The 4 main british political parties lowest point

I don’t know enough about Swindon or her her policies but campaigning on a ‘stop Brexit’ ticket is probably not going to work in terms of uniting people. It will just create more division

What we really need is a leader who can articulate a path through this. Who that is, goodness knows but there must me someone somewhere.

Success for the Lib Dems at the next election would be re-taking half or more of the seats they lost in 2015. They're more likely to achieve that by going for the ultra Remain vote rather than trying to be a unifying party.

She said she wouldn’t vote it through as an MP in Parliament.

She’s entitled to not do.

I think any new referendum would need to be different and some legality around it that it needs to be implemented. That would also require the need of it to be specific on what direction we go in.

Liberal Democrats will campaign on revoking A50 anyway.

Let's say hypothically we have already left before a GE and so cannot campaign for revoking A50, but did campaign on re-applying for entry and all that would come with it like joining the euro, no vetos, no budget rebate less powers than now.

Would you still back her and that idea?

Not that I think we will have left by the next GE though.

She said she wouldn’t vote it through as an MP in Parliament.

She’s entitled to not do.

I think any new referendum would need to be different and some legality around it that it needs to be implemented. That would also require the need of it to be specific on what direction we go in.

Liberal Democrats will campaign on revoking A50 anyway.

Agreed, as long as she is representing the wishes of her constituents... She still reminds me of Veruca Salt

Let's say hypothically we have already left before a GE and so cannot campaign for revoking A50, but did campaign on re-applying for entry and all that would come with it like joining the euro, no vetos, no budget rebate less powers than now.

Would you still back her and that idea?

Not that I think we will have left by the next GE though.

I’d rather be a fully integrated member than not be.

We’d be far more subservient to the EU outside than inside.

Agreed, as long as she is representing the wishes of her constituents... She still reminds me of Veruca Salt

Again she’s entitled not to, they’ll just vote her out next time if not.

But considering they voted her in, as the biggest pro remain large party, I’m guessing she is representing their wishes.

I’d rather be a fully integrated member than not be.

We’d be far more subservient to the EU outside than inside.

You might but I expect the majority of the UK wouldn't even new labour saw the reaction to the possibility of joining the euro from labour voters and that one issue alone is still unpopular, other aspects never talked about like the the courts, rebate, and other extras we have managed to secure over the years not being there will put some off who even voted remain.

Not saying me personally bit many will be against rejoining.

You might but I expect the majority of the UK wouldn't even new labour saw the reaction to the possibility of joining the euro from labour voters and that one issue alone is still unpopular, other aspects never talked about like the the courts, rebate, and other extras we have managed to secure over the years not being there will put some off who even voted remain.

Not saying me personally bit many will be against rejoining.

It depends on how we leave, I think that’s the most important aspect.

I genuinely also believe that the proportion of those who support remain, have increased their backing of the EU, which may return a majority vote.

In 2015 I didn’t know anything about the EU, in 2016 I voted Remain because of who led the leave campaign and the fact it sounded a risk.

Now in 2019, I think overall it’s incredibly positive for the continent and allows us to be a big player on the global stage, whilst the economic benefits keep flowing.

It depends on how we leave, I think that’s the most important aspect.

I genuinely also believe that the proportion of those who support remain, have increased their backing of the EU, which may return a majority vote.

In 2015 I didn’t know anything about the EU, in 2016 I voted Remain because of who led the leave campaign and the fact it sounded a risk.

Now in 2019, I think overall it’s incredibly positive for the continent and allows us to be a big player on the global stage, whilst the economic benefits keep flowing.

It is and has been posititve for us, however if we rejoin after what has gone on we wouldn't be a major player as we were as part of the three dominant countries or us, france and germany, we would be similar to spain, poland or italy.

We has made ourselves look beligent, more so than normal and pompus and weak because of this government and the PM to come, and unfortunately thr EE would have no respect for our percieved greatness.

The British phyche is one of a great world nation and imho it will take at least another generation until that we are great britain global leader mindset will accept we are just not that powerful or overly important anymore.

During this debarcle remain may have possibly got more popular, but ince out I wouldn't be surprissed if an option to go back inthe next 10 years with none of the benfit we had would be popular enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.