The Agenda: Part Deux

CityCTID said:
The anti-agenda

"We are going to impose our agenda on the coverage by dealing with issues and subjects that we choose to deal with".
-Richard M. Cohen, former Senior Producer of CBS-

"Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have."
-Richard Salant, former CBS News President-

"There is not one of you who dare to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the street looking for another job"
- John Swinton, former chief of staff, The New York Times
Interesting, but not surprising!

BillyShears said:
What I said after last week's victory over Spurs is just as applicable this week. Why are some so caught up in talking about the media after we win. It's just stupid. What's stupider is that the loudest moaners about the media after a victory (yeah, I'm looking directly at you Pam) are those who moan loudest if anyone dares come on the forum and have a whinge after a defeat or a poor performance. You'd think if you want the right to act out and vent your spleen after we win then you'd afford the same courtesy to those who want a whinge after we don't win.

Ahhh the great contradictions of Bluemoon.

Media, Religeon, Politics = The power to influence others to subliminally influence their cause/ agenda. It works both ways of course but the levity of ignoring negative influences can be catastrophic for your own cause.

BillyShears said:
What I said after last week's victory over Spurs is just as applicable this week. Why are some so caught up in talking about the media after we win. It's just stupid. What's stupider is that the loudest moaners about the media after a victory (yeah, I'm looking directly at you Pam) are those who moan loudest if anyone dares come on the forum and have a whinge after a defeat or a poor performance. You'd think if you want the right to act out and vent your spleen after we win then you'd afford the same courtesy to those who want a whinge after we don't win.

Ahhh the great contradictions of Bluemoon.

oh just ignore him pam he hates that :)

The media have had it in for England goalkeepers and managers for a long long time. They love ruining a goalkeepers career by highlighting every single mistake they ever make. David James, Paul Robinson, Scott Carson, Rob Green...have all fallen foul of the British media snipers.

To be fair to Joe, he's made the odd mistake every now and again but has followed that up with big improvements and six months of steady to excellent goalkeeping. I also like his attitude, his determination and realism in the way he speaks, and I do not think the media will knock this England goalkeeper of his perch.

"Joe Hart, number one
City and England's number one"

-- Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 pm --

Malcolm X once said; “The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”

But I would like to think we're all intelligent enough to make our own minds up on things, ignore things that aren't worth taking any notice of and carry on regardless. That has clearly been City's stance with the media since the takeover and all we've done is improve every step if the way no matter what anyone has said about us. That shows the weakness of the media, it highlights that what they actually say means literally fuck all.

In the words of Eccles Blue (I think), onwards and upwards with Manchester City.

That scouse runt Tony Evans has just had a two minute rant against Mancini on talkshite press pass.
Mancini has no friends in the heirachy at city, hated by the players blah ablah blah.
Also said with venom that Guadiola would never consider going to city as they had no heritage, Arsenal, liverpool, even the scum yes but not city, no agenda my backside

Might as well put this here as it has the whiff of agenda about it.

Tony Evans of the Times on talkshite press pass just now, said something along the lines of...

Manchini's people put the Suarez story in the press in an attempt to double bluff City's hierarchy, who incidentally are not on friendly terms with Bobby. Oh, and Guardiola want's to manage a club with 'history and heritage' next i.e. not us or Chelsea.

unexpected item said:

Tony Evans of the Times on talkshite press pass just now, said something along the lines of...

Manchini's people put the Suarez story in the press in an attempt to double bluff City's hierarchy, who incidentally are not on friendly terms with Bobby. Oh, and Guardiola want's to manage a club with 'history and heritage' next i.e. not us or Chelsea.

Will be great news for Preston North End

For the last three years Tony Evans has slagged us off whenever he's been on the Times podcast

he hates us with a passion and is far from objective, ignore the useless scouse ****

unexpected item said:

Ah good old Tony and his istree/hairytidge crap. If there's one journo I'd love to sit down and educate it's this ****. The people on here who castigate Mr Ashton can't see the real evil in fleet street. The crazy thing is on Friday morning on talkshite he spoke level headed sense, the first time I've ever heard it in relation to us. I can only assume he his tea was spiked because every other time its the usual prejudicial bullshit... but there's no fucking agenda just bitter journos; that can't be denied.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.