The Agenda (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: so this agenda thing.

malg said:
Christ, just read half the shite on the Yaya/Pellegrini/Dzeko threads or any matchdat thread.......agenda or not, I haven't read anything a journo has written that would come close to half the shite written on here.

nail on the head

Re: 'Agenda' no more apparent than right now

I'm not a proper City fan, and I make no effort to listen to the experts, but I can't live my life without occasionally hearing someone else's propaganda box. It's inescapable, and yes, OP is right. I don't think they've all got together and said "let's downplay Manchester City"; rather they're just fooking useless, and set in their ways.

After prolonged City success they'll start spouting favourable propaganda for you guys, and that's when you should worry. You don't want the rotten media on your side, or the numbskulls who believe them. You want good, honest, handsome, intelyjint football fans like me on your side, and you get that by continuing to be a great team to watch.

If you see a media, kick it straight in the balls and say "that was from Manchester City". Maintain the status quo. You don't really want them desperately searching for hollow praise like they do for Liverpool or u*d. It's pathetic.

To be honest with you this is massively in our favour it is great. In our two titles we were able to play out the season winning games with the worlds focus, the pressure of winning, booking parades etc on Ferguson and Rodgers.

Long may it continue that we don't get ordained early, that we don't get labled favourites and we don't carry the expectation of the press !

The one season in my lifetime we had this was in 2012-13 and in some ways it was one of the most disappointing non relegation seasons in The last 35 years!

So let's actually be glad of this, let it be a spur to win a title and let's be glad the narrative of 12 and 14 is playing out not the narrative of 2013

Re: so this agenda thing.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
malg said:
Christ, just read half the shite on the Yaya/Pellegrini/Dzeko threads or any matchdat thread.......agenda or not, I haven't read anything a journo has written that would come close to half the shite written on here.

nail on the head

Yeah, because a media outlet should be held to the same exacting standards as an unofficial fans' website.
Cop the fork on.

There is no doubt about it and people who deny it are playing the ostrich. But I dont think it plays out in the world press, probably quite the reverse in fact due to the efforts of our board and our players.

So do we care? It's a world game now.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Let's check the papers tomorrow:

No reference to Chelsea blowing a nine point lead; check

No reference to Chelsea being a one man team; check

No reference to the cost of united's squad and the size of their wage bill; check

No reference to united's underperforming 'egos'; check

Again and again these disrespectful motherfuckers fail to provide any form of objectivity and balance when reporting on us.

Let their unbridled pain continue.
quality post.

To me, there's no doubt whatsoever that there is a bias against us in the mainstream media. I had a look at the Metro newspaper on the morning after our magnificent win in Rome, and the back page had a huge picture of Andre Schurrle celebrating a goal for Chelsea in what was for them a meaningless Champions League match. If we had slipped up in Rome or CSKA had won in Munich, you could have bet your bottom dollar that we'd have been the back page story. I used to enjoy watching Sunday Supplement in the noughties, but since we invested in our squad for the first time under ADUG ownership in the summer of 2009, it seems to be as much about having pops at us and extolling the virtues of our direct rivals as anything else. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but Patrick Barclay's performance a few weeks on it really annoyed me. By the same token, it is great fun to see faces resembling smacked arses whenever we are doing well or have just won a trophy. I live and work in Dublin and have worn my City scarf in the winter and jersey in the summer, and I can honestly say that it's great fun seeing all of the dirty looks I get from passers by. These things just make success all the sweeter, although if the media are not reporting our performances on and off the pitch (FFP) in a fair and objective manner, then they should be criticised for it. I know I would be if I wasn't doing my job correctly. Happy 2015 to all Bluemooners, btw

Barclay's Premier League and BBC web sites both say:- 1. Chelsea, 2. Man City.

It should of cause read 1=. Chelsea, 1=. Man City, no agenda don't make me laugh.

True. The thing is I'm happier being ignored. We got the same amount of respect the two years we won the title.

We did it before and we'll do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.