The Album Review Club - Week #127 - (page 1545) - Definitely Maybe - Oasis

I’ve always made due with Greatest Hits (one of the first records I ever bought) and been fine but this will be fun. Not so fond of Last Child, but I do love Back In The Saddle — it’s hard not to — but it’s criminal the title cut to Toys In The Attic was left off GH. Personally my favo(u)rite song of theirs after Sweet Emotion is probably Draw The Line.

Played it once.
Won’t be repeating the torture.
Can’t stand this type of male vocalist driven stuff, screaming as if their bollocks are in a vice trying to compete with screeching guitars.
It has no redeeming features for me.
So 1/10.

Played it once.
Won’t be repeating the torture.
Can’t stand this type of male vocalist driven stuff, screaming as if their bollocks are in a vice trying to compete with screeching guitars.
It has no redeeming features for me.
So 1/10.

Sorry, can't take your score seriously so it's a good job I don't choose stuff looking for good scores.

If you cannot appreicate the talent invovled in making a record like this you just have zero musical appreciation.

Last edited:
I’ve always made due with Greatest Hits (one of the first records I ever bought) and been fine but this will be fun. Not so fond of Last Child, but I do love Back In The Saddle — it’s hard not to — but it’s criminal the title cut to Toys In The Attic was left off GH. Personally my favo(u)rite song of theirs after Sweet Emotion is probably Draw The Line.

Sweet Emotion and WTW are great tracks. I do like "Draw the Line", the track a lot, but my fvourite on that album and one of my top 5 Aerosmith tracks is "Kings & Queens".

Well, the vocalist IS trying to compete with the screeching guitar :).

Tyler is a good singer and certainly a good screamer, which is why Jimmy Page had him rehearsing to take Robert Plant's place on a Zep tour. Tyler pulled out because he didn't think he should stand-in for Percy.

A few years back, Tyler made a solo album that is basically a country album; it was really good. Saw him perfom live on the back of it but he did include a lot of Aerosmith tracks.

Seen Aerosmith live several times. I particularly recall seeing them headline at Hyde Park, which hosts its British Summertime gigs around the same time as Glastonbury. I had watched a lot of Glastonbury on the TV that year and what really struck me when Aerosmith took the stage was how Tyler & Perry in particular had the aura and charisma of megastars. There was a palpable difference to the acts at Glastonbury, the boys from Boston were titans by comparison and looked and performed like they owned the big stage. Differnt league and that is why, like them or not, they are a megaband.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.