but I was meaning to have 4 what I would say are avarage or poor leaders all at once.

Corbyns aproach at times to situations is less than impressive.
Swinson, is a terrible constituency MP, she hardly even visit it and let's her aides run it how can you trust her to care about the country.

There has been worse leadees, but never have so many average political leaders been all at once.

A fair point and a sad indictment of UK politics. It shows the lack of able politicians that we have. However I am not surprised by this mate, it is a direct result IMHO of the Telegraphs expose of the Parliamentary expenses scandal and the simple fact that we undervalue our MPs in a monetary sense, i.e We don't pay them enough.

I don’t know enough about Swindon or her her policies but campaigning on a ‘stop Brexit’ ticket is probably not going to work in terms of uniting people. It will just create more division

What we really need is a leader who can articulate a path through this. Who that is, goodness knows but there must me someone somewhere.
It’s a nice idea. I’m not sure there is a middle path though. It’s like being pregnant. You are or you aren’t. I don’t think there is a form of Brexit that will satisfy a large proportion of remainers. Likewise, I don’t think there is a Remain that will convince leavers.
Like it or not, this is going to have to be forced through in one direction or another and the fall out dealt with.

I know you will probably point to voting record as a Government Minister, but what’s wrong with Swinson?
Apart from the fact that one of her first comments was saying she would not accept the leave vote in a second referendum... I guess this will be closely followed by a request to remove the word "Democrats" from the party title... sorry if posted already but she reminds me of Veruca Salt...

Corbyns aproach at times to situations is less than impressive aka he's a ****.

There has been worse leaders, but never have so many average political leaders been all at once.

It’s a nice idea. I’m not sure there is a middle path though. It’s like being pregnant. You are or you aren’t. I don’t think there is a form of Brexit that will satisfy a large proportion of remainers. Likewise, I don’t think there is a Remain that will convince leavers.
Like it or not, this is going to have to be forced through in one direction or another and the fall out dealt with.
Revoke, set rules for all further polls, make mp's sign an oath of honesty in order to make prosecution inevitable for Deliberate LIES (under the umbrella of treason law), remove the media from the safety of "free press immunity", after all they created this nightmare, their owners must pay the price for their naked manipulation of the public.
Whilst the country is marching backwards under FPTP the media ensures this happens as they effectively run the country, and not in some surreal tory propaganda way that the "unions were running the country", but in a very real way by Lying, twisting spinning public opinion. The UK is in the grip of a handful of far-right billionaires and the rump of thatcher supporters that just put bojac in Downing street. They have no credible opposition, again thanks to the partisan media.
You know you really are in the brown stuff when trump endorses the new PM...

Revoke, set rules for all further polls, make mp's sign an oath of honesty in order to make prosecution inevitable for Deliberate LIES (under the umbrella of treason law), remove the media from the safety of "free press immunity", after all they created this nightmare, their owners must pay the price for their naked manipulation of the public.
Whilst the country is marching backwards under FPTP the media ensures this happens as they effectively run the country, and not in some surreal tory propaganda way that the "unions were running the country", but in a very real way by Lying, twisting spinning public opinion. The UK is in the grip of a handful of far-right billionaires and the rump of thatcher supporters that just put bojac in Downing street. They have no credible opposition, again thanks to the partisan media.
You know you really are in the brown stuff when trump endorses the new PM...

Who pray tell has the balls or the motivation to do this... will it make us look less stupid than we do right now or do we not care?

Apart from the fact that one of her first comments was saying she would not accept the leave vote in a second referendum... I guess this will be closely followed by a request to remove the word "Democrats" from the party title... sorry if posted already but she reminds me of Veruca Salt...

She said she wouldn’t vote it through as an MP in Parliament.

She’s entitled to not do.

I think any new referendum would need to be different and some legality around it that it needs to be implemented. That would also require the need of it to be specific on what direction we go in.

Liberal Democrats will campaign on revoking A50 anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.